SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

Nov. 26, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I like the options but dont see Chycrun being needed rn

To me Meier is doable but I feel hes gonna sign a deal very close to 10mill (8.5mill +).

Would also add Garland and Niederreiter to the list
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:01 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle

I like the options but dont see Chycrun being needed rn

To me Meier is doable but I feel hes gonna sign a deal very close to 10mill (8.5mill +).

Would also add Garland and Niederreiter to the list

I think what we need is a true top 6 forward that plays with a bit of an edge. Meier, Garland, and Niederreiter all fit that archetypes, but I doubt Garland or Nino are on the block. Nino is newly signed and Nashville is evidently trying to make a push. Garland has a ton of term and has a very reasonable cap hit which is a recipe for disaster if you're a buyer considering the market for guys like that is Heaven and Earth. Meier on the otherhand is very doable in my opinion. Toronto has some pretty decent young pieces that can be moved, and we still have quite a bit of high draft stock that could be moved. Then next season you can afford to pay him ~8 mil (Think Fiala's deal) and wait for the cap to increase which is supposedly going to be substantial over even just the next 2 years. We have a multitude of young, NHL ready players all playing on their ELCs that could be called up to make an impact. Just imagine a lineup of:

Meier - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Nylander
Steeves - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Aston Reese - Kampf - Player X (Max Ellis maybe)

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Timmins

Samsonov
Murray

Losing Bunting would be a tough pill to swallow, but Meier brings everything Bunting does and more. Plus, San Jose probably can't afford Meier considering all the money they have locked up long term, so may as well move him for futures.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:53 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
For the first time in a while Leafs woke up and chose violence as man they really are outplaying Pittsburgh rn. Need to tighten up a bit more defensively but so far so good
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Without Desmith Leafs would be up 5-0 on Pittsburgh rn
Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Holmberg has honestly impressed me and I feel he can be our 3/4c for the season
palhal liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I called it all the way back in August
MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

I was just going to write about Holmberg. He certainly has adjusted from being mostly a LWer in Sweden into a solid (so far) NHL centre.
I may have this wrong, but didn't the Leafs who didn't have a 6th rounder in Holmberg draft year, traded for for sixth (by giving up a sixth the following year) so Leafs could draft Holmberg.
Either way, great drafting by the Leafs.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
I was just going to write about Holmberg. He certainly has adjusted from being mostly a LWer in Sweden into a solid (so far) NHL centre.
I may have this wrong, but didn't the Leafs who didn't have a 6th rounder in Holmberg draft year, traded for for sixth (by giving up a sixth the following year) so Leafs could draft Holmberg.

When leafs trade up u know there is a special guy out there and this was one of them

His playoff performance to win the SHL cup caught my attention (Also beat Seider in the finals lul)

Cant wait to see more
palhal liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:06 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Leafs are making what we need at the TDL more and more difficult

As we be like they need top 6 LW

Jarnkrok be going hey I can do that and has looked really good with Tavares-Marner

They need 3c

Holmberg so far be going hey I can do that

My only thing is maybe move Kerfoot for an upgrade but everything else just works. Heck maybe that guy is Knies so maybe just move Kerfoot for a pick

Oh and forgot the D. Will be waiting for Timmins as maybe hes a solution long term
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:07 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: palhal

Yes, and it was a sneaky good trade.

That 6th was the 1st of the round, and the leafs pick was late
palhal and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Dominate a team and yet that team gets a fortunate bounce goal....

Hockey Gods why u hate us

Kallgren should have a shutout
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
What a pass by Bunting to set up Matthews

5 on 5 and he scored forehand

GIMMIE MORE
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
That was arguably Leafs best game of the season to bad hockey gods said **** u Kallgren no shutout but hey good game
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:46 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I want Robertson in this lineup badly but I really like these lines. I’d be ok to see them get an extended look.

Alex Kerfoot does absolutely nothing for me but until he is traded, big if, hard to see Robertson getting in.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:54 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
That was arguably Leafs best game of the season to bad hockey gods said **** u Kallgren no shutout but hey good game

Is it too early to dunk on your anti-Sandin posts?
He has been killing it (lily too).

Actually Holl and Gio have been fantastic as well
Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Is it too early to dunk on your anti-Sandin posts?
He has been killing it (lily too).

Actually Holl and Gio have been fantastic as well

Sandin has finally woke up. I was getting very concerned but it seems Reilly, Muzzin, and Brodie going down was what he needed

As man before he just looked awful especially in the Dzone with grade A giveaways

But im glad hes changed for the better as if he was playing like he did a few weeks ago I would be going "we may need to look at bringing someone in"

Gio-Holl has worked but sometimes Holl does things that make me go why. Puck squirting past him like soap in a zone keep in. Either way so far so good.

Would like to see Timmins get some games
Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
hmmm just pondering

Lets say Dubas just trades away Kerfoot for a pick

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Holmberg-Robertson
ZAR-Kampf-Engvall

Idk about you but the kid line for Toronto sounds fun and we invented the term

D is tricky as I do agree with Dangle that a Muzzin like Dman is something I would want to see come playoff time as it is good to have a physical presence on the blue line who can also score and defend
Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:25 p.m.
Go leafs go
hmmm just pondering

Lets say Dubas just trades away Kerfoot for a pick

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Holmberg-Robertson
ZAR-Kampf-Engvall

Idk about you but the kid line for Toronto sounds fun and we invented the term

D is tricky as I do agree with Dangle that a Muzzin like Dman is something I would want to see come playoff time as it is good to have a physical presence on the blue line who can also score and defend

No need to rush Knies. I’d put Engvall or Kerfoot on that line and trade the other, and keep Malgin on the 4th line.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
No need to rush Knies. I’d put Engvall or Kerfoot on that line and trade the other, and keep Malgin on the 4th line.

There really isnt a need to rush as most likely his NCAA team is going to the finals so he will be in later like way after the TDL

But I got a feeling as soon as hes done hes coming to play as Leafs management really tried to bring him last year so they see him as someone who can contribute at the NHL level and honestly I can see it here and there
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:58 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
FiiHesJXkAAreEr?format=jpg&name=large

163bc9f7-d762-4940-96db-70c5b15386bc_text.gif
Nov. 26, 2022 at 11:16 p.m.
Go leafs go
There really isnt a need to rush as most likely his NCAA team is going to the finals so he will be in later like way after the TDL

But I got a feeling as soon as hes done hes coming to play as Leafs management really tried to bring him last year so they see him as someone who can contribute at the NHL level and honestly I can see it here and there

I don’t want to burn a year off his ELC. I’d be fine to see him play his 9 games but ideally don’t burn the year of his ELC unless he’s turned into like a top 6 player or something.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 11:18 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: MatthewsFan
FiiHesJXkAAreEr?format=jpg&name=large

163bc9f7-d762-4940-96db-70c5b15386bc_text.gif

As much as it’s obvious Dubas is trying his hardest to keep Kerfoot, I don’t see how he remains a leaf after the deadline. He just doesn’t seem to have a place in the lineup.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
As much as it’s obvious Dubas is trying his hardest to keep Kerfoot, I don’t see how he remains a leaf after the deadline. He just doesn’t seem to have a place in the lineup.

The one thing he does is backup Kampf as a penalty killing Center. He reminds me of Mikheyev from 2 years ago million chances but just cant connect or bury them

I do think he gets packaged off for someone but as to who 0 idea

Then again I have seen players have **** first half of the season then just tear up the second half maybe he does that who knows seasons still not at the half way mark
Nov. 26, 2022 at 11:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I don’t want to burn a year off his ELC. I’d be fine to see him play his 9 games but ideally don’t burn the year of his ELC unless he’s turned into like a top 6 player or something.

Oh its happening

Leafs wanted him last year to come we all know they give 0 ****s about it. And they really shouldnt as if he can come in and make an impact go for it. As like Bunting who knows he may work his way up there
Nov. 26, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
Go leafs go
The one thing he does is backup Kampf as a penalty killing Center. He reminds me of Mikheyev from 2 years ago million chances but just cant connect or bury them

I do think he gets packaged off for someone but as to who 0 idea

Then again I have seen players have **** first half of the season then just tear up the second half maybe he does that who knows seasons still not at the half way mark

I hope he tears it up in the second half but in the few games I've watched this year I haven't even noticed him. Hasn't impressed me at all so far.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll