SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
Thats the thing that annoys me with Horvat. He is on an absolute tear right now and will cost an ungodly amount. Even if he werent shooting at a staggering 23%, I think he would be a great fit

In general Horvat fits with almost every competitor but for most pure rental as he is gonna make over 8mill 100%

I want someone u got a chance of extending or is on a nice deal

Someone like Dvorak, Ellers, Laughton, etc.

Wonder if MTL still has Dvorak available
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:01 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
image.png?width=871&height=905

Man, it doesn’t sound good at all for Rodion. Praying that he beats this and can just have a healthy LONG life
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:07 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
In general Horvat fits with almost every competitor but for most pure rental as he is gonna make over 8mill 100%

I want someone u got a chance of extending or is on a nice deal

Someone like Dvorak, Ellers, Laughton, etc.

Wonder if MTL still has Dvorak available

Like for me if the price is right get Eller and Jensen and go

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Eller-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Malgin

Rielly-Jensen
Sandin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:08 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Wonder who a really good top 6 forward could be

🤦‍♂️
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
Go leafs go
Not usually a fan of the hockey writers, but in an article I just read about potential leafs trades with the jets they proposed Brendan Dillon for Kerfoot. I don’t know how good Dillon has been this year but honestly I would kind of like that trade. Demelo would be preferred since he is a RD but I can’t see Winnipeg giving him up. The other two trades in the article were Poink plus for Nylander, which of course is total nonsense, and Heinola for picks, which wouldn’t be terrible, but I’d rather spend those picks elsewhere as we would be looking at probably a first.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan

🤦‍♂️

Was angry about that then and still am.
Like we objectively did well in the expansion draft and still found a way to lose. Figures.

I was saying forever that we should lose holl to exploit the surplus value of extra forwards - and I THOUGHT THATS WHAT THEY WERE DOING WHEN THEY GOT MCCANN!!! They siked me out and its blown up.

That being said we probably couldnt afford him these days
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Like we objectively did well in the expansion draft and still found a way to lose. Figures.

I was saying forever that we should lose holl to exploit the surplus value of extra forwards - and I THOUGHT THATS WHAT THEY WERE DOING WHEN THEY GOT MCCANN!!! They siked me out and its blown up.

We were never gonna be able to keep McCann beyond last year and we have 0 idea how he would have done could have been another Nick Ritchie for us

Great on one team and disappears on another

Its great to be in the what if but we are in the now
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

For me personally, it was Kyle’s worst decision as a GM. I’ll give a pass on Marchment trade, the Foligno trade, might get heat for this one but resigning Rielly.

They would have found a way to keep McCann IMO
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
Go leafs go

🤦‍♂️

We were never gonna be able to keep McCann beyond last year and we have 0 idea how he would have done could have been another Nick Ritchie for us

Great on one team and disappears on another

Its great to be in the what if but we are in the now

This is one I don’t know why people are mad about it.

It was clear when the trade happened that the trade was made so that the leafs wouldn’t lose anyone. It was a good idea. In hindsight, obviously it would have been better to go 7-3-1 instead of 4-4-1 but it is what it is. Not that disappointing about losing McCann as they wouldn’t be able to afford him.
aadoyle liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
For me personally, it was Kyle’s worst decision as a GM. I’ll give a pass on Marchment trade, the Foligno trade, might get heat for this one but resigning Rielly.

They would have found a way to keep McCann IMO

Okay thats too far.
Foligno was awful and everyone but him knew it
Marchment was fine and I dont blame him for Mo either.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf

It was clear when the trade happened that the trade was made so that the leafs wouldn’t lose anyone. It was a good idea. In hindsight, obviously it would have been better to go 7-3-1 instead of 4-4-1 but it is what it is. Not that disappointing about losing McCann as they wouldn’t be able to afford him.

You trade Kerfoot and don’t sign Ritchie 🤷‍♂️
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Not hindsight i was all over that **** at the time
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:27 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Okay thats too far.
Foligno was awful and everyone but him knew it
Marchment was fine and I dont blame him for Mo either.

Foligno was the right target and yes an overpays but that happens at the TDL especially if multiple teams are involved. He just got injured (possibly was already injured)
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I remember being so relieved when that video leaked of the guys saying "Forward Alex Kerfoot", only to have my heart ripped out the very next day. That's probably the angriest I had felt towards Kyle since trading Kadri
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I remember being so relieved when that video leaked of the guys saying "Forward Alex Kerfoot", only to have my heart ripped out the very next day. That's probably the angriest I had felt towards Kyle since trading Kadri

No id have kept kerf too though. And gotten another forward a la McCann to really maximise the value
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:32 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

No id have kept kerf too though. And gotten another forward a la McCann to really maximise the value

With how SEA picked there roster, if the Leafs went 7-3-1 it wouldn’t have surprised me if they took Dermott or Joey Anderson.

cut.png
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

In general lets say we kept him our team would be weaker in the bottom 6 anyways

I got a feeling a move is coming that will bring in a D and 3c. As Knies will be the scoring wing we need

As to who 0 idea

Still I think if they can get Jarnkrok going were set. This guy can give you 15+ goals but I feel Keefe is not playing him right
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
With how SEA picked there roster, if the Leafs went 7-3-1 it wouldn’t have surprised me if they took Dermott or Joey Anderson.

cut.png

Naw it was common knowledge theyd have taken Holl, but even if it was those other guys who cares lol
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

cut.png

Hakstol and Dermott hated each other would have probs been Holl as he loved that guy
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If Nashville decides tear it down Granlund would be fun

And we were linked to him and there was mutual interest.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
You trade Kerfoot and don’t sign Ritchie 🤷‍♂️

Still doesn’t really work though. With Muzzin out now yes but it wouldn’t have worked to start the season.

Fair enough, for me I was fine with it at the time.

To be honest, the only 2 trades of Dubas’ I HATED right from the start are Foligno and Murray. Every other one I have at least been fine with. Most of his trades are fine at the start and then become “hindsight is 2020” trades. Kind of annoying.
Messier99 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
If Nashville decides tear it down Granlund would be fun

And we were linked to him and there was mutual interest.

Another guy who im not sure about contract wise - although there are some preds whod be interesting.

But will they rebuild? They seem dead set against it for a long time now
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Still doesn’t really work though. With Muzzin out now yes but it wouldn’t have worked to start the season.

Fair enough, for me I was fine with it at the time.

To be honest, the only 2 trades of Dubas’ I HATED right from the start are Foligno and Murray. Every other one I have at least been fine with. Most of his trades are fine at the start and then become “hindsight is 2020” trades. Kind of annoying.

I was mostly okay with the Murray trade - just uncomfortable with the amount of risk due to not enough retention. So far (when healthy) he has been fine
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Another guy who im not sure about contract wise - although there are some preds whod be interesting.

But will they rebuild? They seem dead set against it for a long time now

If Nashville decides **** it might be able to get some retention

As really where are they going. They are in that spot no team wants to be. I call it meh. To good to tank but not good enough to compete

Got to think if they continue like this Ownership gonna say **** it im done blow it up. Kind of like we saw Utah Jazz do
Nov. 17, 2022 at 11:38 p.m.
Go leafs go
I was mostly okay with the Murray trade - just uncomfortable with the amount of risk due to not enough retention. So far (when healthy) he has been fine

I’ve warmed up to it a bit but I still think that the leafs should have gone another route, or at least gotten 50% retention, because let’s be honest, 3.25 looks way better then 4.67.
MatthewsFan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll