SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Dubois vs Suzuki debate

Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
Habs fan ?
It won’t happen! But, I wanted to hear your opinion on the players! I’m pretty sure none of these teams wants to make the deal!
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
Lenny7
Suzuki vs. PLD? Like, in a trade? Or just "who's better?"
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
Hire Dusty Imoo
whats with all this suzuki vs dubois stuff on here recently?
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Well Suzuki and PLD have around the same production and Suzuki is younger + on a worse team so I'd take Suzuki
oilersguy and Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Perfect 1a/1b on the same squad if you can have some elite offensive wingers like a Caufield/Connor. Never be truly elite but paid in the 6 to 8 million range leaves some cash to pay other players. Physical Dubois is a nice offset to a softer smart offensive Suzuki.
McSchleep and Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
Pens are the best
Idk this is tough. I'm gonna give the edge to Dubois though cause I like him more
McSchleep and Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:58 p.m.
I make typos
Suzuki imo

should add a poll to this
Apr. 25, 2022 at 1:59 p.m.
Edited Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
Dubois has 78 points in 118 games played over 2 seasons (0.66 ppg) with Winnipeg, regularly skating with better talent than Suzuki's been afforded over that span (0.73 ppg during same span). His career high is 61 points and Suzuki's currently sitting at 59 on a mediocre team.

They're both talented young players and assets to their respective teams, but let's just leave things as is. Styles are different, but production is similar. The biggest thing in my opinion is that one is French Canadian...

Quoting: McSchleep
whats with all this suzuki vs dubois stuff on here recently?

Friedman mentioned during his Saturday night 32 Thoughts segment that Jets *could potentially* trade Dubois if they don't feel like they can sign him long-term this offseason. It was all hypothetical with no real facts, but it's all it took to stir Habs fans.

Also, what else are you expected to do with a player you don't sign?
Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: Lenny7
Suzuki vs. PLD? Like, in a trade? Or just "who's better?"

Who’s better
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: uncle_toto
Dubois has 78 points in 118 games played over 2 seasons (0.66 ppg) with Winnipeg, regularly skating with better talent than Suzuki's been afforded over that span (0.73 ppg during same span). His career high is 61 points and Suzuki's currently sitting at 59 on a mediocre team.

They're both talented young players and assets to their respective teams, but let's just leave things as is. Styles are different, but production is similar. The biggest thing in my opinion is that one is French Canadian...

Friedman mentioned on his Saturday night 32 Thoughts segment that Jets *could potentially* trade Dubois if they don't feel like they can sign him long-term this offseason. It was all hypothetical with no real facts, but it's all it took to stir Habs fans.

Also, what else are you expected to do with a player you don't sign?

Jets in a interesting place, but it won’t be term or money that gets in the way of Dubois staying in Winnipeg. I’m sure they have 5 years to 8 years, times x all ready sitting there waiting for a signature. I kind of question the scheifele/wheeler effect on him wanting to stay over anything else. His dad all ready working in city and whole family connected to city doesn’t hurt. But probably wants to be a fast track to captain and nucleus piece to a successful team along with term and money is probably his checklist in my opinion.
uncle_toto and Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Minimont
Who’s better

Gotcha. Yeah, you could probably go either way, tbh. PLD likely benefits from having a better team around him, but Suzuki can probably get away with more mistakes in his current situation. I'd probably take PLD, but it'd be close.
Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Jets in a interesting place, but it won’t be term or money that gets in the way of Dubois staying in Winnipeg. I’m sure they have 5 years to 8 years, times x all ready sitting there waiting for a signature. I kind of question the scheifele/wheeler effect on him wanting to stay over anything else. His dad all ready working in city and whole family connected to city doesn’t hurt. But probably wants to be a fast track to captain and nucleus piece to a successful team along with term and money is probably his checklist in my opinion.

I'm curious about the Scheifele/Wheeler effect also. I keep coming across rumours and random pieces about their impact on the Laine trade and how they run the locker room. Can't put much stock in pieces like that, but it's still curious. That aside, if I'm Winnipeg, my priority is keeping Dubois. The Jets were disappointing this season, but there's clearly some high-end talent on that roster and it's far from a desperate situation.
Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I'm curious about the Scheifele/Wheeler effect also. I keep coming across rumours and random pieces about their impact on the Laine trade and how they run the locker room. Can't put much stock in pieces like that, but it's still curious. That aside, if I'm Winnipeg, my priority is keeping Dubois. The Jets were disappointing this season, but there's clearly some high-end talent on that roster and it's far from a desperate situation.

Ya I’m not exactly sure on the effect either, scheifele I think feels slighted over his bargain contract, and feels like he’s owed something, and wheeler has been given everything under the sun, and I would bet has run a few players out of town. Still hate him getting money and term over a laine gamble. But loss of buffy and little may have changed the locker room more than anticipated and the effects have been toxic. Now rumours of Lowry messing with scheifeles date and all sorts of fun team stuff. So could be a rather crazy off-season especially for Winnipeg. Tough thing in Winnipeg also is no-bodies ufa destination of choice starts with Winnipeg so needs to come from drafting or trades, not sure Chevy up for the trade part, the drafting seems to be above average though so hopefully not a lengthy rebuild or retool.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Ya I’m not exactly sure on the effect either, scheifele I think feels slighted over his bargain contract, and feels like he’s owed something, and wheeler has been given everything under the sun, and I would bet has run a few players out of town. Still hate him getting money and term over a laine gamble. But loss of buffy and little may have changed the locker room more than anticipated and the effects have been toxic. Now rumours of Lowry messing with scheifeles date and all sorts of fun team stuff. So could be a rather crazy off-season especially for Winnipeg. Tough thing in Winnipeg also is no-bodies ufa destination of choice starts with Winnipeg so needs to come from drafting or trades, not sure Chevy up for the trade part, the drafting seems to be above average though so hopefully not a lengthy rebuild or retool.

I feel you, bud. Montreal's also a tough sell, with the sharks in the media, taxes, and the team being this bad at the moment. As a fan, I always had a soft spot for the Jets. Guys like Hawerchuk and Selanne were impossible not to love and those white towels waiving during the playoffs was electric! Hopefully, both our teams right things sooner than later.

Better days ahead!
Birtle34 and Minimont liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I feel you, bud. Montreal's also a tough sell, with the sharks in the media, taxes, and the team being this bad at the moment. As a fan, I always had a soft spot for the Jets. Guys like Hawerchuk and Selanne were impossible not to love and those white towels waiving during the playoffs was electric! Hopefully, both our teams right things sooner than later.

Better days ahead!

Ya damn would it be nice to even be in the conversation for conference finals runs or break through for a cup run or parade. I would trade any amount of years in the cellar for one parade.
uncle_toto and Minimont liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll