Forums/Armchair-GM

I saw a flames fan intres

Created by: SMH
Team: 2022-23 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 17, 2022
Published: Aug. 10, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I saw a flames fan intrested in Dadonov and Dvorak with dumping Monahan.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,750,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,100,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Monahan, Sean
  2. Pelletier, Jakob
  3. 2023 1st round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni ($2,500,000 retained)
  2. Dvorak, Christian
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
MTL
    Waivers
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$75,614,999$1,132,500$5,070,000$6,885,001
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 3
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $863,333$863,333
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    C, RW
    RFA - 4
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 10:21 p.m.
    Not if it costs that lol
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 10:38 p.m.
    Mr.
    Quoting: Lancebmx
    Not if it costs that lol

How much value would you consider him to have ? A top 10 pick ? He's a very good prospect so I'm curious maybe im way undervalue him, also I'm not sure how flames fans feel about monahen and how much dumping him means
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 10:43 p.m.
    KFTW
    The flames aren’t doing that
    ItWasIn and MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 10:55 p.m.
    Dadonov if he has a decent season probably gets a second at the deadline with retention. Dvorak let's be real is only worth a second. Montreal way over paid for him, he was never worth that.
    Pelletier is Calgary's to prospect and he's worth more than that whole package in my opinion.
    Dumping Monahan isn't a big priority for the flames.
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
    I’d like to take credit for that but I’m not a flames fan. It’s just an idea I really liked for the Flames. Personally I feel like the flames should move on from Monohan. He really hasn’t been any good these past few years. And Montreal is a team that I think could have some interest in him and could be a new start that Monohan maybe needs. Looking at it they can become trade partners again and Dvorak and Dadonov makes sense to me. Dvorak makes some sense to me because he’s a decent centre and could put up some production and could end up having a bigger year I feel like. Dadonov makes even more sense to me because he played on a line with Huberdeau and Barkov a few years back and he put up pretty good numbers playing with them. So out of this why not get some decent players out of a struggling one. Sure a bigger price would need to be paid on Calgary’s side but the fits could be good
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
    Quoting: BestGMBenning
    I’d like to take credit for that but I’m not a flames fan. It’s just an idea I really liked for the Flames. Personally I feel like the flames should move on from Monohan. He really hasn’t been any good these past few years. And Montreal is a team that I think could have some interest in him and could be a new start that Monohan maybe needs. Looking at it they can become trade partners again and Dvorak and Dadonov makes sense to me. Dvorak makes some sense to me because he’s a decent centre and could put up some production and could end up having a bigger year I feel like. Dadonov makes even more sense to me because he played on a line with Huberdeau and Barkov a few years back and he put up pretty good numbers playing with them. So out of this why not get some decent players out of a struggling one. Sure a bigger price would need to be paid on Calgary’s side but the fits could be good

Dvorak is bad, Dvorak coming to a Flames team that values possession numbers and defensive zone play makes Dvorak even worse. His advanced stats are a joke and he’s never touched 40 points. The Flames taking in Dvorak for 3 more seasons at 4.45 is the opposite of moving on from Monahan. Calgary can see if Monahan can bounce back this season to a 20 goal guy maybe, that would be a real success, if it doesn’t happen he’s off the books at the end of this year and all parties move on.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:13 a.m.
    Quoting: yycofred
    Dvorak is bad, Dvorak coming to a Flames team that values possession numbers and defensive zone play makes Dvorak even worse. His advanced stats are a joke and he’s never touched 40 points. The Flames taking in Dvorak for 3 more seasons at 4.45 is the opposite of moving on from Monahan. Calgary can see if Monahan can bounce back this season to a 20 goal guy maybe, that would be a real success, if it doesn’t happen he’s off the books at the end of this year and all parties move on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1432781362604527619/photo/1
    Since you wanted to point out advanced stats
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:17 a.m.
    Edited Aug. 11, 2022 at 1:24 a.m.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1432781362604527619/photo/1
    Since you wanted to point out advanced stats

html>
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
    html>

You're kind of emphasizing my point though aren't you? The ask here is an NHL ready prospect, unprotected first for a guy who's topping out at the 75th percentile of the league? All while strapping into a contract that runs way too long for the Flames timeline? Would the Flames not be better off using 6.375M at the end of this season to sign a better player than Dvorak?
    These player cards are great and all but really just scrapping the surface..
    Just in 2021-22, Monahan's relative CorsiF%, FF%, then you can dive into the Corsi/Fenwick For and Against while on ice and Monahan berates Dvorak in all categories in Monahan's worst season in the league. Even in your model above, the best season Dvorak has had is the 2019-20, it's the anomaly year that got him paid, not the norm.
    It's great to just post an image with zero context, comparison or discourse then walk away but it's emphasizing my point more than yours that Dvorak to the Flames is awful and the Flames adding is ridiculous.
    Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
    You're kind of emphasizing my point though aren't you? The ask here is an NHL ready prospect, unprotected first for a guy who's topping out at the 75th percentile of the league? All while strapping into a contract that runs way too long for the Flames timeline? Would the Flames not be better off using 6.375M at the end of this season to sign a better player than Dvorak?
    These player cards are great and all but really just scrapping the surface..
    Just in 2021-22, Monahan's relative CorsiF%, FF%, then you can dive into the Corsi/Fenwick For and Against while on ice and Monahan berates Dvorak in all categories in Monahan's worst season in the league. Even in your model above, the best season Dvorak has had is the 2019-20, it's the anomaly year that got him paid, not the norm.
    It's great to just post an image with zero context, comparison or discourse then walk away but it's emphasizing my point more than yours that Dvorak to the Flames is awful and the Flames adding is ridiculous.

Monahan hasn’t put up any good numbers over the past two years and has had some serious injuries. And would be playing in a system that he fits. His overall stats probably weren’t as good in Montreal as they were with Arizona but Montreal was a big mess this year. Dvorak still tends to miss games but at least he’d be even more useful in Sutter’s system as a 2nd/3rd like centre
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
    Monahan hasn’t put up any good numbers over the past two years and has had some serious injuries. And would be playing in a system that he fits. His overall stats probably weren’t as good in Montreal as they were with Arizona but Montreal was a big mess this year. Dvorak still tends to miss games but at least he’d be even more useful in Sutter’s system as a 2nd/3rd like centre

All irrelevant, Monahan is off the books after this season, Dvorak tops out as a good 3C that's getting paid too much for what he does in both ends of the ice. You're a Pens fan, Zucker, Poulin, unprotected first for Dvorak, Dadanov?
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
    All irrelevant, Monahan is off the books after this season, Dvorak tops out as a good 3C that's getting paid too much for what he does in both ends of the ice. You're a Pens fan, Zucker, Poulin, unprotected first for Dvorak, Dadanov?

Even if I wanted to I couldn’t do that deal. Cap crunch. My idea is more so Monahan and picks for Dadanov and Dvorak rather than Calgary giving up prospects. To give more thought to it that’s almost what I think adding Dvorak does for the Flames. Solid 3C that can take over in bigger minutes if needed. Can add to Calgary’s power play and PK. He’s a guy I think can really strive in Calgary. It doesn’t matter if Monahan is off the books after this season. What good has he brought for Calgary for being in the books this past two seasons. Even past 3 seasons considering he lost a lot of his touch starting with that 2019-20 season. Calgary wants to remain competitive and there’s been questions with Monahan a lot if he even fits in Calgary anymore and if he’ll be the same after hip surgery and how long he can be healthy. Cause remember he missed the playoffs this year.
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 4:37 p.m.
    Even if I wanted to I couldn’t do that deal. Cap crunch. My idea is more so Monahan and picks for Dadanov and Dvorak rather than Calgary giving up prospects. To give more thought to it that’s almost what I think adding Dvorak does for the Flames. Solid 3C that can take over in bigger minutes if needed. Can add to Calgary’s power play and PK. He’s a guy I think can really strive in Calgary. It doesn’t matter if Monahan is off the books after this season. What good has he brought for Calgary for being in the books this past two seasons. Even past 3 seasons considering he lost a lot of his touch starting with that 2019-20 season. Calgary wants to remain competitive and there’s been questions with Monahan a lot if he even fits in Calgary anymore and if he’ll be the same after hip surgery and how long he can be healthy. Cause remember he missed the playoffs this year.

Cap aside, you make the Zucker Poulin and a first deal?

Huberdeau killed more penalties than Dvorak last season, he'd be behind Lindholm, Coleman, Backlund, Hubderdeau, Lewis in terms of SHTOI. I mean it does matter if Monahan is off the books, end of this seasons 6.375 in cap space or give up good assets and get 1.925 in cap space because they'd still be paying Dvorak to nearly 4.5M to put up 30 ish points in the bottom 6? Plenty of guys can do that while playing a more complete two way game and for a lot less $$, the Flames could go sign Sonny Milano, very similar P/60, way better possession numbers, less term, less $$, no need to give up assets, fits the bottom 6. None of it makes sense. Have you looked at his metrics last season? Sutter would beat him over the head if he showed up with those possession numbers. If Monahan bounces back great, if he's ailing like you're saying he could be then he'd be an excellent LTIR option for cap space at the deadline right? Either way he's gone after this year and the Flames aren't strapped to Dvorak when there are better options available for the next three seasons.
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
    Cap aside, you make the Zucker Poulin and a first deal?

Huberdeau killed more penalties than Dvorak last season, he'd be behind Lindholm, Coleman, Backlund, Hubderdeau, Lewis in terms of SHTOI. I mean it does matter if Monahan is off the books, end of this seasons 6.375 in cap space or give up good assets and get 1.925 in cap space because they'd still be paying Dvorak to nearly 4.5M to put up 30 ish points in the bottom 6? Plenty of guys can do that while playing a more complete two way game and for a lot less $$, the Flames could go sign Sonny Milano, very similar P/60, way better possession numbers, less term, less $$, no need to give up assets, fits the bottom 6. None of it makes sense. Have you looked at his metrics last season? Sutter would beat him over the head if he showed up with those possession numbers. If Monahan bounces back great, if he's ailing like you're saying he could be then he'd be an excellent LTIR option for cap space at the deadline right? Either way he's gone after this year and the Flames aren't strapped to Dvorak when there are better options available for the next three seasons.

It isn’t like you’re trading a high draft pick for Dvorak and Dadanov alone. Monahan’s contract is pretty bad and betting on him have a good season just doesn’t feel right or realistic. Having Dvorak would be a better option because you get more games out of him, on a pace of even just 70 games this past season Dvorak would’ve been putting up over 40 points easily. And in Calgary he can get even more considering the players you just named. Just cause he hasn’t put up 40+ points, it doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of it. 33 points on 56 games this past season. 31 in the full 56 game schedule last year. And before covid shut the remainder of the 2019-20 season Dvorak would’ve over 20 goals and 20 assists for sure. In the right situation he can put up that production and potentially better than that. So for a player of the capabilities to have that production of 40+ points and plays a decent two way game. $4.5M for a player like him seems about right. He’s 26 and right now is a more valuable player than Monahan. Doesn’t have any concerns for his future unlike Monahan. On a reasonable contract. And he’d be playing in a much better situation in Calgary rather than a failed Arizona team or a failed Montreal team. I really don’t know what your problem is with Dvorak. Not to mention if Montreal retains half of Dadanov’s cap hit, it can really make the deal a lot better for Calgary.
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
    It isn’t like you’re trading a high draft pick for Dvorak and Dadanov alone. Monahan’s contract is pretty bad and betting on him have a good season just doesn’t feel right or realistic. Having Dvorak would be a better option because you get more games out of him, on a pace of even just 70 games this past season Dvorak would’ve been putting up over 40 points easily. And in Calgary he can get even more considering the players you just named. Just cause he hasn’t put up 40+ points, it doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of it. 33 points on 56 games this past season. 31 in the full 56 game schedule last year. And before covid shut the remainder of the 2019-20 season Dvorak would’ve over 20 goals and 20 assists for sure. In the right situation he can put up that production and potentially better than that. So for a player of the capabilities to have that production of 40+ points and plays a decent two way game. $4.5M for a player like him seems about right. He’s 26 and right now is a more valuable player than Monahan. Doesn’t have any concerns for his future unlike Monahan. On a reasonable contract. And he’d be playing in a much better situation in Calgary rather than a failed Arizona team or a failed Montreal team. I really don’t know what your problem is with Dvorak. Not to mention if Montreal retains half of Dadanov’s cap hit, it can really make the deal a lot better for Calgary.

We'll try this again, have you looked at any of the possession metrics? Have you looked at what the Flames and their head coach value? It's a bad fit and it's not a guy the Flames should hitch their wagon to for the next three seasons. 6.375M in cap space next off season is more valuable to the Flames than Dvorak could be.
    Aug. 12, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
    We'll try this again, have you looked at any of the possession metrics? Have you looked at what the Flames and their head coach value? It's a bad fit and it's not a guy the Flames should hitch their wagon to for the next three seasons. 6.375M in cap space next off season is more valuable to the Flames than Dvorak could be.

The best free agent for Calgary next off season is Weegar and that’s it! $17M in cap space to re-sign Weegar. Easy. Free agent market isn’t looking so good down the middle. Most of the centres on expiring deals are more than likely to re-sign with their teams. The best luck you’d have is signing a poorly aging Teows if he doesn’t retire or re-signed by Chicago.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll