SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022 Mock Draft part 1

2022 Mock Draft part 1

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders (8→1)
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Islanders-The no-brainer pick. Will slide in as the No. 1 or No. 2 center behind Barzal.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Yotes grab either Nemec or Kemell. I would they need goal-scoring more than defense.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Savoie will be snagged before Cooley and here's why. Savoie is more NHL-ready that Cooley. I feel like most top 5 teams will want to pass up on Cooley because he's committed to college hockey next season.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-With a top-tier center prospect in Beniers, Cooley will once again be passed up here. Instead the Kraken draft Nemec to give them a top-tier defensive prospect they are missing right now.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With a handful of young centers the Senators have, they are one team that can afford to wait on Cooley. Has potential to surpass Norris and become the No. 1 center for Ottawa.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils ideally need a big physical winger in their top 6 and Slafkovsky can provide just that.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-With Giroux rumored to be traded, the Flyers should get a center to replace him. Lambert's elite playmaking ability can mesh well with Foerster's goal-scoring.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres draft Jiricek who slides in perfectly alongside Power.
9Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksA bit of a reach, but Nelson could easily replace Seth Jones. Plus we've seen the Blue Jackets take risks before and it has paid off, for example their pick for Chinakov.
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-The Columbus GM loves taking non-Canadian players in the first round so I think he continues that trend here.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Lekkerimaki has formed excellent chemistry with Eklund in the SHL as of late, and I think that chemistry can translate well in the NHL.
12Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Red Wings are missing a 2C behind Larkin and Geekie gives them additional center depth. Also brings size to a top 6 that is lacking it.
13Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Hughes has been needing a young defensive partner to play alongside him, so drafting Casey would be a smart choice.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Jets need a RD or a playmaking RW to play alongside Lucius in the future. Nazar is very crafty with the puck and could definitely turn Lucius into a 35+ goal scorer.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Yes, it is still a reach to select a RD at this spot, but we've seen Dallas take risks before, especially last year. However they need RD badly so drafting Chelsey would fill that need.
16Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks are filled with young prospects, so I think they go with BPA. In my eyes that's Miroshnichenko. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE DUCKS NEEDS.
17Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings grab either a winger or a LD. I don't see Mateychuk falling any lower than this.
18Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Besides goaltending, the Oilers could use a physical winger in their middle 6. Gauthier provides physicality, so he will address that need.
19Logo of the Boston Bruins-With Bergeron aging, the Bruins should snag a center. Ostlund is the best available.
20Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsI don't see McGroarty falling any further than this, so the Sabres select him here. This also gives them a replacement option for Eichel.
21Logo of the Nashville Predators-
22Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
23Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
24Logo of the Washington Capitals-
25Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
26Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
27Logo of the New York Rangers-
28Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
29Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
30Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Pretty good reasoning with all picks though if Anaheim goes BPA there, they'd pick McGroarty or Mateychuk imo
Feb. 17, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
I've been watching some SHL games, specifically for Eklund, and I would 100% be on board with the Sharks taking Lekkerimäki or Öhgren to pair with him.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
I totally agree with your point of Savioe being ahead of Cooley, however I think that they are number 2 and 3 behind Shane Wright.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll