SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Entry Draft Discussion thread

May 13, 2017 at 12:42 p.m.
I think that we should do it this way in this order.

1.) Each team makes their selection during their designated time, first tracking it on the Google Doc that would be created in this hypothetical situation.
2.) After making their selection, each team should then post their selection to the Official Entry Draft Selection Thread using the following format:

Vegas Golden Knights : Round 1, Pick 6. Selection : Nolan Patrick

3.) Also, if you make a pick that you previously acquired, please use the following format.

Vegas Golden Knights : Round 1, Pick 1 (via New York Islanders). Selection : Nolan Patrick

what does everyone else think?
ricochetii liked this.
May 13, 2017 at 1:43 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: phillyjabroni

1.) Each team makes their selection during their designated time, first tracking it on the Google Doc that would be created in this hypothetical situation.
2.) After making their selection, each team should then post their selection to the Official Entry Draft Selection Thread using the following format:

3.) Also, if you make a pick that you previously acquired, please use the following format.

Vegas Golden Knights : Round 1, Pick 1 (via New York Islanders). Selection : Nolan Patrick

Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: l9guysports

you can also track who types what on a google doc so we could know very easily who cheated

Wouldn't it be better to have everyone submit their selection on an official draft pick thread, with one person (a BOG member) adding the pick to a google doc just so everyone can see who has been picked

Thread similar to what Philly said first, and then one of the BOG would add it to the google doc.
Easier that way and prevents people from accidentally making a mess.
Otherwise I'd have to permission lock each individual cell.
May 13, 2017 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii

Wouldn't it be better to have everyone submit their selection on an official draft pick thread, with one person (a BOG member) adding the pick to a google doc just so everyone can see who has been picked

Thread similar to what Philly said first, and then one of the BOG would add it to the google doc.
Easier that way and prevents people from accidentally making a mess.
Otherwise I'd have to permission lock each individual cell.

I agree with this. All left now is a date for when the draft begins I guess?
May 13, 2017 at 2:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I, myself, think we should change the times a bit because some Pacific people might only have until 8:30 AM
May 13, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I, myself, think we should change the times a bit because some Pacific people might only have until 8:30 AM

I think Pacific people will have all night to decide on their pick which is more than fair. I'm a Pacific person too and when i think about it, there's no real issue. There's plenty of time to make a pick. I know that you, Rangers, are sometimes on at like 11 pm PST. You can make your selection then.
May 13, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Look at the schedule. Pacific people picking early have a 10 hour or so window, as the person with the earliest pick, has the night after the last pick on the previous day as well.
If I'm picking Monday morning, I can pick Sunday night after everyone is done picking for that day, all the way up until early the next morning.
May 13, 2017 at 2:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I think Pacific people will have all night to decide on their pick which is more than fair. I'm a Pacific person too and when i think about it, there's no real issue. There's plenty of time to make a pick. I know that you, Rangers, are sometimes on at like 11 pm PST. You can make your selection then.

If the owner of the 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 20th, 24th, or 28th picks are i the pacific time zone they only have until 8:30 AM, don't they? it says so on the thing.

Okay, you're right ricochetii, but then why does it say 6:00 PT/9:00 ET?
May 13, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Added tentative schedule for rounds 4-7. Since the selection window is much shorter for the later rounds, I bumped the time into a more central 12 hour window.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VASKmFtGKo5QS5-dcsr3UmKz1ext1TtBeQcSr1_6ghA/edit?usp=sharing
May 13, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
Go Habs Go

If the owner of the 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 20th, 24th, or 28th picks are i the pacific time zone they only have until 8:30 AM, don't they? it says so on the thing.

Look at Round 1 again and tell me if you understand it now. If I'm picking 6th, I can pick anywhere after #5 and before #7's scheduled time.
May 13, 2017 at 3:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Look at Round 1 again and tell me if you understand it now. If I'm picking 6th, I can pick anywhere after #5 and before #7's scheduled time.

oh, okay, i think i get it. thanks!
May 13, 2017 at 5:18 p.m.
do we have a date in place yet?
May 13, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

i think there's been talk about it being in a week, but i'm not sure ... but nothing is decided yet (or at least that i know of).
May 13, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I've got the schedule fit into 3 weeks if people like it enough to go with it.
So I'm thinking May 26th start, but latest we could go would be June 2nd.

I'll get the BOG's opinion today and see how we want to proceed. From the feedback we have so far, it's going to be impossible to make everything perfect for everyone, so the GM's that might have difficulty with the schedule might have to put in a little extra effort in order to make their selections. I think I've managed to account for the majority.
May 13, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.

I'll get the BOG's opinion today and see how we want to proceed. From the feedback we have so far, it's going to be impossible to make everything perfect for everyone, so the GM's that might have difficulty with the schedule might have to put in a little extra effort in order to make their selections. I think I've managed to account for the majority.

why not just the 19th?
May 13, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.

why not just the 19th?

Thats too early to properly scout players, if need be.

My suggestion is that we do it the latest if possible. I will be having exams in high school during he week of May 29th until that Wednesday and am assuming others will too, should they be in high school.

I think that I we started that Friday around noon, it would be golden. What does everyone else like or dislike about that?
May 13, 2017 at 9:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go

why not just the 19th?

My suggestion is that we do it the latest if possible. I will be having exams in high school during he week of May 29th until that Wednesday and am assuming others will too, should they be in high school.

I think that I we started that Friday around noon, it would be golden. What does everyone else like or dislike about that?

The 19th doesn't give everyone enough prep time. I'd like to give at least a week's notice.

Phil, if the 1st round starts the 26th, we'll be taking pre-constructed lists from people for the first round. If you aren't able to make it, and don't have an AGM to make the pick for you, the BOG will make your selection based on the names you leave with us. If your window is during exam time, you should still able to cover your pick that way.
May 13, 2017 at 9:17 p.m.

The 19th doesn't give everyone enough prep time. I'd like to give at least a week's notice.

Phil, if the 1st round starts the 26th, we'll be taking pre-constructed lists from people for the first round. If you aren't able to make it, and don't have an AGM to make the pick for you, the BOG will make your selection based on the names you leave with us. If your window is during exam time, you should still able to cover your pick that way.

How will we be able to determine the last 4 positions for the draft?
May 13, 2017 at 9:53 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: boltscharge17

How will we be able to determine the last 4 positions for the draft?

Once we have a date set, we'll have an idea of whether the playoffs are even still going on. There's also a week between the start and end of the 1st round. Almost 3 weeks if we start the 26th, before the 30th and 31st picks are made, so we should be good.
May 13, 2017 at 10:01 p.m.
Even if the draft order isn't set, I say just go with regular season point totals to determine the order of the last 4

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll