SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

Would the idea of moving the team to Lebreton Flats get revisited by a new owner?

Mar. 29, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
sensonfire
Whoever that new owner might be?

Personally, I don't think it would be ideal to keep the team in the outskirts of Kanata for yet another quarter of a century.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 11:54 a.m.
cautious optimism
As long as the new owners decide to pay for a good bit of it out of pocket instead of making the city of Ottawa pay for it entirely (Like Melnyk wanted them to), i feel like they would be able to do it.
sensonfire liked this.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 7:22 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Bobcat205
As long as the new owners decide to pay for a good bit of it out of pocket instead of making the city of Ottawa pay for it entirely (Like Melnyk wanted them to), i feel like they would be able to do it.

But who pays for the arena and the maintenance of the area is the big bugaboo in all sports....hockey/baseball/basketball and football.

The Toronto Skydome cost 600 million to build in 1988. It was owned by City of Toronto. But eventually it cost to much to maintain as a football/baseball stadium didn't have enough dates to of stadium usage to make it viable. Eventually the stadium was sold to Rogers Corp, owners of the Jays for 87 million.

A former business buddy, was involved with wanting to bring a second NHL team to the Toronto. The 500,000 million price tag for a franchise wasn't the issue. It was who was going to build the arena and who was going to cover operating deficients of the arena killed any thought of an NHL team coming ,
sensonfire and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll