4$2,750,000
Trades
WPG
PHI
  1. Scheifele, Mark
  2. Schmidt, Nate
  3. Wheeler, Blake
Additional Details:
Philly fans will lose there minds. My thinking on these is.

Wheeler for Van Riemsdyk ( change of scenery for both, money is close)
Schmidt for Ellis ( Ellis was hurt last year, but should have a bounce back season. His age is a concern, but he would still be an upgrade on the right side for now)
Scheifele for Konecky, a 1st and MacEwen. (we could change MacEwen for any roster player or a prospect)
WPG
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (LAK)
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (PIT)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,078,691$0$2,050,000$421,309
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 5
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I think I would shy away from the gudbranson signature after taking on term of Ellis, or possibly move on from Dillon and rotate in stanley, and or the little Finnish kid in dillons spot. After missing the playoffs, not sure if it’s a good spot not to develop some of the kids for the future, kind of a mixed view of future, and present. That’s a lot of dough for Dubois, I kind of wonder if it’s better served a little less for a little less term, 5x7.25 or something. I wonder also if scheifele would entertain a 5x9 extension talk, could be decent or really bad going forward.
Cory liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
Flyers can't trade their 2023 1st without protection
Not a completely unreasonable offer, but probably just too much going on in one trade
Cory and Kaiser1776 liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
I think I would shy away from the gudbranson signature after taking on term of Ellis, or possibly move on from Dillon and rotate in stanley, and or the little Finnish kid in dillons spot. After missing the playoffs, not sure if it’s a good spot not to develop some of the kids for the future, kind of a mixed view of future, and present. That’s a lot of dough for Dubois, I kind of wonder if it’s better served a little less for a little less term, 5x7.25 or something. I wonder also if scheifele would entertain a 5x9 extension talk, could be decent or really bad going forward.

Great feedback, I think Dillion needs to stay. He is on a great contract lead our D in most stats this year. I have seen a lot of Heinola this year with the Moose. I honestly don't see anything special in the kid. I wouldn't be sad if they moved on from him. Having said that, time and experience could change that. I would agree on the Dubois contract. I think Winnipeg may have to pay a premium to keep him. Gudbransson is a big mean tough dman who had a resurgence this year. I think a guy like that would fit in well on this team. Ellis is a wild card, and maybe not the trade chip needed in that trade. I like his game, but his injury scares me more than his contract. I would think he may actually work out well for this team so that they look to move on from Pionk and bring up Kovachevic.
Birtle34 liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: Xertalz
Flyers can't trade their 2023 1st without protection
Not a completely unreasonable offer, but probably just too much going on in one trade

Great feedback, the pick should've been protected, i forgot that.
Xertalz liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: Cory
Great feedback, the pick should've been protected, i forgot that.

With protection it's really close. I personally wouldn't do it because I think Schiefele is massively overrated, but the Flyers might accept
tsyls liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
I would think it very unlikely that the Jets trade a great contract and a bad one and take back two really bad contracts in return on that Philly trade.
May 4, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
I would think it very unlikely that the Jets trade a great contract and a bad one and take back two really bad contracts in return on that Philly trade.

Thanks for the feedback. You really think Ellis is on a bad contract? Some D last year received some ridiculous contracts (9+ Mil) I feel like in 3-4 years the cap will be up 4-5 mil and it won't look so bad. I also feel like in 3-4 years you could buy him out or trade him if he wears down. The Van Riemsdyk isn't a bad contract at all when you look at the big picture. He only has 1 year left and then you are free from it were Wheeler has a couple more years on a higher value. I guess you are talking about Konecky's contract? I don't mind that one either.
betahuman liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
Nope not happening
May 4, 2022 at 4:38 p.m.
Edited May 4, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
Thanks for the feedback. You really think Ellis is on a bad contract? Some D last year received some ridiculous contracts (9+ Mil) I feel like in 3-4 years the cap will be up 4-5 mil and it won't look so bad. I also feel like in 3-4 years you could buy him out or trade him if he wears down. The Van Riemsdyk isn't a bad contract at all when you look at the big picture. He only has 1 year left and then you are free from it were Wheeler has a couple more years on a higher value. I guess you are talking about Konecky's contract? I don't mind that one either.

Yeah, Ellis is a bad contract due to its length. You can see from this year he is really starting to break down and having him on the books until he's 36 just isn't worth it.

For JVR, as bad as everyone thinks Wheeler is, JVR is far, far worse. I'd much rather have Wheeler for 2 more years than JVR for one. At least Wheeler provides some value for his contract. But Wheeler isn't waiving for Philly anyways.

Konecy, I have no problem with. He'd be a good pickup, not at the cost of Scheifele, but a good pickup if the cost is reasonable.

Anyways that's how I see it.
Cory liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Yeah, Ellis is a bad contract due to its length. You can see from this year he is really starting to break down and having him on the books until he's 36 just isn't worth it.

For JVR, as bad as everyone thinks Wheeler is, JVR is far, far worse. I'd much rather have Wheeler for 2 more years than JVR for one. At least Wheeler provides some value for his contract. But Wheeler isn't waiving for Philly anyways.

Konecy, I have no problem with. He'd be a good pickup, not at the cost of Scheifele, but a good pickup of the cost is reasonable.

Anyways that's how I see it.

Appreciate it. I would much rather keep Scheifele and Wheeler. I like both of them and do not believe Statsny comments had anything to do with either of them. It would be weird for Statsny to be sitting next to one of his best friends ( Wheeler ) and his best friends good friend (Scheifele) and talking smack about them. So I don't believe that is who he was referring to. I also didn't actually mind what Scheif had to say. To me he was basically saying. The Players and the Fans demand change. We want to win and not waste our talent missing playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the skilled players are thinking the same thing.

Actually, to be honest, I don't even care. I only do these trades so Batvader can come on and make some asinine comment that usually doesn't make sense.
Windjammer liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
Appreciate it. I would much rather keep Scheifele and Wheeler. I like both of them and do not believe Statsny comments had anything to do with either of them. It would be weird for Statsny to be sitting next to one of his best friends ( Wheeler ) and his best friends good friend (Scheifele) and talking smack about them. So I don't believe that is who he was referring to. I also didn't actually mind what Scheif had to say. To me he was basically saying. The Players and the Fans demand change. We want to win and not waste our talent missing playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the skilled players are thinking the same thing.

Actually, to be honest, I don't even care. I only do these trades so Batvader can come on and make some asinine comment that usually doesn't make sense.

I hear ya'. It's a frustrating time to be a Jets fan. I'd like to keep them as well, but if someone needs to move for the betterment of the team, then so be it. It's not like the Jets can get much worse than they already are. Barring of course, some Chiarelli level moves. Sticking Out Tongue
May 4, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
I hear ya'. It's a frustrating time to be a Jets fan. I'd like to keep them as well, but if someone needs to move for the betterment of the team, then so be it. It's not like the Jets can get much worse than they already are. Barring of course, some Chiarelli level moves. Sticking Out Tongue

The one thing I will give Chevy is he makes good moves for the team. Even grabbing Schmidt and Dillion this year were solid moves. Unfortunately Schmidt will probably be the guy to get moved, but Pionk was horrible this year and probably should be the one to go.
May 4, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
The one thing I will give Chevy is he makes good moves for the team. Even grabbing Schmidt and Dillion this year were solid moves. Unfortunately Schmidt will probably be the guy to get moved, but Pionk was horrible this year and probably should be the one to go.

I liked the pickups as well. I wouldn't move Pionk. He looks like he had a tough time after his concussion. I'd like to see him again with better coaching.
Cory and betahuman liked this.
May 5, 2022 at 4:42 a.m.

You're right, Ellis contract is good
May 5, 2022 at 4:44 a.m.
Great feedback, I think Dillion needs to stay. He is on a great contract lead our D in most stats this year. I have seen a lot of Heinola this year with the Moose. I honestly don't see anything special in the kid. I wouldn't be sad if they moved on from him. Having said that, time and experience could change that. I would agree on the Dubois contract. I think Winnipeg may have to pay a premium to keep him. Gudbransson is a big mean tough dman who had a resurgence this year. I think a guy like that would fit in well on this team. Ellis is a wild card, and maybe not the trade chip needed in that trade. I like his game, but his injury scares me more than his contract. I would think he may actually work out well for this team so that they look to move on from Pionk and bring up Kovachevic.

Dude are you even serious? Dillon was the worst dman this year (except Stanley of course), what stats are you talking about? Heinola is a great prospect, he was literally the best AHL dman this season, just look at the analytics.
May 5, 2022 at 4:46 a.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
the little Finnish kid

"The little Finnish kid" is literally one cm shorter than Morrissey and Pionk
May 5, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: betahuman
"The little Finnish kid" is literally one cm shorter than Morrissey and Pionk

Plays a touch lighter, I don’t have anything against him, just his name wasn’t coming to me.
May 5, 2022 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: betahuman
Dude are you even serious? Dillon was the worst dman this year (except Stanley of course), what stats are you talking about? Heinola is a great prospect, he was literally the best AHL dman this season, just look at the analytics.

Dillion lead the team in block shots, hits and +/-. +/- is a huge stat for a dman. He literally won a team award this year for being the best defenceman. Did you watch the game against Seattle?
May 6, 2022 at 1:56 a.m.
Dillion lead the team in block shots, hits and +/-. +/- is a huge stat for a dman. He literally won a team award this year for being the best defenceman. Did you watch the game against Seattle?

If block shots, hits and +/- is your analytical standpoint then I understand that we can't never agree. Let's just leave it then
Cory liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll