Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade targets

Created by: Nightowl26
Team: 2022-23 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 17, 2022
Published: Jul. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Need to overhaul this roster. Just looking to trade guys. As Lou mentioned we need to make HOCKEY TRADES. LOL
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$850,000
5$5,000,000
3$2,000,000
2$750,000
2$750,000
Trades
NYI
ANA
  1. Lee, Anders
Additional Details:
What can we get from any team? Sorry I just used Anahiem to process this.

Looking for HOCKEY TRADES as Lou our great GM told us he wanted to do.
NYI
ARI
  1. Bailey, Josh
Additional Details:
What can we get from any team? Sorry I just used any team to process this.

NYI
BOS
  1. Varlamov, Semyon
Additional Details:

NYI
BUF
  1. Palmieri, Kyle
Additional Details:

NYI
CGY
  1. Bellows, Kieffer
Additional Details:

NYI
CHI
  1. Clutterbuck, Cal
Additional Details:

NYI
COL
  1. Parise, Zach
Additional Details:

NYI
CBJ
  1. Martin, Matt
Additional Details:

NYI
DAL
  1. Mayfield, Scott
Additional Details:

NYI
DET
  1. Aho, Sebastian
  2. Holmström, Simon
  3. Koivula, Otto
Additional Details:

What for any of these in our system.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
12$82,500,000$50,039,963$245,796$537,500$32,460,037
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
Why does the team need to be blown up?
They have a elite goaltender in his prime.
A top tier D group, with only 1 player 30 or over.
A top tier Center core.
A mediocre wing core that you can add to at the deadline.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Nightowl26
Quoting: Warrior24
Why does the team need to be blown up?
They have a elite goaltender in his prime.
A top tier D group, with only 1 player 30 or over.
A top tier Center core.
A mediocre wing core that you can add to at the deadline.

This team with it's current roster will not make the playoffs. Every team with the exception of Philly in the Eastern conference has improved. 3 Team in Metro, 3 Teams in Atlantic and 2 wild cards

Metro
Carolina
Rangers
Pitts

Atlantic
Tampa
Toronto
Florida

Wild card
Ottawa
Washington
Columbus
Boston - who had 107 pts last yr
NJ
Detroit

Are we beating out 5 of the 6 of these teams for a wild card spot? I don't think so.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: Nightowl26
This team with it's current roster will not make the playoffs. Every team with the exception of Philly in the Eastern conference has improved. 3 Team in Metro, 3 Teams in Atlantic and 2 wild cards

The Isles have improved too, Romanov and Salo is significantly better than Chara and Greene.

Take out the ridiculous 13 game road trip to start last year and isles would have been right there for the playoffs.

Metro
Carolina
Rangers
Pitts

Atlantic
Tampa
Toronto
Florida

Wild card
Ottawa
Washington
Columbus
NJ
Detroit

Are we beating out 5 of the 6 of these teams for a wild card spot? I don't think so.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Shibbal18

Metro
Carolina
Rangers
Pitts

Atlantic
Tampa
Toronto
Florida

Wild card
Ottawa
Washington
Columbus
NJ
Detroit

Ottawa will be this years Chicago and itll be hilarious. Also Detroit is going to easily be last in the Atlantic
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Nightowl26

Washingon, Boston were better than us last year. They always are good in the regular season and they improved too. Ottawa got Giroux and DeBrincat. Columbus was 3 pts behind us got JG to go along with Laine and all that good young talent, plus they have a real nice goalie tandem. You can't agrue with NJ did Palat and Haula (who scored 18 goals on the 3rd line for boston last year), added a solid D guy in Marino.

I don't see how Romanov and Salo make our overall roster so much better. Salo is still a rookie, you don't know what you will get if he's in there on a regular basis. I'll give you Romanov but that doesn't make up the difference in how other teams have improve their rosters.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
Nightowl26
Quoting: Shibbal18
Ottawa will be this years Chicago and itll be hilarious. Also Detroit is going to easily be last in the Atlantic

Are you telling me that with Det signing the following, they will be in last place? lol
C/W-Copp
RW-Perron
D-Chiarot
LW-Kubalik
D-Maatta
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Washingon, Boston were better than us last year. They always are good in the regular season and they improved too. Ottawa got Giroux and DeBrincat. Columbus was 3 pts behind us got JG to go along with Laine and all that good young talent, plus they have a real nice goalie tandem. You can't agrue with NJ did Palat and Haula (who scored 18 goals on the 3rd line for boston last year), added a solid D guy in Marino.

I don't see how Romanov and Salo make our overall roster so much better. Salo is still a rookie, you don't know what you will get if he's in there on a regular basis. I'll give you Romanov but that doesn't make up the difference in how other teams have improve their rosters.

And you have no idea what young players will do for other teams, or the older veterans that teams acquired will do.

The Isles have a better D then last year. Lee was not himself the 1st half recovering from the ACL and was much better after. Palmeri sucked the 1st half then started playing well, and Trotz killed Wahlstroms production.

They forward core is not elite, but if healthy and Lambert allowing Wahlstrom to play the Isles are a competitive team.
Jester9881 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Shibbal18
Are you telling me that with Det signing the following, they will be in last place? lol
C/W-Copp
RW-Perron
D-Chiarot
LW-Kubalik
D-Maatta

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic. Copp is the only outstanding name, chicago couldnt give Kubalik away, Perrons toast, Chiarot is a flash in the pan, Maatta? Now i know your trolling if you think Matta turns that team around
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Nightowl26
Quoting: Shibbal18
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic. Copp is the only outstanding name, chicago couldnt give Kubalik away, Perrons toast, Chiarot is a flash in the pan, Maatta? Now i know your trolling if you think Matta turns that team around

Copp and Perron will help with scoring with Larkin, Raymond and Betuzzi. Some experience scorers . Kubalik is young but has talent had a down year last year but the 2 previous were good. At 2.5M for the next 2 years I think it's a good risk. Regarding Chiarot, the terms were too mucha and I agree with that. But like Leddy I think he can be a good fit to help the young stud in Seider. Maatta is a decent 3rd line pair guy with experience, low risk at 1 yr at 2.5M. Think he can help the young group. Oh and I forgot, they got Husso from the Blues
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Nightowl26
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Nightowl26
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Nightowl26
And you have no idea what young players will do for other teams, or the older veterans that teams acquired will do.

The Isles have a better D then last year. Lee was not himself the 1st half recovering from the ACL and was much better after. Palmeri sucked the 1st half then started playing well, and Trotz killed Wahlstroms production.

They forward core is not elite, but if healthy and Lambert allowing Wahlstrom to play the Isles are a competitive team.

We are another year older, we will be the oldest team in the league again (last year). We have done NOTHING to improve our offense.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
You don't blow up your team when your entire D core is under 28 and signed long-term, and you have a goalie entering his prime that was just outside the Vezina discussion on a bad team. The forward group needs some massaging, but they are playoff contenders as is.
Warrior24 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Nightowl26
Quoting: Jester9881
You don't blow up your team when your entire D core is under 28 and signed long-term, and you have a goalie entering his prime that was just outside the Vezina discussion on a bad team. The forward group needs some massaging, but they are playoff contenders as is.

I didn't say a total blow up. I'm keeping Brazal, Dobson, Pelech, Pulock, Romonov, Nelson and Sorkin. Wally too but I would move him in the right deal
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
We are another year older, we will be the oldest team in the league again (last year). We have done NOTHING to improve our offense.

This is becoming a meme and it's completely false.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/nhl/teams-physical-stats/2021-2022

The numbers people always cite are with Chara, Greene, Schneider, Boychuck and Komarov baked in. Those guys are all gone and in at least one case were replaced with a 22 year old (Romanov). Take this into account and their avg age is around 27.4 which is right in line with the Florida Panthers. Can we stop spreading this falsehood already?
Warrior24 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
I didn't say a total blow up. I'm keeping Brazal, Dobson, Pelech, Pulock, Romonov, Nelson and Sorkin. Wally too but I would move him in the right deal

So you only want to get rid of 12-15 players.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.

The Isles age was skewed by Chara and Greene. They are not young as a roster but not the oldest. Adding Romanov and Salo who can skate and get the puck up the ice is a significant upgrade to the offense, the isles biggest issue last year was getting the puck out of their zone, and when they did they had to change lines because they were pinned in for 60 seconds or more.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:41 p.m.
Nightowl26
This is becoming a meme and it's completely false.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/nhl/teams-physical-stats/2021-2022

The numbers people always cite are with Chara, Greene, Schneider, Boychuck and Komarov baked in. Those guys are all gone and in at least one case were replaced with a 22 year old (Romanov). Take this into account and their avg age is around 27.4 which is right in line with the Florida Panthers. Can we stop spreading this falsehood already?
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Nightowl26
https://novacapsfans.com/2022/07/14/shifts-in-team-age-after-day-1-of-nhl-free-agency/

Sorry we are 2nd oldest - at 29.4 to Washington's 29.6
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
Nightowl26
So you only want to get rid of 12-15 players.

You don't think we need to move guys like Lee, Bailey, Parms, Parise, Cutter, Martin, etc, etc? You think this is a winning core going forward? Let's get something for Vary. We don't need a 5M goalie backup. Love Mayfield, but he's our 3rd RD guy. We won't be able to resign him. Are you telling me if we can get a 1st rounder and a prospect you wouldn't consider it. Then you can sign a vet for his spot and rotate him in with let's say Hutton.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Nightowl26

By the way, your comment about the 13 game road trip. We were 5-8, nothing that should have killed the season. I would grant you that the covid issue was a bigger problem then the road trip.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.
https://novacapsfans.com/2022/07/14/shifts-in-team-age-after-day-1-of-nhl-free-agency/

Sorry we are 2nd oldest - at 29.4 to Washington's 29.6

I'd like to see the players they're adding into their formula because it's wrong. I'm not going to list all the players and their ages to show you, but you're more than welcome to do it yourself with the link I gave you. The Islanders current Avg age is a touch over 27.4 years.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
You don't think we need to move guys like Lee, Bailey, Parms, Parise, Cutter, Martin, etc, etc? You think this is a winning core going forward? Let's get something for Vary. We don't need a 5M goalie backup. Love Mayfield, but he's our 3rd RD guy. We won't be able to resign him. Are you telling me if we can get a 1st rounder and a prospect you wouldn't consider it. Then you can sign a vet for his spot and rotate him in with let's say Hutton.

Absolutely not.

Clutterbuck is still a great PK and energy guy who continues to be atop the league in hits year after year. Matt Martin is also a glue guy who continues to be one of the league leaders in hits. If either contract ever gets burdensome, they can be buried for a low cap hit under $1m. Look around the league, for all the talk about how much Lou spent on 4th liners, they are right around league avg in salary cost as a group.

Bailey and Palmieri both had rough years, but continue to be .5-.6 ppg wingers. Trading them isn't going to net you anything worth more than that, unless you're making room for a UFA signing which we now know isn't happening. So what is the point?

Anders Lee just scored at a 30 goal pace.

Get off the ledge. Yes, this is a winning core going forward, because the exact same group has flirted with being in the SCF twice in the last 3 years and all of them are still prime age. It sounds like you should consider rooting for a rebuilding team instead.
Hosiz liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
I'm not going to waste any more of my energy on a Sunday blowing sunshine up your cavern.
Nightowl26 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Nightowl26
Absolutely not.

Clutterbuck is still a great PK and energy guy who continues to be atop the league in hits year after year. Matt Martin is also a glue guy who continues to be one of the league leaders in hits. If either contract ever gets burdensome, they can be buried for a low cap hit under $1m. Look around the league, for all the talk about how much Lou spent on 4th liners, they are right around league avg in salary cost as a group.

Bailey and Palmieri both had rough years, but continue to be .5-.6 ppg wingers. Trading them isn't going to net you anything worth more than that, unless you're making room for a UFA signing which we now know isn't happening. So what is the point?

Anders Lee just scored at a 30 goal pace.

Get off the ledge. Yes, this is a winning core going forward, because the exact same group has flirted with being in the SCF twice in the last 3 years and all of them are still prime age. It sounds like you should consider rooting for a rebuilding team instead.

No, you're right, I should be like you and LOU we trust. Take the Isles goggles off and just look at it realistically. I'm just a big an Isles fan as you I'm guessing, but I will be critical with this management when it's needed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll