SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:01 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I'd put more stock into his previous seasons where he has a legitimately good track record rather than 250mins on this god awful CBJ team.

Still though, even though I like the player, I just don't see how it qmakes sense to go for a LD and force Sandin to the right.

This right there
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I honestly say go get one of these 2.

Rielly-Murphy just makes sense to me.

McCabe can play both sides and man in Buffalo this guy somehow made Ristolinen look decent
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: aadoyle

Murphys contract scares me and idk if McCabe can play right - also contract too. If thats our only option then sure but id keep looking.

And again - we need to dedicate more $$ up front as a first priority
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:06 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Murphys contract scares me and idk if McCabe can play right - also contract too. If thats our only option then sure but id keep looking.

And again - we need to dedicate more $$ up front as a first priority

McCabe is playing RD in chicago rn

If Toronto plays its cards right we can do a trade that also sends a Chicago forward.

To bad they in a playoff spot Demelo just makes SO MUCH SENSE
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:08 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
McCabe is playing RD in chicago rn

If Toronto plays its cards right we can do a trade that also sends a Chicago forward.

To bad they in a playoff spot Demelo just makes SO MUCH SENSE

Unless that forward is Raddysh (assuming he didnt rape anyone) im not interested. Dont hate demelo either but ehh. Id go bargain bin shopping on d and focus on forwards. We need that more than a 4 mil #4Dman
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Unless that forward is Raddysh (assuming he didnt rape anyone) im not interested. Dont hate demelo either but ehh. Id go bargain bin shopping on d and focus on forwards. We need that more than a 4 mil #4Dman

If thats the case there is a deal I have been exploring that involves Vancouver

Garland and Schenn to Toronto for 2023 1st + Kerfoot and 2 prospects (not named Knies)

U then can run

Garland-Matthews-Nylander
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Holmberg-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Malgin

Rielly-Schenn
Sandin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:13 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
If thats the case there is a deal I have been exploring that involves Vancouver

Garland and Schenn to Toronto for 2023 1st + Kerfoot and 2 prospects (not named Knies)

I really like Garland. Dont want schenn though unless he comes real cheap (like a b prospect at most).

Ive seen Canucks fans selling Garland off for way less than you have here (as low as a 2nd) so i wonder what his actual value is
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I really like Garland. Dont want schenn though unless he comes real cheap (like a b prospect at most).

Ive seen Canucks fans selling Garland off for way less than you have here (as low as a 2nd) so i wonder what his actual value is

Garland to me probs gonna go for a bit of value as honestly the guys been good

Now if they do sell low great but I feel its gonna be a tad expensive to get him as that deal is pretty friendly and if he plays with Matthews and Nylander or Tavares-Marner he could hit new high point totals

As for Schenn probs could make him a cheap throw in like we did with Blackwell in the Gio deal
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:17 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Now if they do sell low great but I feel its gonna be a tad expensive to get him as that deal is pretty friendly and if he plays with Matthews and Nylander or Tavares-Marner he could hit new high point totals

As for Schenn probs could make him a cheap throw in like we did with Blackwell in the Gio deal

Garland isnt really a counting stats guy so id bet we could get him way undervalue. Ive said I dont want to move our 1st but i would for him.

Anyway wed need to send out kerf to make the money work so that might complicate things/change the value. Should have sold high on him...
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

The only other idea is Kulikov + Vatrano which im not a fan of for the D as when Kulikov struggles he makes Holl look good
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Garland isnt really a counting stats guy so id bet we could get him way undervalue. Ive said I dont want to move our 1st but i would for him.

Anyway wed need to send out kerf to make the money work so that might complicate things/change the value. Should have sold high on him...

I would move our 1st for anyone with term. If its someone with 2 years or more do it. As years of control make up for a pick thats probs gonna be in the low 20's or 32nd
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:19 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
The only other idea is Kulikov + Vatrano which im not a fan of for the D as when Kulikov struggles he makes Holl look good

Kulikov and Garland would be fine by me assuming we get a good price.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Kulikov and Garland would be fine by me assuming we get a good price.

I feel if a trade is made its gonna be with one team for a forward and D (kind of like what we did with Gio + Blackwell or Dzingel and Lybushkin)

To me the Van trade works as u get rid of Kerfoot upgrade over him and get a useable D who brings some toughness.

Another team is Washington but man if they asking for a 1st and 3rd for Jensen and Sheary who are UFA's yeah Im gonna wait to sign them in FA (no seriously I want those two next year lul)
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I feel if a trade is made its gonna be with one team for a forward and D (kind of like what we did with Gio + Blackwell or Dzingel and Lybushkin)

To me the Van trade works as u get rid of Kerfoot upgrade over him and get a useable D who brings some toughness.

Schenn is so slow though and our ds biggest issue is foot speed and getting beat off the rush
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Schenn is so slow though and our ds biggest issue is foot speed and getting beat off the rush

I feel Brodie will help but yeah the issue is nobody out there rn fits that. Unless an unexpected D becomes available I feel it might be someone who helps in one area but not another

Kind of like what we saw out of Lybushkin. Man I miss him lul
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I feel Brodie will help but yeah the issue is nobody out there rn fits that. Unless an unexpected D becomes available I feel it might be someone who helps in one area but not another

Kind of like what we saw out of Lybushkin. Man I miss him lul

He has been awful in buffalo. So much so thats he is a healthy scratch despite their d sucking.

Dont miss him at all
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
He has been awful in buffalo. So much so thats he is a healthy scratch despite their d sucking.

Dont miss him at all

Yeah in Buffalo terrible but in Toronto he worked really well with Sandin and Rielly. Guess the fit wasnt there kind of like what we saw with Ritchie

Like I feel if he stayed we would be happy with him as he would either be working well with Sandin or just allow Rielly to do his thing.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:30 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Dont miss him at all

I dont understand why people loved Lyubushkin so much. He is worse than Justin Holl in my opinion, he just threw a few big hits and made people forget about his shortcomings.
Random2152 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
I dont understand why people loved Lyubushkin so much. He is worse than Justin Holl in my opinion, he just threw a few big hits and made people forget about his shortcomings.

In Toronto the man was fun. Laying out big hits, clearing bodies in front of the net. His only downside passing. Guy was not the best but when he and Rielly played together man it was a nice pairing. And he and Sandin also werent to shabby

Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:42 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Just give me scoring, it’s been like this for far too long. We can be so easy to play against. Especially once the playoffs start, we are so easy to beat. Teams go hard and protect the house and pretty much neutralize the core 4.

Bunting - 44 PT pace (I’m confident he will pick it up)
Kerfoot - 29 PT pace
Jarnkrok - 24 PT pace
Engvall - 15 PT pace

This is fukcin terrible. But yes, let’s fix the D.

Robertson NEEDS to be playing so the Leafs can find out what they actually have in him. The kid is a goal scorer, free him. Give him the opportunity to fail or succeed.

Knies should hopefully come after his season is over to be a possible addition to the bottom six. Not saying he will be a saviour but it’s something.

In a best case scenario you package Robertson (with the depth they have on LW coming he kinda is expendable unless he shows us differently) with Kerfoot and a pick to bring in a top 6 forward.

They need a 3C so bad. The 4th line is perfect. And once Brodie is back honestly a depth D is really all the need.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Just give me scoring, it’s been like this for far too long. We can be so easy to play against. Especially once the playoffs start, we are so easy to beat. Teams go hard and protect the house and pretty much neutralize the core 4.

Kerfoot - 29 PT pace
Jarnkrok - 24 PT pace
Engvall - 15 PT pace

Robertson NEEDS to be playing so the Leafs can find out what they actually have in him. The kid is a goal scorer, free him. Give him the opportunity to fail or succeed.

Knies should hopefully come after his season is over to be a possible addition to the bottom six. Not saying he will be a saviour but it’s something.

In a best case scenario you package Robertson (with the depth they have on LW coming he kinda is expendable unless he shows us differently) with Kerfoot and a pick to bring in a top 6 forward.

They need a 3C so bad. The 4th line is perfect. And once Brodie is back honestly a depth D is really all the need.

I feel Keefe aint using Jarnkrok right. I watched this guy in Nashville and Seattle and he looked way better. Maybe hes a 2nd half streak candidate where hes just gonna give us points and goals like its no tomorrow

Like in Nashville and SEA Jarnkrok was on the second line using his speed to get some nice goals. In Toronto Keefe is just going hey do this when thats not his thing

Engvall can be moved first and if u can find a PK backup C for Garland then Kerfoot

But in general we dont want to be a team that scores our problems away we can replace these guys with better forwards but in a tight playoff series we need the D to also be good.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:47 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Kerfoot - 29 PT pace
Jarnkrok - 24 PT pace
Engvall - 15 PT pace

With Keefe's handling of Robertson, Im not confident Knies will be the answer. I love him, but he is still young. We need a bonified top 6 forward. Kerfoot and Bunting arent cutting it. A guy like Garland would be awesome. It would allow for a much deeper lineup:

Garland - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Bunting - New 3C* - Jarnkrok
Aston Reese - Kampf - Malgin

Rielly - Liljegren
Sandin - Brodie
Gio - Holl

EDIT: Or you swing a big trade for Horvat and run

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Tavares - Horvat - Robertson

* - Pontus Holmberg maybe
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:49 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Nathaniel
With Keefe's handling of Robertson, Im not confident Knies will be the answer. I love him, but he is still young. We need a bonified top 6 forward. Kerfoot and Bunting arent cutting it. A guy like Garland would be awesome. It would allow for a much deeper lineup:

Garland - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander

Rielly - Liljegren
Sandin - Brodie
Gio - Holl

EDIT: Or you swing a big trade for Horvat and run

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Tavares - Horvat - Robertson

* - Pontus Holmberg maybe

Horvat is on a % bender. Buyer beware
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:51 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Horvat is on a % bender. Buyer beware

Thats the thing that annoys me with Horvat. He is on an absolute tear right now and will cost an ungodly amount. Even if he werent shooting at a staggering 23%, I think he would be a great fit
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 10:56 p.m.
Amirov Forever
image.png?width=871&height=905
MatthewsFan, Saskleaf and Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll