LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2

Special Teams

Power Play 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 15, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
Yeah that's not even remotely close. He should get a better return than Eichel
Jun. 15, 2022 at 8:55 a.m.
Hawks decline and it's not close. Would need a package around Jack Quinn and the BUF 1st
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

He wont because of position and the fact that he has a 9 mil QO that walks him straight to UFA. Not saying he isnt vaulable but you were trading for 5 years of eichel, and here its possible you get 1 year of cat
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.

He won't. He is UFA in 2 years, 6,4 mil now, and then QO at 9. His trade have to go with extensions, and that's why he will choose his next team, most likely the ones with all picks and top prostects won't be on the list. and market will be smaller.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
Hawks decline and it's not close. Would need a package around Jack Quinn and the BUF 1st

16th pick, a stud d prospect, a stud g prospect, a young center/wing, and a 2nd. That’s more than fair. Buf wouldn’t trade Quinn who can be just as good as Debrincat
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: Sabresguy1987
He wont because of position and the fact that he has a 9 mil QO that walks him straight to UFA. Not saying he isnt vaulable but you were trading for 5 years of eichel, and here its possible you get 1 year of cat

Ah yes the classic "he is a UFA soon because he is soon to be an RFA" argument. Tell me, how often does that happen?

Also he 100% should get more than Eichel because he is arguably equally as effective a player, cheaper, younger, and oh not injured. Funny how people seem to forget that Eichel was sold at like 1/3rd his value as a hockey player due to the injury
Wadejos123 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
Quoting: Mwasylko34
16th pick, a stud d prospect, a stud g prospect, a young center/wing, and a 2nd. That’s more than fair. Buf wouldn’t trade Quinn who can be just as good as Debrincat

We're using the word "Stud" waaayyy too loosely here
Jun. 15, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
Ah yes the classic "he is a UFA soon because he is soon to be an RFA" argument. Tell me, how often does that happen?

Also he 100% should get more than Eichel because he is arguably equally as effective a player, cheaper, younger, and oh not injured. Funny how people seem to forget that Eichel was sold at like 1/3rd his value as a hockey player due to the injury

Everyone on this site likes to use the contract argument for any player not locked up 3+ years and the "player x will have a small market argument" for any player hockey twitter is talking about trading after what happened with Giroux. Every fanbase on this site wants cat but only for their mid/late 1st and B propsect. Hawks fans had to fight off the trolls on this site for like 2 months till Hagel was traded for the haul we got, and will likley now have to do the same with Debrincat.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:05 a.m.
Sabresguy1897

It is about to happen quite a bit because players have just started using the tactic deferring their money till the last year so the QO is high, you will see it this summer with tkachuk, boeser, and debricat likely. Unless they are paid higher than their QO for term why wouldnt they go UFA? They have all the cards. And idk was he really sold at 1/3 his value or do teams just not grossly overpay anymore? buch got a second, reino got a late first and a prospect, Panarin traded for saad plus lol. No one is willing to give up all their next 3 years of picks, best 3 prospects and roster players. That just creates a situation where you can no longer compete due to the cap
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
Everyone on this site likes to use the contract argument for any player not locked up 3+ years and the "player x will have a small market argument" for any player hockey twitter is talking about trading after what happened with Giroux. Every fanbase on this site wants cat but only for their mid/late 1st and B propsect. Hawks fans had to fight off the trolls on this site for like 2 months till Hagel was traded for the haul we got, and will likley now have to do the same with Debrincat.

This is different as the lowest he can be offered is 9 mil, and it quite literally walks him to ufa in one year. Any team that is rebuilding has no incentive to get him as he likely wont sign long term cause he will want to win and any contender likely cant afford to just add 9 mil to their current cap, creates a limited market.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:13 a.m.

For me it's really simple, I look at a Cat offer and ask myself "would I ever consider trading Tkachuk for that?" If the answer makes me chuckle I know the offer is crap
Wadejos123 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
This is different as the lowest he can be offered is 9 mil, and it quite literally walks him to ufa in one year. Any team that is rebuilding has no incentive to get him as he likely wont sign long term cause he will want to win and any contender likely cant afford to just add 9 mil to their current cap, creates a limited market.

Love how all the capfriendly AGMs just assume he won't sign with their time so they lower his value in half
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
Love how all the capfriendly AGMs just assume he won't sign with their time so they lower his value in half

No I dont believe he will sign with teams like buffalo, Ottawa, AZ, montreal unless they grossly overpay him at 11 mill AAV and at that point for those teams its not worth the price that they give up especially when you have to pay all your other players in the near future such as dahlin, power, thompson, cozens, krebs etc
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
No I dont believe he will sign with teams like buffalo, Ottawa, AZ, montreal unless they grossly overpay him at 11 mill AAV and at that point for those teams its not worth the price that they give up especially when you have to pay all your other players in the near future such as dahlin, power, thompson, cozens, krebs etc

BUF and Ottowa should be turning the corner now. AZ and MTL I agree but no one here is suggesting he be traded there
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
BUF and Ottowa should be turning the corner now. AZ and MTL I agree but no one here is suggesting he be traded there

Yes but theres slim chance they have successful seasons next year. The two things most important to players are money and winning. A winning team can underpay and a losing team will overpay. And those last two were just examples of teams with the assets to acquire debrinkat. Like you wouldnt value a colorado first round pick much more than an AZ second rounder
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
It is about to happen quite a bit because players have just started using the tactic deferring their money till the last year so the QO is high, you will see it this summer with tkachuk, boeser, and debricat likely. Unless they are paid higher than their QO for term why wouldnt they go UFA? They have all the cards. And idk was he really sold at 1/3 his value or do teams just not grossly overpay anymore? buch got a second, reino got a late first and a prospect, Panarin traded for saad plus lol. No one is willing to give up all their next 3 years of picks, best 3 prospects and roster players. That just creates a situation where you can no longer compete due to the cap

First of all, DeBrincat's contract doesn't end this summer, not sure why you think it does.
Secondly the CBA was changed so outside of a couple deals this year, and like only DeBrincat and Barzal next year the "3rd year QO abusing" is really (and for lack of a better term) nerfed.
Thirdly nothing stops a player from signing less than their QO as we say a few months ago with both DeBrusk and Kotkaniemi. There is also a thing called Team Arbitration
Also those are some pretty crap examples considering all of them were very circumstantial; Rangers were in a cap bind and had to trade Buch due to his arbitration filing, Reinhart refused to sign long term with Buffalo, Chicago core players expressed a lot of want to bring Saad back to the team (particularly the captain).
Lastly why would you ever make a trade for a core player under the impression that you can't sign them to a long term deal? That is a fundamentally flawed argument

I'll let you test it right now if you think Eichel was sold at fully value or not. Go make a thread trading a similar package to Toronto for Matthews or even Kaprizov who only has 4 years left on his deal. See what type of responses you get
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Sabresguy1897
First of all, DeBrincat's contract doesn't end this summer, not sure why you think it does.
Secondly the CBA was changed so outside of a couple deals this year, and like only DeBrincat and Barzal next year the "3rd year QO abusing" is really (and for lack of a better term) nerfed.
Thirdly nothing stops a player from signing less than their QO as we say a few months ago with both DeBrusk and Kotkaniemi. There is also a thing called Team Arbitration
Also those are some pretty crap examples considering all of them were very circumstantial; Rangers were in a cap bind and had to trade Buch due to his arbitration filing, Reinhart refused to sign long term with Buffalo, Chicago core players expressed a lot of want to bring Saad back to the team (particularly the captain).
Lastly why would you ever make a trade for a core player under the impression that you can't sign them to a long term deal? That is a fundamentally flawed argument

I'll let you test it right now if you think Eichel was sold at fully value or not. Go make a thread trading a similar package to Toronto for Matthews or even Kaprizov who only has 4 years left on his deal. See what type of responses you get

People trade for players every year at the trade deadline that they may not get back. Yeah KK and debrusk who largely underplayed their contracts hedged their contracts by signing long term. KK is still vastly overpaid by signing under his QO but he was never going to get more than his QO in UFA as opposed to debrincat who has the potential to get 50 goals so why wouldnt he want more than his QO? and also mathews or kaprizov didnt want a surgery that has never been done before. SO you cant look at circumstances for deals i mentioned and then ignore them in yours.

I love debrincat, think hes great, just think the market shrinks because of the situation he is in. It is okay to disagree. Just dont see a team giving up 9 years of control of say slafkovsky plus a top prospect plus a roster player. Hope I am wrong
Jun. 15, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
People trade for players every year at the trade deadline that they may not get back. Yeah KK and debrusk who largely underplayed their contracts hedged their contracts by signing long term. KK is still vastly overpaid by signing under his QO but he was never going to get more than his QO in UFA as opposed to debrincat who has the potential to get 50 goals so why wouldnt he want more than his QO? and also mathews or kaprizov didnt want a surgery that has never been done before. SO you cant look at circumstances for deals i mentioned and then ignore them in yours.

I love debrincat, think hes great, just think the market shrinks because of the situation he is in. It is okay to disagree. Just dont see a team giving up 9 years of control of say slafkovsky plus a top prospect plus a roster player. Hope I am wrong

People dont trade for CORE players at the deadline they dont expect to sign ling term.
Saying he could be a 50 goal scorer should 100% justify his 9M QO and make it a non-factor. How many 50 goal scorers are worth less than 9M to you?
Im not ignoring the circumstances of Eichel at all. Im emphasizing their relevance to his trade value dropping. You are the one who tried to argue his situation of being injured didn't lower it.

DeBrincat doesnt have any such value lowering circumstances. He is at a good age to rebuild around (ie Zibaneijad). He is adored by the fanbase and the organization. He seems to want to be there. He is currently healthy. Im genuinely curious what "situation" he is in, because I cant figure it out
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
Sabresguy1897
People dont trade for CORE players at the deadline they dont expect to sign ling term.
Saying he could be a 50 goal scorer should 100% justify his 9M QO and make it a non-factor. How many 50 goal scorers are worth less than 9M to you?
Im not ignoring the circumstances of Eichel at all. Im emphasizing their relevance to his trade value dropping. You are the one who tried to argue his situation of being injured didn't lower it.

DeBrincat doesnt have any such value lowering circumstances. He is at a good age to rebuild around (ie Zibaneijad). He is adored by the fanbase and the organization. He seems to want to be there. He is currently healthy. Im genuinely curious what "situation" he is in, because I cant figure it out

I said he could be a 50 goal scored. Plus if he gets more than his QO i am interested on how many teams with players making 10 mil have won a cup? Zero. Because hockey isnt a one man sport its a team sport and if you sign him to that you automatically lose your depth.

He has also played his entire career with kane who may in fact inflate his stats.

If both the acquisition price and the cost of his contract are that high, I look towards center or D who impact the game at a much deeper level.

The situation he is in is that he is actively being shopped so obviously he isnt adored by the organization as much as you say or why shop him? The hawks are going to be bad for a very long time because of their success, dont think he will want to stick around not to mention how the org as a whole has been run through the mud in this past year, not sure if he wants to be associated with that any longer.
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:22 p.m.
Sabresguy1897

Also do you remember what was paid for zib hahahahaah
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
I said he could be a 50 goal scored. Plus if he gets more than his QO i am interested on how many teams with players making 10 mil have won a cup? Zero. Because hockey isnt a one man sport its a team sport and if you sign him to that you automatically lose your depth.

He has also played his entire career with kane who may in fact inflate his stats.

If both the acquisition price and the cost of his contract are that high, I look towards center or D who impact the game at a much deeper level.

The situation he is in is that he is actively being shopped so obviously he isnt adored by the organization as much as you say or why shop him? The hawks are going to be bad for a very long time because of their success, dont think he will want to stick around not to mention how the org as a whole has been run through the mud in this past year, not sure if he wants to be associated with that any longer.

A lot of poor assesments here:

1. Who said anything about 10M? Point literally just signed for 9.5M last summer when his QO was also 9M for this upcoming summer.

2. Saying Kane boosted his stats is the same as saying Marchand boosts Pastrnak's stats. Maybe in his first 2 years but if you watch them play DeBrincat is the one driving most of the plays now, not Kane.

3. True to some extent, if anything though a goalie has the highest impact on the game if we really want to split hairs on this.

4. He's not actively being shopped at all. He simply doesn't have a full NMC like Kane, Toews, and Jones. The hawks could very possibly be bad for only a couple years.
It also looks like Boston may rebuild, should they trade McAvoy since he is the same age as DeBrincat?

Also do you remember what was paid for zib hahahahaah

How is that relevant? The mention of Zibaneijad was because he was 24 when the Rangers decided to rebuild, same age as DeBrincat
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:46 p.m.
Sabresguy1897
A lot of poor assesments here:

1. Who said anything about 10M? Point literally just signed for 9.5M last summer when his QO was also 9M for this upcoming summer.

2. Saying Kane boosted his stats is the same as saying Marchand boosts Pastrnak's stats. Maybe in his first 2 years but if you watch them play DeBrincat is the one driving most of the plays now, not Kane.

3. True to some extent, if anything though a goalie has the highest impact on the game if we really want to split hairs on this.

4. He's not actively being shopped at all. He simply doesn't have a full NMC like Kane, Toews, and Jones. The hawks could very possibly be bad for only a couple years.
It also looks like Boston may rebuild, should they trade McAvoy since he is the same age as DeBrincat?

How is that relevant? The mention of Zibaneijad was because he was 24 when the Rangers decided to rebuild, same age as DeBrincat

Yes point signed 9.5. That was to stay on a team that has won cups. Debrincat wouldnt sign that in buff if he can get that in tampa? Also state taxes have that as being valued far greater than 9.5 million.

While I agree to a sense sure he drives more play. But playing with kane nets more goals than playing with dach.

I brought it up because you directly used zib as an example.

Goalies yes while being important are much more voalitile in terms of production unless it is the top 3 in the league. My philosphy would not ensure a goalie is not the highest paid player on the team.

I hope you are going to get a haul for cat, I am just curious as to how you would value him? Because you may get the 2nd overall from NJ but they arent adding much more after that. anyone else in the top 10 isnt really a fit for him and his contract, anyone in the bottom 10 likely cant fit in his number. Maybe a team like LA who has lots of prospects but they arent giving up byfield
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:51 p.m.
Yes point signed 9.5. That was to stay on a team that has won cups. Debrincat wouldnt sign that in buff if he can get that in tampa? Also state taxes have that as being valued far greater than 9.5 million.

While I agree to a sense sure he drives more play. But playing with kane nets more goals than playing with dach.

I brought it up because you directly used zib as an example.

Goalies yes while being important are much more voalitile in terms of production unless it is the top 3 in the league. My philosphy would not ensure a goalie is not the highest paid player on the team.

I hope you are going to get a haul for cat, I am just curious as to how you would value him? Because you may get the 2nd overall from NJ but they arent adding much more after that. anyone else in the top 10 isnt really a fit for him and his contract, anyone in the bottom 10 likely cant fit in his number. Maybe a team like LA who has lots of prospects but they arent giving up byfield

Im not a Hawks fan lol, what haul can I get?
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.
Sabresguy1897
Im not a Hawks fan lol, what haul can I get?

Mid 1st round pick, A prospect, roster player

Leafs - 1st, knies, liligren/sandin
Jun. 15, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
Mid 1st round pick, A prospect, roster player

Leafs - 1st, knies, liligren/sandin

Im a Flames fan, I view DeBrincat as someone of similar but slightly less value than Tkachuk. I would not trade Tkachuk for less than #2 + Holtz in value. Does that answer your question?
Cincod1 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll