SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Tierney picks for Hartman

Created by: KingBuzz
Published: Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:03 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 58/200 (29%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hartman, RyanMinnesota WildNHL-$492,999111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tierney, ChrisOttawa SenatorsNHL-$1,014,999111---0000--
2022 5th round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---001------
2023 4th round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,110,2762344623612
Change-$522,000000002
Final$1,588,276 (↓)2344623614 (↑)000

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tierney, ChrisOttawa SenatorsNHL-$1,014,999111---0000--
2022 5th round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---001------
2023 4th round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hartman, RyanMinnesota WildNHL-$492,999111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,797,0492345633914
Change$522,00000000-2
Final$11,319,049 (↑)2345633912 (↓)000
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:05 p.m.
Nein
Nyet
Nadda
Nope
Dutchies liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:05 p.m.
Banned
Be better. Minnesota isn't trading Hartman. Much less for horrible contract and beyond bad player. Minnesota isn't trading their cheap 1c
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: GophersBenJ
Be better. Minnesota isn't trading Hartman. Much less for horrible contract and beyond bad player. Minnesota isn't trading their cheap 1c

Minnesota is already interested in Tierney and this is the only trade that works Cap wise
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.

Quoting: KingBuzz
Minnesota is already interested in Tierney and this is the only trade that works Cap wise

I will agree that Hartman is having a career season which diffidently ups his value. But if Minnesota where to want to make this trade with Ottawa this is the only way it would work.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
Banned
I will agree that Hartman is having a career season which diffidently ups his value. But if Minnesota where to want to make this trade with Ottawa this is the only way it would work.

No, it's not. We aren't trading Hartman, not a chance. To think we would take on your bad contract and cal dump isn't even reality
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Banned

So you are trolling, again be better
Gmonwy liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
Tkachuk for Sturm, 4th, 5th.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
No, it's not. We aren't trading Hartman, not a chance. To think we would take on your bad contract and cal dump isn't even reality

I'm not saying that they would trade Hartman I'm saying that this would be the best possible trade for both party's if Minnesota was ever interested in Tierney. Anything else would be unreasonable and would make no sense, and also would be breaking the leagues trading rules.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
So you are trolling, again be better

Both teams scouts have been attending each others games.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.

If Minnesota was interested in Tierney what would the trade look like for you?
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
Banned
Both teams scouts have been attending each others games.

Minnesota hasn't, that Is just factual. .
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Banned
I'm not saying that they would trade Hartman I'm saying that this would be the best possible trade for both party's if Minnesota was ever interested in Tierney. Anything else would be unreasonable and would make no sense, and also would be breaking the leagues trading rules.

Not even you can believe this. Tierney is a cap dump And he sucks. Not sure how you can reason this. No, it wouldn't be best for Minnesota, so it's beyond illogical here. Again your last sentence shows you are trolling. Done with people like you
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.

That is nonsense. It works cap wise, but the value is nowhere close.
Dutchies and RazWild liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 2:59 p.m.
If Minnesota was interested in Tierney what would the trade look like for you?

Not even you can believe this. Tierney is a cap dump And he sucks. Not sure how you can reason this. No, it wouldn't be best for Minnesota, so it's beyond illogical here. Again your last sentence shows you are trolling. Done with people like you

So you're both wrong in this scenario.

Tierney is not a cap dump. Nor does he suck. He's a useful depth piece in the bottom 6 for a top contending team. Ottawa doesn't need cap space this year, and he's a UFA after the season, so the term "cap dump" can't apply.
That being said, him and lower picks for Hartman is not close, esp with the way Hartman has played this year.

Saying this is the only thing that works for both teams is completely false. Once again, OTT doesn't need the cap space, and can afford to retain at 50%. MIN still has over $2mil in projected cap space and $10 mil in deadline cap space, so they can make a few moves.

He's not gonna score a ton of points, but he can play some hard and valuable depth minutes on the PK, improve their D zone faceoff percentage, and is just a playoff type player.

If there is interest on both sides the trade would probably be:

Tierney - 50% retained

For:

Anywhere between a third and a fifth
a decent to good prospect (not in MIN's top 7)

OTT can even take back an expiring contract (like Rask) to get a bit of a better return.
RazWild and EccE liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: Rhea
That is nonsense. It works cap wise, but the value is nowhere close.

I think I just said the same thing, but in my typical long winded way............
RazWild liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 4:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Dutchies
So you're both wrong in this scenario.

Tierney is not a cap dump. Nor does he suck. He's a useful depth piece in the bottom 6 for a top contending team. Ottawa doesn't need cap space this year, and he's a UFA after the season, so the term "cap dump" can't apply.
That being said, him and lower picks for Hartman is not close, esp with the way Hartman has played this year.

Saying this is the only thing that works for both teams is completely false. Once again, OTT doesn't need the cap space, and can afford to retain at 50%. MIN still has over $2mil in projected cap space and $10 mil in deadline cap space, so they can make a few moves.

He's not gonna score a ton of points, but he can play some hard and valuable depth minutes on the PK, improve their D zone faceoff percentage, and is just a playoff type player.

If there is interest on both sides the trade would probably be:

Tierney - 50% retained

For:

Anywhere between a third and a fifth
a decent to good prospect (not in MIN's top 7)

OTT can even take back an expiring contract (like Rask) to get a bit of a better return.

He's not worth any prospect, literally none. Minnesota has 11mil in cap space and doesn't need to get rid of rask . Our gm isn't going to rent so it doesn't matter
Mar. 2, 2022 at 4:34 p.m.
He's not worth any prospect, literally none. Minnesota has 11mil in cap space and doesn't need to get rid of rask . Our gm isn't going to rent so it doesn't matter

So narrowminded..............
EccE liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Banned
So narrowminded..............

No , I am not. It's beyond weird how you think a player like him would even play in MIN or worth a top prospect outside of top 7 is really laughable

Thank God our gm doesn't think that way
Mar. 2, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
No , I am not. It's beyond weird how you think a player like him would even play in MIN or worth a top prospect outside of top 7 is really laughable

Thank God our gm doesn't think that way

LOL, I can't wait for Mr Guerin to make a bold move and you'll be eating crow.

You have Sturm and Bjugstad in your bottom 6 and you don't think Tierney is an improvement? There are holes, and they need to be filled.

But there's no point in arguing with someone who has their head in the sand.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
Banned
LOL, I can't wait for Mr Guerin to make a bold move and you'll be eating crow.

You have Sturm and Bjugstad in your bottom 6 and you don't think Tierney is an improvement? There are holes, and they need to be filled.

But there's no point in arguing with someone who has their head in the sand.

When was the time our gm traded away significant asset? The same one who won't budge on trading prospects or 1st round pick thus deadline? Same one whose made it clear he cares more about the future? Tierney isn't better than those two. Tierney is same player ottowa fans want to rid of because he's like rask. For you to say he's worth a number 8 prospect is funny.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
When was the time our gm traded away significant asset? The same one who won't budge on trading prospects or 1st round pick thus deadline? Same one whose made it clear he cares more about the future? Tierney isn't better than those two. Tierney is same player ottowa fans want to rid of because he's like rask. For you to say he's worth a number 8 prospect is funny.

1) never said anything about a number 8 prospect. I said anything under a number 7. Could be a number 15, could be a number 9.
2) MIN has one of the best farm systems in the league. Do you really think all of those players are going to make the NHL club? You might have a couple in your top 7 that don't. If you sit around hoarding prospects, you get no where. You just have to be smart about the ones you move.
3) Tierney is better, younger, less injury prone and has more playoff experience than Bjugstad, and he's also better and has more playoff experience than Sturm.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
I think I just said the same thing, but in my typical long winded way............

Yes i don't possess the Shakespearean qualities you do though.
Dutchies liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: Rhea
Yes i don't possess the Shakespearean qualities you do though.

I doth not protest this statement as false............
Rhea liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll