$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$4,725,000$4,725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 1
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
RFA
$821,667$821,667
C, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 8, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: gary_bettman
Sharks don't even consider.

Really? I mean, Labanc is just not very good (really bad defensively) and makes a lot of money for nothing, which is the exact same thing as Zaitsev. Sens already have cheaper Gaudette who they probably won't re-sign anyway

Quoting: Burnout
Haha, no they don't. It makes zero sense for Montreal regardless,

While it might look like this from a internet/fantasy standpoint, why was Montreal interested in White then?

Montreal was probably trying to make a hockey trade for White, something around Armia or Dvorak but Sens were most likely not interested in adding salary (always a good idea to try and fleece Dorion though)

Quoting: Campabee
White's contract is twice as long, 1.35 Mil more expensive AND their production is pretty much the same over their careers. Sure Byron is 7 years older but if they were the same age we could get both the 1st and Greig for the difference in contract term and money.

lol that's even worse than the first post, if that's even possible...

It's like saying the Sens would take Kaiden Ghule, Joshua Roy and a 1st for taking Jeff Petry who's old and overpaid now

And that's not even hyperbole tears of joy

I see what you are are saying, I guess I am a little hard on White LOL.

Imagine how much it would cost to DUMP Gallagher or Josh Anderson? lol
Apr. 8, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
IamAlwaysRight
Quoting: Xspyrit
Really? I mean, Labanc is just not very good (really bad defensively) and makes a lot of money for nothing, which is the exact same thing as Zaitsev. Sens already have cheaper Gaudette who they probably won't re-sign anyway

While it might look like this from a internet/fantasy standpoint, why was Montreal interested in White then?

Montreal was probably trying to make a hockey trade for White, something around Armia or Dvorak but Sens were most likely not interested in adding salary (always a good idea to try and fleece Dorion though)

It's like saying the Sens would take Kaiden Ghule, Joshua Roy and a 1st for taking Jeff Petry who's old and overpaid now

Labanc still has upside and he fills our greatest need which is a RH RWer. Would be silly to move him for something we have no need for. Do your homework first.
FunMustBeAlways liked this.
Apr. 8, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
I wouldn't do any of these. Here's why

1) Kevin Labanc makes MORE money than Zaitsev for the last 2 years of his contract ($11,750,000 vs $9,000,000)

Where would you play Labanc? He won't be good enough to be a solution in the top-6 wings and there's many cheaper/better guys that you want in the bottom-6. Would you bench someone like Formenton or Joseph to give Labanc some minutes? I wouldn't. I would much rather bury Zaitsev in the AHL, or keep him as the 7th D-man, or even buy him out.

2) I wouldn't mind this in a vaccum as Byron is decent and a likeable guy but don't want to give White to a divisional rival. Would much rather buy him out (very cheap : $5,250,000 split over 6 years) and hope that a Western team sign him. We also don't need Byron at all, big log jam comin gup on the wings.

3) This doesn't accomplish anything for Edmonton. Murray might not even get cleared for contact again, high chance he ends up on LTIR

LOL! That's one of the most delusional takes I have seen on CF recently, and man there's a lot of competition

White is a pretty decent 3rd liner, overpaid by about 1.25 per season... 3 years left is totally manageable (not 2)

Ottawa is obviously not going to give up Greig (or a 1st) for a contract they could buy out for very cheap (maybe you didn't know that?)

I wouldn't even trade Greig for anyone in the Habs organization outside of Caufield, and Suzuki (and management/coaching) so of course not going to give him for absolutely no reason. I like Guhle too but with Chabot and Sanderson, there won't be many minutes available on LD

Same. Also, that trade is pretty useless for Edmonton. Like I said above, Murray might not even get cleared for contact again. Basically swapping LTIR contracts and Sens getting Kassian. We don't need him, we won't want him. I'd rather just keep good guy Watson instead.

Read my final post comment, I said maybe I was a bit hard on White. BTW I said 2 years difference in the contracts, meaning White's is 3 years and Byron's is only another year. That 1.25 mil over payment on his contract equals 2.5 mil over the term. Also since his contract is 2 years longer than Byron's we are taking an additional 9.5 mil in cap hit (over 2 years), freeing that off the Sens books is worth something as well.

I will admit that I did not know that White's buyout was really cheap either.

I get not wanting to give up Greig, he looks to be a very good young winger.

Like I said in a previous comment, it makes more sense if a swap was going to happen that it would be Armia for White since their contracts are equal length and both players are slightly overpaid 3rd liners. This still saves the Sens 1.35 Mil per season.
Apr. 8, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.

We can speculate, but its pretty ***ing obvious which FO is being more aggressive and targeting veterans and which one is trying to clear salary.

And why exactly would Montreal want to dump Gallagher or Anderson? Gallagher can still play and is in the midst of one of the unluckiest seasons in the last decade and Anderson is the type of player GMs go stupid over. There's been reports of serious interest for both and that Montreal isn't interest in trading either.
Apr. 8, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Labanc still has upside and he fills our greatest need which is a RH RWer. Would be silly to move him for something we have no need for. Do your homework first.

Still has upside? I mean, he'll turn 27 y/o in December. A lot of forwards decline before 30 y/o. It's usually the very good (and healthy) ones that keep it up.

My homework is done, Labanc is not a very good NHL player, really bad defensively and considerably overpaid. He makes me think about Adam Gaudette, just a lot more costly and better non the PP.

I'm not going to pay near 6 M$ per season for that lol

Quoting: Burnout
We can speculate, but its pretty ***ing obvious which FO is being more aggressive and targeting veterans and which one is trying to clear salary.

And why exactly would Montreal want to dump Gallagher or Anderson? Gallagher can still play and is in the midst of one of the unluckiest seasons in the last decade and Anderson is the type of player GMs go stupid over. There's been reports of serious interest for both and that Montreal isn't interest in trading either.

Not sure what you are saying. I don't follow the Habs full time

As for the rest : Term.

Gallagher took a lot of beating during his career. He turns 30 y/o in 1 month.

Anderson is great optically but in the end, not a lot of production for salary/term.
Apr. 8, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
Read my final post comment, I said maybe I was a bit hard on White. BTW I said 2 years difference in the contracts, meaning White's is 3 years and Byron's is only another year. That 1.25 mil over payment on his contract equals 2.5 mil over the term. Also since his contract is 2 years longer than Byron's we are taking an additional 9.5 mil in cap hit (over 2 years), freeing that off the Sens books is worth something as well.

I will admit that I did not know that White's buyout was really cheap either.

I get not wanting to give up Greig, he looks to be a very good young winger.

Like I said in a previous comment, it makes more sense if a swap was going to happen that it would be Armia for White since their contracts are equal length and both players are slightly overpaid 3rd liners. This still saves the Sens 1.35 Mil per season.

Ok I missed the 2 years x 3 years

I wouldn't do White for Armia. I would rather just buy out White.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
?????? - Stutzle - ??????
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
?????? - Kastelic - ??????

Mathieu Joseph will 100% be on that team. He could still be on that 1st line, giving Batherson on Stutzle RW. I believe Ridly Greig will be too hard to keep off the team too, he could be that LW. There's only 2 top-9 spots available. Armia and White basically have no chance if everyone is healthy

4th line spots : Mark Kastelic, Angus Crookshank, Parker Kelly, Austin Watson, Tyler Ennis, Dylan Gambrell, Adam Gaudette, Viktor Lodin... maybe a few other candidates

Like I said, either White is traded or bought out. Not sure what the trade could be, but it needs to be "creative" to fill a need.
Apr. 8, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
IamAlwaysRight
Still has upside? I mean, he'll turn 27 y/o in December. A lot of forwards decline before 30 y/o. It's usually the very good (and healthy) ones that keep it up.

My homework is done, Labanc is not a very good NHL player, really bad defensively and considerably overpaid. He makes me think about Adam Gaudette, just a lot more costly and better non the PP.

I'm not going to pay near 6 M$ per season for that lol

Not sure what you are saying. I don't follow the Habs full time

As for the rest : Term.

Gallagher took a lot of beating during his career. He turns 30 y/o in 1 month.

Anderson is great optically but in the end, not a lot of production for salary/term.

You're hopeless.
Apr. 9, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
You're hopeless.

Excuse me? tears of joy

You're really my favorite kind, absolute tools that don't know anything of anything and when they get bent over, just retort to insults

Kevin Labanc sucks, sorry to break it down for you.

Sharks are absolutely hopeless too. Thanks for Stutzle and Norris
Apr. 10, 2022 at 2:47 a.m.
IamAlwaysRight
Excuse me? tears of joy

You're really my favorite kind, absolute tools that don't know anything of anything and when they get bent over, just retort to insults

Kevin Labanc sucks, sorry to break it down for you.

Sharks are absolutely hopeless too. Thanks for Stutzle and Norris

And look who just resorted to insult. Or should I say retort? So you hate yourself? What contradictory statement you have made. You're a real champ and still... Wait for it... Hopeless.

Btw Stutzle isn't that good. And you're welcome for Norris, God knows Ottawa (who has sucked for nearly a decade) couldn't have drafted that well.

Bye!
Apr. 10, 2022 at 3:40 a.m.
Edited Apr. 10, 2022 at 4:01 a.m.
And look who just resorted to insult. Or should I say retort? So you hate yourself? What contradictory statement you have made. You're a real champ and still... Wait for it... Hopeless.

Btw Stutzle isn't that good. And you're welcome for Norris, God knows Ottawa (who has sucked for nearly a decade) couldn't have drafted that well.

Bye!

lol that is disturbingly **** but again, not really surprising. I know your kind.

After trying the insult path, you are now trying to judge me as you have no idea of who I am, what I own or what I have done in life.

I would never insult anybody unprovoked because I am simply a civilized person. But if you open the door, it's going to be my pleasure!

lol at "Stutzle isn't that good", you desperately want to look like an idiot, don't you?

And by the way, Ottawa was in the ECF game 7 double OT the year AFTER San Jose went to their only SCF

5 years is NOT "nearly a decade", it's literally HALF a decade. Just stop, you look more stupid with every word you write.

And I believe the use of "retort" was correct. I speak 4 languages and English is my 3rd though. How many do you speak? Probably just one and most likely not even that well. lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll