Forums/Armchair-GM

Miller to TOR

Created by: TysDeOreo
Team: 2023-24 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 19, 2022
Published: Aug. 19, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Let me know what you think but please do not be an A hole about it.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
2$2,400,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$6,500,000
Trades
VAN
  1. Robertson, Nicholas
  2. Sandin, Rasmus [RFA Rights]
  3. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
    JT Miller. Before 2023 trade deadline. %50 salary retained.
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$82,500,000$70,134,167$850,000$850,000$12,365,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $7,350,000$7,350,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $6,650,000$6,650,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $4,950,000$4,950,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $2,400,000$2,400,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    G
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
    I thought Dumba was a decent idea before you got rid of it!
    TysDeOreo liked this.
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Robertson is kinda meh now. Was overhyped and isn’t anything very special. We also already have a glut of wingers so no need. Sandin is good but we really don’t have any room for a small LHD.
    Knuckl3s liked this.
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
    Leafs can't afford to resign him so that is way way too much for a rental
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
    Rangers offered them Lundkvist, Chytil and a 1st last trade deadline and they declined. I think both of those players are more valauable than Robertson and Sandin with the Sandin vs Lundkvist being a little more arguable as to whos more valuable. It is for one less playoff run though, so Miller coming back for one less run is also less valuable. Depending on how far off the rangers deal was from the canucks pov it could be close. I think the Canucks would be a lot more interested if you switched out either knies for robertson or niemola for sandin or both and at that point might not even need to include the 1st.
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 7:40 p.m.
    Banned
    Way too much for a one year rental in Miller.

And besides Miller wants to play in the States long term, So he's not going to commit long term with Toronto.
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 8:08 p.m.
    Uh oh you included sandin
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 8:47 p.m.
    Quoting: FrannyMan1
    Rangers offered them Lundkvist, Chytil and a 1st last trade deadline and they declined. I think both of those players are more valauable than Robertson and Sandin with the Sandin vs Lundkvist being a little more arguable as to whos more valuable. It is for one less playoff run though, so Miller coming back for one less run is also less valuable. Depending on how far off the rangers deal was from the canucks pov it could be close. I think the Canucks would be a lot more interested if you switched out either knies for robertson or niemola for sandin or both and at that point might not even need to include the 1st.

Miller's Value is slowly declining not rising, the novelty of at least another year is gone & so is his value ceiling, I doubt the Rangers offer the same they did last year & doubt even more that the Leafs pay this for a guaranteed rental no matter how good that rental is
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
    The 1 True GM
    Quoting: Juiceman
    Robertson is kinda meh now. Was overhyped and isn’t anything very special. We also already have a glut of wingers so no need. Sandin is good but we really don’t have any room for a small LHD.

small???? So you know nothing about Sandin???
    Aug. 19, 2022 at 9:32 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Quoting: Sean4417
    small???? So you know nothing about Sandin???

He’s 5’11. You’re telling me he is not small?
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 1:21 a.m.
    Kster

Robertson is 20 years old and has led the ohl in both goals & points and produced at ppg level in ahl. He is not over hyped. And that’s rich coming from canuckle fans who literally over value every single player or prospect on the west coast. Your team is the definition of average yet everyone from Miller to Hoglander to Quinn is elite, or about to be elite tears of joy .
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 2:33 a.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Quoting: kster34
    Robertson is 20 years old and has led the ohl in both goals & points and produced at ppg level in ahl. He is not over hyped. And that’s rich coming from canuckle fans who literally over value every single player or prospect on the west coast. Your team is the definition of average yet everyone from Miller to Hoglander to Quinn is elite, or about to be elite tears of joy .

Hughes and Miller are elite. Hoglander is going through growing pains but all three are miles better than Robertson lmao. He isn’t even a point per game in the AHL.
    Knuckl3s liked this.
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 7:32 a.m.
    Kster
    Hughes and Miller are elite. Hoglander is going through growing pains but all three are miles better than Robertson lmao. He isn’t even a point per game in the AHL.

Robertson just posted 16/12 in 28 games last year in ahl. Even for canuckle fans, the math is pretty simple, that = ppg. Because we actually have elite superstar players (not canuckle delusional elite players squinty smile ) and a much better team ( we just finished 21 pts ahead of you in a much, much tougher division), we have let Rob develop in minors - where hoglander should have been last year.
    you’ve missed the playoffs 6 of the last 7 yet your prospect pool is still bottom 10 smirk
    Your goalie looks promising but d-corps is awful, OEL is top 10 worst contract in nhl (Myers honourable mention) , your forwards are literally average in a 32 team league and your best player is about to walk but keep on dreaming … hoglander will save you tears of joy
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Robertson just posted 16/12 in 28 games last year in ahl. Even for canuckle fans, the math is pretty simple, that = ppg. Because we actually have elite superstar players (not canuckle delusional elite players squinty smile ) and a much better team ( we just finished 21 pts ahead of you in a much, much tougher division), we have let Rob develop in minors - where hoglander should have been last year.
    you’ve missed the playoffs 6 of the last 7 yet your prospect pool is still bottom 10 smirk
    Your goalie looks promising but d-corps is awful, OEL is top 10 worst contract in nhl (Myers honourable mention) , your forwards are literally average in a 32 team league and your best player is about to walk but keep on dreaming … hoglander will save you tears of joy

Ain’t no way you just defended this trade by saying something completely irrelevant on how the Leafs are a better team 😂. How immature and delusional can you be? No wonder everyone knows Leafs fans are complete duds
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
    Kster
    Ain’t no way you just defended this trade by saying something completely irrelevant on how the Leafs are a better team 😂. How immature and delusional can you be? No wonder everyone knows Leafs fans are complete duds

Not defending any trade bud; I wouldn’t give up that much for a rental. I’m just pointing out how delusional canuckle fans are - it gets tiring trying to wade through your assertions about how good your thoroughly average players or your ridiculous JT Miller trade requests.
    And it does make me feel better to point how much better the leafs are than the canuckles 😎
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Not defending any trade bud; I wouldn’t give up that much for a rental. I’m just pointing out how delusional canuckle fans are - it gets tiring to wade through your assertions about how good your thoroughly average players or your ridiculous JT Miller trade requests.
    And it does make me feel better to point how much better the leafs are than the canuckles 😎

Tell me the list of teams the Leafs have won a series against in the playoffs in the last 15 years
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
    Kster
    Tell me the list of teams the Leafs have won a series against in the playoffs in the last 15 years

Hoglander to the rescue tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 9:41 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Hoglander to the rescue tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

What does Hoglander have anything to do with this trade? Now you’re just being unreasonable ignorant
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 10:12 p.m.
    Kster
    What does Hoglander have anything to do with this trade? Now you’re just being unreasonable ignorant

What you can take shots at leafs, but I can’t take shots at canucklessquinty smile ?
    Leafs are a top 5 team as things stand today; they have 2 superstars + 3 elite offensive players (Willy, jt & reilly) + some good complimentary pieces. So they are in no way forced to make any trade.
    Impossible to predict how season unfolds but barring any major surprises…
    At the deadline - if Miller is available, I would offer 1st + a prospect (not Robertson, Knies or Tiemela). If retention req’d add a pick for 3rd team. If that’s not enough for canuckles, we target another winger - live Jvr or pavelski, etc. dependent on which teams are in the race of course.
    We can also call up Knies.
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 10:30 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    What you can take shots at leafs, but I can’t take shots at canucklessquinty smile ?
    Leafs are a top 5 team as things stand today; they have 2 superstars + 3 elite offensive players (Willy, jt & reilly) + some good complimentary pieces. So they are in no way forced to make any trade.
    Impossible to predict how season unfolds but barring any major surprises…
    At the deadline - if Miller is available, I would offer 1st + a prospect (not Robertson, Knies or Tiemela). If retention req’d add a pick for 3rd team. If that’s not enough for canuckles, we target another winger - live Jvr or pavelski, etc. dependent on which teams are in the race of course.
    We can also call up Knies.

I only took a shot at the Leafs because you did first

For your trade proposal: a first and a prospect, but no good prospects? You have no good prospects outside those you mentioned. So basically a first and a bad prospect? Yeah sure. How about we give him to you for free? Dubas literally traded a first round pick and a fourth round pick for Nick Foligno. Nick Foligno didn’t put up 99 points the season prior. You’re just delusional if you think you’re getting a star player for barely anything.
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 10:53 p.m.
    Kster
    I only took a shot at the Leafs because you did first

For your trade proposal: a first and a prospect, but no good prospects? You have no good prospects outside those you mentioned. So basically a first and a bad prospect? Yeah sure. How about we give him to you for free? Dubas literally traded a first round pick and a fourth round pick for Nick Foligno. Nick Foligno didn’t put up 99 points the season prior. You’re just delusional if you think you’re getting a star player for barely anything.

Star “rental” player - you seem to keep forgetting to mention that. This is apparently one of the deepest drafts in years, so the 1st alone is valuable. You’re one of the guys that keeps pumping hoglander (who was 2nd round pick and never a top tier prospect)… So there is value in mid level prospects. Leafs have much better farm system than you - lots of decent prospects to pick from - hirvonen, minten, holmberg. But if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. We’ll be fine and can target a more reasonable winger, if even needed.
    But As TDL approaches pressure will revert to canuckles b/c I predict you’ll be a bubble team (not enough goals in that lineup combined with porous d) and Miller is going to walk. What will you gm do 🧐?
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 10:55 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    Star “rental” player - you seem to keep forgetting to mention that. This is apparently one of the deepest drafts in years, so the 1st alone is valuable. You’re one of the guys that keeps pumping hoglander (who was 2nd round pick and never a top tier prospect)… So there is value in mid level prospects. Leafs have much better farm system than you - lots of decent prospects to pick from - hirvonen, minten, holmberg. But if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. We’ll be fine and can target a more reasonable winger, if even needed.
    But As TDL approaches pressure will revert to canuckles b/c I predict you’ll be a bubble team (not enough goals in that lineup combined with porous d) and Miller is going to walk. What will you gm do 🧐?

No I did not forget he is a rental. Rentals get overplayed all the time though. Just ask Kyle Dubas.
    Aug. 20, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
    Kster
    No I did not forget he is a rental. Rentals get overplayed all the time though. Just ask Kyle Dubas.

Maybe one day your gm will have to make the tough call on what assets to trade add at deadline (rather than selling) for the playoffs… but looking at your lineup and prospect pool, it could be a while.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll