Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    G
    UFA - 5
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
    CHI declines.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
    Oilers dont need anymore young NHL ready D

We have
    Broberg
    Samorukov
    Niemeläinen
    All ready for a roster spot.

Further more they want Kulak to join Nurse and Keith
    There just isn't room.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
    Owly
    Quoting: Copenhagen
    Oilers dont need anymore young NHL ready D

We have
    Broberg
    Samorukov
    Niemeläinen
    All ready for a roster spot.

Further more they want Kulak to join Nurse and Keith
    There just isn't room.

And yet your defense isn't good. Weird how all those ready for the lineup stars can't force their way past the likes of Kieth and Kulak.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 12:34 p.m.
    Owly
    Sandin has so much more potential than the guy billed as "the stick where plays go to die"
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
    Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
    Sandin has so much more potential than the guy billed as "the stick where plays go to die"

Who are you even talking about?
    Broberg has lots of potential and is trending just like Klembomb.
    Niemeläinen is a shut down D and stops the cycle. He crushes everything that moves.
    Samorukov Jury isn't out on him yet.

If Sandin is so good, you should definitely keep him. "So much potential" Why would anyone get rid of that?
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:23 p.m.
    Owly
    Who are you even talking about?
    Broberg has lots of potential and is trending just like Klembomb.
    Niemeläinen is a shut down D and stops the cycle. He crushes everything that moves.
    Samorukov Jury isn't out on him yet.

If Sandin is so good, you should definitely keep him. "So much potential" Why would anyone get rid of that?

Pulli
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
    Pulli

So you want a player on the team that "the stick where the plays go to die"???

Here are some more of his underlying numbers, and how they rank among the aforementioned 171 players:

CF/60 – 1st
    CA/60 – 29th
    SCF/60 – 23rd
    SCA/60 – 128th
    GF/60 – 55th
    GA/60 – 9th
    xGF/60 – 5th
    xGA/60 – 69th

Is this where the play diestears of joy
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 2:34 p.m.
    You gotta actually pay to get rid of bad contracts, they don’t just magically disappear
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
    Owly

Here are some more of his underlying numbers, and how they rank among the aforementioned 171 players:

CF/60 – 1st
    CA/60 – 29th
    SCF/60 – 23rd
    SCA/60 – 128th
    GF/60 – 55th
    GA/60 – 9th
    xGF/60 – 5th
    xGA/60 – 69th

That's his reputation, good underlying numbers but can't finish. So why do I want him? I would add him to the bottom 6 but i wouldn't pay too much for him. Sandin however, is going to be really good. It would likely take Bouchard to get Sandin. Pulli doesn't come close
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
    That's his reputation, good underlying numbers but can't finish. So why do I want him? I would add him to the bottom 6 but i wouldn't pay too much for him. Sandin however, is going to be really good. It would likely take Bouchard to get Sandin. Pulli doesn't come close

Well we don't need Sandin, so I don't understand the trade at all.
    Funny you are arguing with the actual numbers I presented ahahahhahah
    Its just not there.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:31 p.m.
    Owly
    Well we don't need Sandin, so I don't understand the trade at all.
    Funny you are arguing with the actual numbers I presented ahahahhahah
    Its just not there.

You need a pile of defence. Left and right.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.

CF/60 – 1st
    CA/60 – 29th
    SCF/60 – 23rd
    SCA/60 – 128th
    GF/60 – 55th
    GA/60 – 9th
    xGF/60 – 5th
    xGA/60 – 69th

I think the issue is that your GM seems to hate the guy, along with most of the media from Edmonton which is why he's available, you might like him and want to keep him but their shopping him for what sounds like a pick. If you were to get Sandin that would be much better, likely, than what you will be getting in reality. Sandin isnt really available but he is apparently playing hardball with the leafs and is a potential offer sheet candidate. If we can snag Puli and avoid all that, its worth it. Sandin is likley to have a better career than all the oiler d prospects you mentioned.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
    You need a pile of defence. Left and right.

That is News to me. All I know they want to resign a vet D Kulak. We don't need anymore young D.
    But if you say that is what Holland is looking for because you have inside information, then I will change my mond.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:40 p.m.
    Owly
    That is News to me. All I know they want to resign a vet D Kulak. We don't need anymore young D.
    But if you say that is what Holland is looking for because you have inside information, then I will change my mond.

What Holland will do and what should be done is two very different things. It's a sad state of affairs masked in success of beating bad teams. The reality of the Oilers is they are not remotely good enough to beat good teams. They can beat mediocre teams and teams that generally don't really perform in the playoffs (LA and Calgary). In my mind, if you aren't going to win it all, what's the point. The Oilers have two superstars and not much else and when you take on teams with depth, skill and speed, you get rolled. So why is status quo good enough? Certainly isn't for me, but hey enjoy winning a round.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
    Quoting: Shawnathon
    I think the issue is that your GM seems to hate the guy, along with most of the media from Edmonton which is why he's available, you might like him and want to keep him but their shopping him for what sounds like a pick. If you were to get Sandin that would be much better, likely, than what you will be getting in reality. Sandin isnt really available but he is apparently playing hardball with the leafs and is a potential offer sheet candidate. If we can snag Puli and avoid all that, its worth it. Sandin is likley to have a better career than all the oiler d prospects you mentioned.

Do you mean the Edmonton media dislikes him and thats it. Holland said we are in win now mode and looking for someone to help right away if the signing thing doesnt work out. Which is the same situation as the leafs are doing with Sandin.
    Jp isnt really available but he is apparently playing hardball with the Oilers and is a potential offer sheet candidate. So really the exact same thing.
    Broberg is hopefully going to be a legit number 2 guy. So saying he is Sandin is better than Broberg at this time is very premature.
    He is not in the Oilers needs at all. We need a big Right shot shut down guy IMO
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
    What Holland will do and what should be done is two very different things. It's a sad state of affairs masked in success of beating bad teams. The reality of the Oilers is they are not remotely good enough to beat good teams. They can beat mediocre teams and teams that generally don't really perform in the playoffs (LA and Calgary). In my mind, if you aren't going to win it all, what's the point. The Oilers have two superstars and not much else and when you take on teams with depth, skill and speed, you get rolled. So why is status quo good enough? Certainly isn't for me, but hey enjoy winning a round.

Lol we had last year
    Hyman
    Nuge
    Kane
    Yamamoto
    McLeod
    Nurse (who was very hurt)
    Ceci
    Kulak
    With Broberg and Holloway NHL ready.
    So what were you saying about depth????????

Picking playoff teams is a crap statement when leafs cant even get out of the first round ever.
    And saying that we couldn't beat the Stanley cup champs when we were so close in 3 of the games is nonsense considering our number 1 D and Draisaitl couldn't even walk.
    Move on, we don't need another young D. We have 6 of them that will see Ice in the NHL this year.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
    Owly
    Lol we had last year
    Hyman
    Nuge
    Kane
    Yamamoto
    McLeod
    Ceci
    Kulak

Picking playoff teams is a crap statement when leafs cant even get out of the first round ever.
    And saying that we couldn't beat the Stanley cup champs when we were so close in 3 of the games is nonsense considering our number 1 D and Draisaitl couldn't even walk.
    Move on, we don't need another young D. We have 6 of them that will see Ice in the NHL this year.

Lol we had last year
    Hyman
    Nuge
    Kane
    Yamamoto
    McLeod
    Ceci
    Kulak

You got swept and Nurse isn't very good so with him you still lose. With a healthy Draisaitl, you maybe win one. But the Colorado team dummied you. A sweep is a sweep. And the Champs were lucky to be healthy while Tampa was absolutely dessimated with injuries and still went 6 games. TO gave the 2 time Champs everything they could handle and lost in a coin flip. That was a healthy Tampa team as well. So say whatever you want about "another 1st round loss" but it's clear to anyone but Oiler fans, which team is closer to the top. Spoiler alert, it's not the team that got wrecked by Colorado.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
    You got swept and Nurse isn't very good so with him you still lose. With a healthy Draisaitl, you maybe win one. But the Colorado team dummied you. A sweep is a sweep. And the Champs were lucky to be healthy while Tampa was absolutely dessimated with injuries and still went 6 games. TO gave the 2 time Champs everything they could handle and lost in a coin flip. That was a healthy Tampa team as well. So say whatever you want about "another 1st round loss" but it's clear to anyone but Oiler fans, which team is closer to the top. Spoiler alert, it's not the team that got wrecked by Colorado.

Lol Nurse isnt very good ahahahhaha
    Everything you say is full of crap starting with our depth.
    Have a good day.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
    Owly
    Lol Nurse isnt very good ahahahhaha
    Everything you say is full of crap starting with our depth.
    Have a good day.

You don't have good depth. Rarely does anyone score without McDavid or Draisaitl on the ice. Nurse is so overrated and his contract sucks. He should be making less than 6 million. I would have a lot of defenceman over him.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
    You don't have good depth. Rarely does anyone score without McDavid or Draisaitl on the ice. Nurse is so overrated and his contract sucks. He should be making less than 6 million. I would have a lot of defenceman over him.

Nurse made 6.5 million this year which his contract was totally fine. Again look at the analytics. You are once again totally wrong.
    The Nuge line with Hyman and Ryan were very good as the 3rd line. So once again I have no idea what you are talking about

Hopkins and Hyman played very well together this year. So that is incorrect.

This year should go as follows if we sign everyone.

McDavid with Kane and JP. If not Kane then another UFA for about 5 million. But sounds like Kane is back on the for front again.
    Draisaitl with Hyman and Yamamoto. All signed.
    Hopkins with Holloway and Mcleod
    Ryan with Foggle and Kassain. Hopefully they buy out Kassian and keep Malone in the lineup.

Depth looks pretty good to me.

The problem we had in the playoffs was once again poor goaltending. Which you must have failed to watch the oilers play at all.
    Allowing 4 goals a game is not good in the playoffs.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 9:13 p.m.
    Owly
    Nurse made 6.5 million this year which his contract was totally fine. Again look at the analytics. You are once again totally wrong.
    The Nuge line with Hyman and Ryan were very good as the 3rd line. So once again I have no idea what you are talking about

Hopkins and Hyman played very well together this year. So that is incorrect.

This year should go as follows if we sign everyone.

McDavid with Kane and JP. If not Kane then another UFA for about 5 million. But sounds like Kane is back on the for front again.
    Draisaitl with Hyman and Yamamoto. All signed.
    Hopkins with Holloway and Mcleod
    Ryan with Foggle and Kassain. Hopefully they buy out Kassian and keep Malone in the lineup.

Depth looks pretty good to me.

The problem we had in the playoffs was once again poor goaltending. Which you must have failed to watch the oilers play at all.
    Allowing 4 goals a game is not good in the playoffs.

I absolutely guarantee that if you broke down Human's points 75% came while on the ice with one of the top two players. He scored 10 goals super fast and all of them while playing with McDavid. He's a good player sure but put him and Nuge on the ice without the stars and I doubt either get to 40 points. Hyman was the same in TO. You love him and he is a great guy to have. However, he is a 30 point winger if he's on a line without a star. That's what he was in TO and that's what he is in Edmonton. The only difference is he's make 5.5 million to be a 30 point winger.

You can bend results to fit your argument all you want but cherry picking numbers to make something look better than it is is nonsense.

Kerfoot got 52 points and zero powerplay time but I suppose it's entirely because he plays with stars right? Yeah it helped but that's exactly what Hyman does as well.

So you have two guys making 5 million on your 3rd line who get time with McDavid and Draisaitl when you are hurting for offence and they score and you give them credit and then the rest of the time they are good players but don't accomplish a lot on their own.

Bunting proved how dumb it was to give Hyman over 3 million. It's not hard to pad the stats when you play with all world players. The Oilers organization just doesn't understand anything in the modern era.
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 9:49 p.m.
    I absolutely guarantee that if you broke down Human's points 75% came while on the ice with one of the top two players. He scored 10 goals super fast and all of them while playing with McDavid. He's a good player sure but put him and Nuge on the ice without the stars and I doubt either get to 40 points. Hyman was the same in TO. You love him and he is a great guy to have. However, he is a 30 point winger if he's on a line without a star. That's what he was in TO and that's what he is in Edmonton. The only difference is he's make 5.5 million to be a 30 point winger.

You can bend results to fit your argument all you want but cherry picking numbers to make something look better than it is is nonsense.

Kerfoot got 52 points and zero powerplay time but I suppose it's entirely because he plays with stars right? Yeah it helped but that's exactly what Hyman does as well.

So you have two guys making 5 million on your 3rd line who get time with McDavid and Draisaitl when you are hurting for offence and they score and you give them credit and then the rest of the time they are good players but don't accomplish a lot on their own.

Bunting proved how dumb it was to give Hyman over 3 million. It's not hard to pad the stats when you play with all world players. The Oilers organization just doesn't understand anything in the modern era.

Omg. DO you even watch hockey???
    It takes teammates to get those points. McDavids best linemate beside Kane, Draisaitl was Maroon. Nobody else. o you know how many linemates he has had since entering the league? Over 40 and so your rebuttle is totally false. Not everyone gets good playing with McDavid.

Now back to this. How much better is McDavid with JP???
    https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1524477349240004610?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1524477349240004610%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Funmvnc%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

" So you have two guys making 5 million on your 3rd line who get time with McDavid and Draisaitl when you are hurting for offence and they score and you give them credit and then the rest of the time they are good players but don't accomplish a lot on their own. "
    That would be called depth right???

Hyman 11 goals in the playoffs
    Bunting 1 goal
    And real hockey fans know Hyman brings more than just goals to a game, he hits, he is a leader, he is a great fit for the community, he plays PK and PP.
    He has been a great fit in Edmonton.
    But not sure why you are bring up bunting and Kerfoot. Both are excellent players and Bunting was a terrific signing. Like better than Tarvaras.

Sorry how are the Oilers hurting for offence again?
    Jul. 5, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
    Owly
    Omg. DO you even watch hockey???
    It takes teammates to get those points. McDavids best linemate beside Kane, Draisaitl was Maroon. Nobody else. o you know how many linemates he has had since entering the league? Over 40 and so your rebuttle is totally false. Not everyone gets good playing with McDavid.

Now back to this. How much better is McDavid with JP???
    https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1524477349240004610?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1524477349240004610%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Funmvnc%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

" So you have two guys making 5 million on your 3rd line who get time with McDavid and Draisaitl when you are hurting for offence and they score and you give them credit and then the rest of the time they are good players but don't accomplish a lot on their own. "
    That would be called depth right???

Hyman 11 goals in the playoffs
    Bunting 1 goal
    And real hockey fans know Hyman brings more than just goals to a game, he hits, he is a leader, he is a great fit for the community, he plays PK and PP.
    He has been a great fit in Edmonton.
    But not sure why you are bring up bunting and Kerfoot. Both are excellent players and Bunting was a terrific signing. Like better than Tarvaras.

Sorry how are the Oilers hurting for offence again?

Bunting was hurt in the playoffs, do you even watch hockey?
    Jul. 6, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
    Bunting was hurt in the playoffs, do you even watch hockey?

Obviously you dont.
    6 games and 1 goal???
    Playoff output Bunting 6 games and 1 goal. Rated thats 13 goals over 82, which is pretty low for him.
    Hyman rated is 56 goals over 82.
    So was Nurse and Draisaitl
    Kane suspended 1 game had 13 goals

Got anything else???
    Jul. 6, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
    Do you mean the Edmonton media dislikes him and thats it. Holland said we are in win now mode and looking for someone to help right away if the signing thing doesnt work out. Which is the same situation as the leafs are doing with Sandin.
    Jp isnt really available but he is apparently playing hardball with the Oilers and is a potential offer sheet candidate. So really the exact same thing.
    Broberg is hopefully going to be a legit number 2 guy. So saying he is Sandin is better than Broberg at this time is very premature.
    He is not in the Oilers needs at all. We need a big Right shot shut down guy IMO

In all fairness i think the oilers should keep pulijarvi, he's an excellent player on the verge of becoming a very important piece. Leafs actually feel the same way about Sandin, both RFA's in tough spots. I live in Edmonton and when listening to any of the sports radio shows here they have him going at a marginal price. Hate to say it, but if thats true its really too bad. All that said if you walked away with Sandin, considering the reports that would be good.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll