$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
Jets Decline
Not even close in value… plus WPG has less than zero need, want, or desire for a 5’9 LHW
Windjammer liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:17 p.m.
Interim Avian GM
Marner and Debrincat would be a pretty fun duo
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: BatVader
Jets Decline
Not even close in value… plus WPG has less than zero need, want, or desire for a 5’9 LHW

Ya I dont disagree, maybe some draft picks or a different prospect could get it done? is Dillon worth trading for or is there a better option?
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: GMtommyhawk
Marner and Debrincat would be a pretty fun duo

Matthews and Kane apparently have massive respect for each other, Im not entirely sure of their full relationship. But i feel that would be one of the only acceptable replacements in Matthews mind for Marner. I feel the leafs need to change it up with parts of their core and this move wouldnt subtract to much on either side but would give the leafs experience going the distance in the immediate and Chicago would get much younger for roughly the same cost.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
Marner isnt the issue in Toronto minus the 2LW spot this is the deepest offensive leafs team of our lifetime. Fluery has stated that he doesnt intent to move at the deadline as well, though it was steve simmons who reported that so I wouldnt be surprised if that was BS. Either way not a fan of that first deal. Dillon makes sense for the leafs, but the jets seem to be in limbo at the moment it might be time for a reset there, I think they'd prefer picks over prospects atm. Martin would only work if they try to recreate the identity line, spezza would be useless out there with them.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: MatyG
Ya I dont disagree, maybe some draft picks or a different prospect could get it done? is Dillon worth trading for or is there a better option?

I would say that Dillon is a good option, compared to the other LHD on the market, for the leafs if they are without Muzzin until the playoffs. Would the leafs give a 1st and a prospect for Dillon? if you look at his numbers they are actually better this year.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
And the islanders would do that why?
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: Tobey2002
Marner isnt the issue in Toronto minus the 2LW spot this is the deepest offensive leafs team of our lifetime. Fluery has stated that he doesnt intent to move at the deadline as well, though it was steve simmons who reported that so I wouldnt be surprised if that was BS. Either way not a fan of that first deal. Dillon makes sense for the leafs, but the jets seem to be in limbo at the moment it might be time for a reset there, I think they'd prefer picks over prospects atm. Martin would only work if they try to recreate the identity line, spezza would be useless out there with them.

Yes Marner has been great for the leafs, I dont doubt hes a top tier player and that their offense has been deep. It would be borderline crazy to trade Marner at the moment but to get value you have to give up value. Kane is almost a point per game player in the playoffs, 3 Stanley Cup Champ and I think he could get the most out of Matthews. Ya I saw some reports Fluery wasnt interested in uprooting his family again but the potential for a long playoff run could maybe change that. Matt Martin I fully believe could act as an engine for the leafs and fill a role that several players have been brought in to fill and some have done a decent job at but I havent seen a more passionate leafs team then when he played for them. He has also held his own against every tough guy in the league that the leafs could play in the playoffs.

Quoting: njlaf705
I would say that Dillon is a good option, compared to the other LHD on the market, for the leafs if they are without Muzzin until the playoffs. Would the leafs give a 1st and a prospect for Dillon? if you look at his numbers they are actually better this year.

My thought was Dillion would essentially play in the spot for Muss until he is 100% or playoff ready, then the two could be interchangeable. I doubt a 1st is on the table for this year without it being a bit of a bigger transaction. Leafs have a couple good young D in the prospect pool, not sure how willing I would be to part with some of them especially if they move on from some of the ones in my previous trades.
Tobey2002 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeypal
And the islanders would do that why?

My thinking was that the Islanders will have some increasing salaries in the next year especially to their defense, Holl offers an extra year of a low salary-ish decent player. Chara is currently on IR and was just a throw in but I suspect the Islander would want something for him anyway. Would "future considerations" be enough for him do you think?

Edit: Also Dubas is Lous special lil guy.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
My thinking was that the Islanders will have some increasing salaries in the next year especially to their defense, Holl offers an extra year of a low salary-ish decent player. Chara is currently on IR and was just a throw in but I suspect the Islander would want something for him anyway. Would "future considerations" be enough for him do you think?

I have a feeling Lou and Kyle dont getting along, its just a hunch of course but I cant shake that feeling.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
Yes Marner has been great for the leafs, I dont doubt hes a top tier player and that their offense has been deep. It would be borderline crazy to trade Marner at the moment but to get value you have to give up value. Kane is almost a point per game player in the playoffs, 3 Stanley Cup Champ and I think he could get the most out of Matthews. Ya I saw some reports Fluery wasnt interested in uprooting his family again but the potential for a long playoff run could maybe change that. Matt Martin I fully believe could act as an engine for the leafs and fill a role that several players have been brought in to fill and some have done a decent job at but I havent seen a more passionate leafs team then when he played for them. He has also held his own against every tough guy in the league that the leafs could play in the playoffs.

My thought was Dillion would essentially play in the spot for Muss until he is 100% or playoff ready, then the two could be interchangeable. I doubt a 1st is on the table for this year without it being a bit of a bigger transaction. Leafs have a couple good young D in the prospect pool, not sure how willing I would be to part with some of them especially if they move on from some of the ones in my previous trades.

Yeah I feel that but it just wouldnt happen now is all Im saying, If anything they can make a run at him around the draft and throw a huge package at the Blackhawks to try and get it done,

Yeah I would not trade a first for dillon either, maybe pair two seconds and ship them there? The Jets would have recouped any losses that they spend on him in the process
Mar. 6, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.

Well Holl would add more salary to them next year so that doesn’t make any sense and they already have 3 good rhd if they’re going to take a defenceman it would be a lhd I think Chara can definitely fetch more than future considerations definitely a 5-7th
Mar. 7, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeypal
Well Holl would add more salary to them next year so that doesn’t make any sense and they already have 3 good rhd if they’re going to take a defenceman it would be a lhd I think Chara can definitely fetch more than future considerations definitely a 5-7th

I dont disagree that they have RHD depth, maybe dermott in that spot could be more appealing. But I think hes almost an over pay. Chara is a 44 year old on injured reserve, I dont know his value. Matt Martin in several Islanders mockups have him being bought out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll