Forums/Armchair-GM

KANE REQUESTS TRADE TO LEAFS

Created by: TML_Tika
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 9, 2022
Published: Jul. 9, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Patrick Kane requests a trade to the Leafs to play with Austin Matthews and Mitch Marner who idolize him and win a Stanley Cup in Toronto and avoid a rebuild with the Hawks.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,600,000
2$1,500,000
2$750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,500,000
1$850,000
1$850,000
1$850,000
1$900,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Kane, Patrick ($5,000,000 retained)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$74,602,283$212,500$0$7,897,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
-$2,375,000-$2,375,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$834,167$834,167
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
UFA - 5
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:17 a.m.
In Connor We Trust
Still a 1st round exit
homiedaclown and KATNic liked this.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:18 a.m.
The way Chicago's GM is doing business you could probably get Kane for just Holl.
TML_Tika liked this.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:18 a.m.
Quoting: Beetlejuice
Still a 1st round exit

Leafs go all the way with trade for Patrick Kane and Campbell resigned.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:25 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Why would Kane even bother waiving for a pretender? Face it, even if Kane did that, it would still be a first round exit, if the Leafs even make the playoffs. Sure that's a great top 6, but what little depth they had is now being replaced with even less depth. Campbell is not signing that, as he will likely get 5+mil. So I ask again, why would Kane even consider waiving to Toronto if he knows he won't even make it out of the first round?
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:35 a.m.
Edited Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:41 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Why would Kane even bother waiving for a pretender? Face it, even if Kane did that, it would still be a first round exit, if the Leafs even make the playoffs. Sure that's a great top 6, but what little depth they had is now being replaced with even less depth. Campbell is not signing that, as he will likely get 5+mil. So I ask again, why would Kane even consider waiving to Toronto if he knows he won't even make it out of the first round?

Kane is friendly with Austin Matthews and Mitch Marner........so say what you want.......but I am telling you he would be very interested in coming to play 1 year in Toronto and helping push the Leafs over the top and winning a cup in Toronto.

You are talking total nonsense when you say the Leafs will not make it out of the first round and not looking at the Leafs roster objectively.

Campbell is a fool if he leaves the Leafs and a 4 year deal for $4,500,000 after Dubas saved his career by trading for him from the Kings..........He will be making a career mistake leaving the Leafs for Buffalo or Edmonton and getting shellshocked every night.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:45 a.m.

Out of all the criticisms to give the agm (the fact that Kane would cost much more) this is a weird one to bring up. How much depth is being lost? Just one bottom pairing D and one Top 9 forward. And are you honestly telling me the Leafs won't make the playoffs lol. As for first round loss, you don't think this roster could make it to the 2nd round at minimum.

The goaltending is only possible if Campbell takes a discount. Possible if unlikely.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:48 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: TML_Tika
Kane is friendly with Austin Matthews and Mitch Marner........so say what you want.......but I am telling you he would be very interested in coming to play 1 year in Toronto and helping push the Leafs over the top and winning a cup in Toronto.

You are talking total nonsense when you say the Leafs will not make it out of the first round and not looking at the Leafs roster objectively.

Campbell is a fool if he leave the Leafs and a 4 year deal for $4,500,000 after Dubas saved his career by trading for him from the Kings..........He will be making a career mistake leaving the Leafs for Buffalo or Edmonton and getting shellshocked every night.

The only fool is you. Campbell can easily get more money and term from many other teams. And lets not pretend like Campbell wasn't getting shellshocked in Toronto. Whether Kane is friendly with Matthews and Marner or not is irrelevant. He will chase the cup, and he won't get it in Toronto. The Leafs couldn't even beat an exhausted Tampa team when Vasilevskiy wasn't even playing like his usual worldbeater self for the entire series. You can add as much offense as you want. Toronto doesn't have the dcore and they won't have the goaltending to win the cup, let alone get out of the first round. Running 2 lines the entire season and playoffs is just a recipe for disaster, since that bottom 6 will just get eaten alive.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 2:55 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: HeroStuff
Out of all the criticisms to give the agm (the fact that Kane would cost much more) this is a weird one to bring up. How much depth is being lost? Just one bottom pairing D and one Top 9 forward. And are you honestly telling me the Leafs won't make the playoffs lol. As for first round loss, you don't think this roster could make it to the 2nd round at minimum.

The goaltending is only possible if Campbell takes a discount. Possible if unlikely.

With teams like Ottawa emerging, and Detroit and Buffalo potentially taking that next step, I wouldn't put it past the Leafs to miss the playoffs. Tampa will make it more than likely, with Florida also being a likely lock. Boston is falling, Montreal is rebuilding, and the 3 teams already mentioned are on the rise. Ottawa is definitely starting their push next season, and Detroit and Buffalo are close. Not to mention with how tough the Metro still is, I have a hard time seeing the Atlantic taking both wild cards. Carolina, NYR, and Pittsburgh are likely locks in the Metro. Washington is falling, but not completely ruled out yet. NYI are also on the cusp, along with Columbus. NJ is on the rise as well, but I doubt they make that push this year. Is it still likely the Leafs make the playoffs, yes, but the East right now is as tough as it has been, with 12 teams really competing for 8 spots. So yes it is quite possible
Jul. 9, 2022 at 3:09 a.m.
Cat Lover.
Im just saying as a hawk's fan, here is a few reasons why this could not happen

1. The Hawks would not retain 5 million for kane as they might as well keep him
2. If this were to happen the hawks would most likely want picks not players. as we are going into a FULL REBUILD
3. Kane is happy where he is and has stated that he wants to stay with the hawks.

those are my reasons
Jul. 9, 2022 at 3:10 a.m.

Campbell is a fool if he leaves the Leafs and a 4 year deal for $4,500,000 after Dubas saved his career by trading for him from the Kings

Campbell doesn’t owe Dubas or the Leafs anything
And it could easily be argued that the Oilers are closer to winning a Cup than the Leafs- especially with Campbell
Jul. 9, 2022 at 3:14 a.m.
Hawks are gonna want at least 1 higher end asset for Kane

A late 1st & some B level prospects aren’t gonna cut it
Especially if you’ve got the Hawks going $5mil in cap
Jul. 9, 2022 at 3:23 a.m.
With teams like Ottawa emerging, and Detroit and Buffalo potentially taking that next step, I wouldn't put it past the Leafs to miss the playoffs. Tampa will make it more than likely, with Florida also being a likely lock. Boston is falling, Montreal is rebuilding, and the 3 teams already mentioned are on the rise. Ottawa is definitely starting their push next season, and Detroit and Buffalo are close. Not to mention with how tough the Metro still is, I have a hard time seeing the Atlantic taking both wild cards. Carolina, NYR, and Pittsburgh are likely locks in the Metro. Washington is falling, but not completely ruled out yet. NYI are also on the cusp, along with Columbus. NJ is on the rise as well, but I doubt they make that push this year. Is it still likely the Leafs make the playoffs, yes, but the East right now is as tough as it has been, with 12 teams really competing for 8 spots. So yes it is quite possible

I think my response got lost, so if so this is a repeat ignore.

But this argument is pretty down on the leafs, and assuming that a 40 pt gap between the leafs and the Sens, Sabres and Red Wings get magicked away while seeming to me to argue that only the Leafs and not the Panthers or Tampa could be overtaken by them. Realistically the chances of them missing the playoffs would be about 1 percent and no more notable then most top teams.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 4:34 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: HeroStuff
I think my response got lost, so if so this is a repeat ignore.

But this argument is pretty down on the leafs, and assuming that a 40 pt gap between the leafs and the Sens, Sabres and Red Wings get magicked away while seeming to me to argue that only the Leafs and not the Panthers or Tampa could be overtaken by them. Realistically the chances of them missing the playoffs would be about 1 percent and no more notable then most top teams.

Your response didn't get lost. I was just stating that it is a possibility. Nobody is guaranteed to make the playoffs. I made that mistake with Vegas last year. Realistically, its about a 1% chance that the Leafs miss the playoffs, I will agree with that. But that is still a chance that they do miss the playoffs. I'm expecting at the very least the Sens to at least take a massive chunk out of that 40 point gap from last season, and the Wings and Sabres likely do the same, but I don't think to the same degree as the Sens. With the likelihood that Campbell is gone next season very high, who takes his spot and can they do what Campbell did last season but for a whole season? Campbell's play took a nosedive after the new year, and it only really came back before the playoffs. And is Kallgren truly ready to be a full time backup?
Jul. 9, 2022 at 4:34 a.m.
I’m 100% convinced this and the matthewsisbetterthanmcdavid accounts are troll accounts
Jul. 9, 2022 at 4:51 a.m.
Shibbal18
Highly doubt it. Toronto has nothing of interest any way. 0 prospects and garbage picks
Jul. 9, 2022 at 4:53 a.m.
Shibbal18

Buffalo is better off than Ottawa
Jul. 9, 2022 at 8:27 a.m.
Carbon

Campbell is a fool if he leaves the Leafs and a 4 year deal for $4,500,000 after Dubas saved his career by trading for him from the Kings..........He will be making a career mistake leaving the Leafs for Buffalo or Edmonton and getting shellshocked every night.

So he'd be a fool to take an $18m contract just before retiring?
Jul. 9, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Quoting: carbonxe
So he'd be a fool to take an $18m contract just before retiring?

No......not before retiring.....but walking away from the Leafs for more money because he thinks he is an elite goalie.........He is an average goalie and above average goalie playing for the Leafs and their great team.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 8:25 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Campbell doesn’t owe Dubas or the Leafs anything
And it could easily be argued that the Oilers are closer to winning a Cup than the Leafs- especially with Campbell

You must be kidding.....Campbell owes his current career to Dubas believing in him and trading for him and giving him a chance to be a starter in Toronto......I can't believe that people put no value on loyality in todays world anymore.
Jul. 9, 2022 at 8:29 p.m.
The only fool is you. Campbell can easily get more money and term from many other teams. And lets not pretend like Campbell wasn't getting shellshocked in Toronto. Whether Kane is friendly with Matthews and Marner or not is irrelevant. He will chase the cup, and he won't get it in Toronto. The Leafs couldn't even beat an exhausted Tampa team when Vasilevskiy wasn't even playing like his usual worldbeater self for the entire series. You can add as much offense as you want. Toronto doesn't have the dcore and they won't have the goaltending to win the cup, let alone get out of the first round. Running 2 lines the entire season and playoffs is just a recipe for disaster, since that bottom 6 will just get eaten alive.

I guess we agree to disagree......How was Campbell getting shellshocked in Toronto where he was lucky to get 30 shots a game as a goalie in the National Hockey League.

Shellshocked is more like Demko facing 45 shots a game in Vancouver and standing on his head to keep the Canucks in games.
Jul. 10, 2022 at 12:40 a.m.
You must be kidding.....Campbell owes his current career to Dubas believing in him and trading for him and giving him a chance to be a starter in Toronto......I can't believe that people put no value on loyality in todays world anymore.

🤣🤣🤣
You live in a fantasy world
Take a trip to reality sometime
Jul. 10, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
🤣🤣🤣
You live in a fantasy world
Take a trip to reality sometime

It's not all about maximizing every last dime in signing a contract.........You have to be happy in what you do and where you work........Campbell would be a fool to leave the Leafs.
Jul. 10, 2022 at 12:44 a.m.
It's not all about maximizing every last dime in signing a contract.........You have to be happy in what you do and where you work........Campbell would be a fool to leave the Leafs.

There’s other good options out there for him
Edmonton for example
$$$ absolutely does matter
Jul. 10, 2022 at 12:46 a.m.
There’s other good options out there for him
Edmonton for example
$$$ absolutely does matter

He will get injured physically and mentally playing goal in Edmonton as their defence is terrible and being shellshocked every night and will find living in Edmonton a hard adjustment.
Jul. 10, 2022 at 12:50 a.m.
He will get injured physically and mentally playing goal in Edmonton as their defence is terrible and being shellshocked every night and will find living in Edmonton a hard adjustment.

Literally NONE of that makes sense

And the Oilers are CLOSER to winning a Cup than the Leafs
TWO ROUNDS CLOSER, to be exact

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll