SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Edmonton Oilers

The Oilers most underrated prospect

Dec. 4, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
I make typos
I was reading the Athletics Edmonton Oilers top 20 prospects list, winter 2022 list the other day and I something interesting was that Lowetide ranked 2020 5th rounder 138th overall Maxim Beryozkin 5th, above guys like Tullio, Savoie, Petrov and Kesselring. After I read this I decided to read up on Beryozkin and watch some clips of him to educate myself on him and he defiantly is a intriguing prospect although a part of me has a hard time seeing him come over to NA since. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come NA at all because Russians are like that sometimes or plays a bit for Bakersfield and then goes back to Russia because that seems to happen to a lot of Russian Oilers prospects.

this is what Athletic had to say about Maxim Beryozkin "Berezkin is an attractive prospect. He’s 6-foot-3, 216 pounds, has a power forward’s approach to the game and is making progress as a player. The two concerns are foot speed (can he play in the NHL?) and the Oilers’ ability to sign this player. In spite of spending multiple picks on Russians playing in Russia, Edmonton rarely has success with players from this country.Even when the player signs in North America, the window to make the NHL is small and there’s a chance the player will simply return to the KHL. Konovalov is the most recent example.
Math suggests Edmonton got a good one in Berezkin. He’s a power forward with an edge and real skill. He might play for the Oilers in the next 24 months, or he may never play a game in North America. A major risk-reward prospect for the Oilers."
CD282 liked this.
Dec. 4, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
I make typos
@BeterChiarelli @Zmach @CD282, what are your thoughts on Maxim Beryozkin?
Dec. 4, 2022 at 9:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: oilersguy
BeterChiarelli Zmach CD282, what are your thoughts on Maxim Beryozkin?

Thanks on your insight on this prospect. One trouble with Russians, is they don't like making 80,000 dollars playing in the AHL but would prefer to stay in Russia even its in their "American League" the VHL. Sometimes it's tough to convince them to come to North American for no short term financial benefit.
oilersguy liked this.
Dec. 4, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: palhal
Thanks on your insight on this prospect. One trouble with Russians, is they don't like making 80,000 dollars playing in the AHL but would prefer to stay in Russia even its in their "American League" the VHL. Sometimes it's tough to convince them to come to North American for no short term financial benefit.

yeah as well as they get to be close to their family and culture and get to play for their hometown team and other stuff like that, this is definitely the risk teams with Russian Prospects, but if a Russian guy would rather say in Russia then come to NA with that is going on right now idk if I'd want that guy on my team anyways
palhal liked this.
Dec. 5, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
BeterChiarelli Zmach CD282, what are your thoughts on Maxim Beryozkin?

He's intriguing for sure, but I'd have to see him in NA before making a call. I was hoping the organization would sign him this past summer so we could see him in AHL this season, but they didn't. Maybe next year.
oilersguy liked this.
Dec. 5, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
Pistol Pete
I dont think they qualify him and he ends up playing in Dallas.
oilersguy liked this.
Dec. 5, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: Zmach

I will never forgive management for not signing Matej Blumel, how was he not worth more then a contract spot in their eyes
Dec. 5, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Pistol Pete
I will never forgive management for not signing Matej Blumel, how was he not worth more then a contract spot in their eyes

it honestly just sounds like he didnt want to play for edmonton. The agent may have even mislead them and they didnt want to do the paperwork if he wasnt coming to play in bakersfield.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: Zmach

They own his rights indefinitely.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
He's intriguing for sure, but I'd have to see him in NA before making a call. I was hoping the organization would sign him this past summer so we could see him in AHL this season, but they didn't. Maybe next year.

To follow up on this: Berezkin is under contract until April 30, 2025, so he's not coming over until then at the earliest.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll