SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Colin white

Created by: EatMyScoobySnack
Published: Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 7th round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 7th round pick (Logo of the New York IslandersNYI)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,923,3341933515917
Change$0000000
Final$1,923,3341933515917000

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 7th round pick (Logo of the New York IslandersNYI)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 7th round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$27,131,7861434473816
Change$0000000
Final$27,131,7861434473816000
Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
I try to select Colin white but hé don't seen to be in the system for Ottawa so I did that.

So it seen that Ottawa will place in ballotage to buyout is contract which would cost them 900k for 6 years and save them around 10m of real cash.

With Hughes as MTL GM there a chance they try to sign Colin White as he's is old agent back before he took the gm job.

First would you take White in your teams if yes at what contract would you pay him ? Money and year wise what do you think ?
Dutchies liked this.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
That House in Canada
Montreal can just sign Colin White. Hes bought out
Jul. 5, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Ottawa needs 1 more small thing because St.Louis is like in the 20’s for round 7 and NYI are around 12. (IDK the real number off the top of my head.) I would have MTL maybe give up a 6th next year and keep the seventh this year OR you could make it a 7th next year from MTL and keep the OTT 7th to MTL. Decent trade tho.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 8:01 p.m.
Quoting: MoorhouseCDN
Montreal can just sign Colin White. Hes bought out

Quoting: BruinsGM37
Ottawa needs 1 more small thing because St.Louis is like in the 20’s for round 7 and NYI are around 12. (IDK the real number off the top of my head.) I would have MTL maybe give up a 6th next year and keep the seventh this year OR you could make it a 7th next year from MTL and keep the OTT 7th to MTL. Decent trade tho.

Guys I know that. I did this trade 7, for 7 only because I couldn't select Colin white as Capfriendly have remove him from the team.

I start this to know what other person here think about White. should MTL offer him a contract if yes for how many year and how much salary cap ?
Jul. 5, 2022 at 10:27 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
I try to select Colin white but hé don't seen to be in the system for Ottawa so I did that.

So it seen that Ottawa will place in ballotage to buyout is contract which would cost them 900k for 6 years and save them around 10m of real cash.

With Hughes as MTL GM there a chance they try to sign Colin White as he's is old agent back before he took the gm job.

First would you take White in your teams if yes at what contract would you pay him ? Money and year wise what do you think ?

Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack

He’s in a very similar situation to Galchenyuk a couple years ago. I’d take a chance on him and sign him to a 1 year 1 mil contract.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jul. 5, 2022 at 10:46 p.m.
couldnt afford 2nd t
It is difficult to predict what contract he will get. He has had a very inconsistent last three years, partly due to injuries, which might convince someone that he just needs a fresh start and to stay healthy. He is certainly going to get a small premium compared to his level of play, because a GM will pay in hopes that he can live up to his former pedigree as a top young player who was thought to have 1st or 2nd line potential.

He lost 10 million dollars. He needs a 3 year 3.33M contract to be made whole. I don't think he gets that, but if he does it will be from Montreal. Hockey is weird, where everybody involved with the sport has a huge bias to players they are familiar with. His former agent is Canadiens GM Kent Hughes, who already attempted to acquire him at the trade deadline. If Kent Hughes believes in White, he might overpay to get him. Montreal doesn't have much to offer White other than that relationship. It isn't like they can say you're going to get a shot to play with x or y superstar and boost your value like a Vegas might be able to do with Mark Stone (if he projects to return this season).

Most likely, he gets something like 1-2 years at 2M give or take.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 6:27 a.m.
Quoting: budgeteam
It is difficult to predict what contract he will get. He has had a very inconsistent last three years, partly due to injuries, which might convince someone that he just needs a fresh start and to stay healthy. He is certainly going to get a small premium compared to his level of play, because a GM will pay in hopes that he can live up to his former pedigree as a top young player who was thought to have 1st or 2nd line potential.

He lost 10 million dollars. He needs a 3 year 3.33M contract to be made whole. I don't think he gets that, but if he does it will be from Montreal. Hockey is weird, where everybody involved with the sport has a huge bias to players they are familiar with. His former agent is Canadiens GM Kent Hughes, who already attempted to acquire him at the trade deadline. If Kent Hughes believes in White, he might overpay to get him. Montreal doesn't have much to offer White other than that relationship. It isn't like they can say you're going to get a shot to play with x or y superstar and boost your value like a Vegas might be able to do with Mark Stone (if he projects to return this season).

Most likely, he gets something like 1-2 years at 2M give or take.

Would it be more effective if both team would have made a trade and Ottawa keep something like 20 to 30% of the salary ? Basically doing 3 year at 3.3 to 3.7 with Ottawa keeping around only 1 to 1.5m for 3 year ?? Because now they need to pay around 900k for 6 years on salary cap. ???

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll