24$83,500,000$77,314,166$0$4,050,000$6,185,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 29, 2022 at 8:01 a.m.
Be formless
I don't see Mateychuk making the roster over Jiricek. I know there are a ton of RHD, but I think Jarmo is bound to move out one or two of them next summer when it's looking like Jiricek is taking a roster spot.

That's a lot of money for Bjork, even on a one-year deal. We'll see. There's a lot of games left to play.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
Quoting: Hockey_Mind
I don't see Mateychuk making the roster over Jiricek. I know there are a ton of RHD, but I think Jarmo is bound to move out one or two of them next summer when it's looking like Jiricek is taking a roster spot.

That's a lot of money for Bjork, even on a one-year deal. We'll see. There's a lot of games left to play.

I felt the same about Mateychuk but with a minimum contract at LD that leaves a full roster w 4M in space... what do you think about the rest of it? Trade Bjork as RFA?
Dec. 29, 2022 at 8:48 a.m.
Be formless
Edited Dec. 29, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: TheeDjeeEem
I felt the same about Mateychuk but with a minimum contract at LD that leaves a full roster w 4M in space... what do you think about the rest of it? Trade Bjork as RFA?

As of now, it looks to me like Berni would be re-signed at around 1-1.5m on a 1-2 year deal to play the 3rd LD pair over Mateychuk. Mateychuk is going to be really good, but he needs to play in the AHL first to prove he can produce consistently and hold up against grown men.

I think Bjork can be had on a 1-2 year deal for 1m or maybe slightly more if he plays well the rest of the way, though wouldn't be opposed to trading his rights if someone was really interested.

I'd move Marchenko to his (preferred) left wing.

Move Voracek to LTIR with his lingering concussion symptoms.

Put Kent Johnson in the middle

Roslovic on the right wing.

I'd rather start Blankenburg than Gudbranson if he's healthy.

Scratch Foudy and put Danforth in the lineup.

Re-sign Olivier on a 1 or 2 year deal around 1m to be a healthy scratch.

There is also a decent chance Texier comes back and slots into the middle-6 somewhere.
Bluejackets2000 liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
Personally, I think the Jackets cannot wait for development of Johnson or Sillinger to take over 1C/2C duties.
The problems they are having at scoring/defense are resulting from the middle of the ice, starting at C, as well as D and G position.
Jenner is not getting any younger, Sillinger is in a sophmore slump, and Roslovic is very hit or miss (mostly miss).
It would be a bonus to have Voracek back next year for his puck control and passing skills from the RW position, but that is a big uncertainty.
Foudy and Bemstrom need a scenery change, they just are not going to get any better or advance in Columbus.
With the injuries and upcoming grind of heavy schedule the rest of the way (49 games in 106 days) ...they will finish bottom 5 in the league.
Next year's draft will be deep enough to get an impact player even at #5, so I would expect them to take the best Center with their 1st round pick.
They may need to sign/trade for an experienced two-way center to help with the depth.
Bjork is a pleasant surprise, and it will be interesting to see how the defense develops over the next couple of years.
Don't count out Blankenburg, even undersized, he has a unique vision of the ice and high compete level, so he may stay in the mix for awhile.
Finally, in Goal I just don't think Elvis is the answer long term, they just may have to move on.
He may have been at one time, but the Kivlenieks accident really did mess him up a bit.
He just cannot seem to stand tall when needed in net during those rare close games to give the Jackets a chance.
Hockey_Soul and Ajp_18 liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
As of now, it looks to me like Berni would be re-signed at around 1-1.5m on a 1-2 year deal to play the 3rd LD pair over Mateychuk. Mateychuk is going to be really good, but he needs to play in the AHL first to prove he can produce consistently and hold up against grown men.

I think Bjork can be had on a 1-2 year deal for 1m or maybe slightly more if he plays well the rest of the way, though wouldn't be opposed to trading his rights if someone was really interested.

I'd move Marchenko to his (preferred) left wing.

Move Voracek to LTIR with his lingering concussion symptoms.

Put Kent Johnson in the middle

Roslovic on the right wing.

I'd rather start Blankenburg than Gudbranson if he's healthy.

Scratch Foudy and put Danforth in the lineup.

Re-sign Olivier on a 1 or 2 year deal around 1m to be a healthy scratch.

There is also a decent chance Texier comes back and slots into the middle-6 somewhere.

Voracek is donezo next year?

Roslo not more valuable as 3C?

Gudbranson that bad?
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Be formless
Voracek is donezo next year?

Roslo not more valuable as 3C?

Gudbranson that bad?

Quite possibly, but not guaranteed.

Roslovic has gotten many opportunities at center and hasn't been able to play consistent. I think Johnson, Jenner and Sillinger are better options. Ros can still go to the middle in an injury pinch.

Not bad enough to buy out next year. He's worth having in the room for his experience and reliability. I think he's a good mentor and fill-in guy still. But yes, the contract is horrid and will probably be bought out after next season if Jiricek and Blankenburg pan out - which I believe they will - probably causing Boqvist to also be traded. Bjork is looking like a solid 7-8 RHD too.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
Be formless
Edited Dec. 29, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Personally, I think the Jackets cannot wait for development of Johnson or Sillinger to take over 1C/2C duties.
The problems they are having at scoring/defense are resulting from the middle of the ice, starting at C, as well as D and G position.
Jenner is not getting any younger, Sillinger is in a sophmore slump, and Roslovic is very hit or miss (mostly miss).
It would be a bonus to have Voracek back next year for his puck control and passing skills from the RW position, but that is a big uncertainty.
Foudy and Bemstrom need a scenery change, they just are not going to get any better or advance in Columbus.
With the injuries and upcoming grind of heavy schedule the rest of the way (49 games in 106 days) ...they will finish bottom 5 in the league.
Next year's draft will be deep enough to get an impact player even at #5, so I would expect them to take the best Center with their 1st round pick.
They may need to sign/trade for an experienced two-way center to help with the depth.
Bjork is a pleasant surprise, and it will be interesting to see how the defense develops over the next couple of years.
Don't count out Blankenburg, even undersized, he has a unique vision of the ice and high compete level, so he may stay in the mix for awhile.
Finally, in Goal I just don't think Elvis is the answer long term, they just may have to move on.
He may have been at one time, but the Kivlenieks accident really did mess him up a bit.
He just cannot seem to stand tall when needed in net during those rare close games to give the Jackets a chance.

Kent Johnson may be closer to taking that 1C role than you think. And as you mentioned, they could get that guy in this summer's draft as well. Even at #5, I think that player should be just as impactful if not more than KJ in their draft +2 year.

I still believe in Elvis. His ability hasn't gone anywhere, he's just trying too hard. He'll work his way out of this funk and get back to being a solid #1. Hopefully it takes him all year to do that though, because we sure could use one of those top two guys in the draft.
Ajp_18 and Bluejackets2000 liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
Voracek is likely done from concussion issues.

Texier could be back, but also could not be, too up in the air to tell right now.

Johnson will be the 1c, Sillinger 2c, Jenner 3c and Karuly 4c, that’s without any trades of UFA signings.

Forward lines-
Gaudreau - Johnson - Laine
Marchenko - Sillinger - Chinakov
Texier - Jenner - Danforth
Robinson - Karuly - Oliver
(Roslovic and ??)

Defence -
Werenski - Blankenburg
Boqvist - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson
(Berni or Bjork)

Goalies
Tarasov
Merzlinkins

That’s my guess anyways, I don’t see Bemstrom or Foudy coming back, maybe with the Voracek injury we see Nyquist resigned to a 1 year 3.0-3.5 deal to keep the vet in the line up. Center comes down to can Johnson be the 1c we all want him to it does the draft lottery fall our way and we can get one of the 4 in Bedard, Fantilli, Dvorsky (totally didn’t spell that right) or Carlsson to be the 1c of the future. Currently sitting 2nd to last it looks pretty likely that we can get there.
Hockey_Soul liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
Kent Johnson may be closer to taking that 1C role than you think. And as you mentioned, they could get that guy in this summer's draft as well. Even at #5, I think that player should be just as impactful if not more than KJ in year their draft +2 year.

I still believe in Elvis. His ability hasn't gone anywhere, he's just trying too hard. He'll work his way out of this funk and get back to being a solid #1. Hopefully it takes him all year to do that though, because we sure could use one of those top two guys in the draft.

I will say this, whoever they use in G...it would take the pressure off and be much easier for CBJ with more goal scoring (especially at critical times).
Also, they always seem to give up quick goals in succession or a quick goal right after CBJ scores. This is so frustrating. Lack of concentration or competitiveness IMO.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Kent Johnson may be closer to taking that 1C role than you think. And as you mentioned, they could get that guy in this summer's draft as well. Even at #5, I think that player should be just as impactful if not more than KJ in year their draft +2 year.

Quoting: Ajp_18

Texier could be back, but also could not be, too up in the air to tell right now.

Johnson will be the 1c, Sillinger 2c, Jenner 3c and Karuly 4c, that’s without any trades of UFA signings.

Forward lines-
(Roslovic and ??)

Defence -
Werenski - Blankenburg
Boqvist - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson
(Berni or Bjork)

Goalies
Tarasov
Merzlinkins

That’s my guess anyways, I don’t see Bemstrom or Foudy coming back, maybe with the Voracek injury we see Nyquist resigned to a 1 year 3.0-3.5 deal to keep the vet in the line up. Center comes down to can Johnson be the 1c we all want him to it does the draft lottery fall our way and we can get one of the 4 in Bedard, Fantilli, Dvorsky (totally didn’t spell that right) or Carlsson to be the 1c of the future. Currently sitting 2nd to last it looks pretty likely that we can get there.

Would you trade Roslo this year with 50% ret to net a [late] 1st or 2nd + C prospect? Seems like he doesn't fit so well next year and the extra 2M could be put to better use anyway
Dec. 29, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
Would you trade Roslo this year with 50% ret to net a [late] 1st or 2nd + C prospect? Seems like he doesn't fit so well next year and the extra 2M could be put to better use anyway

The return has to be right, I don’t see anyone giving up a 1st or 2nd for him currently. His value is probably higher to the team at 4 mil then what they could get back for him, they would also still be paying out 3 of his remaining 6 mil on contract, I don’t see ownership approving spending 3 mil more for someone not to play for us. When they barely approved the Wennberg buyout a few years ago.
Hockey_Soul liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Be formless

The return has to be right, I don’t see anyone giving up a 1st or 2nd for him currently. His value is probably higher to the team at 4 mil then what they could get back for him, they would also still be paying out 3 of his remaining 6 mil on contract, I don’t see ownership approving spending 3 mil more for someone not to play for us. When they barely approved the Wennberg buyout a few years ago.

Yes, if they could actually get that, but I don't think Roslovic's value is too high right now. My opinion is they should move him to the wing and hope he can simplify his game and play consistently. He'd be a good emergency center to move to the middle when injuries occur. If he plays well, CBJ would probably want to hang on to him, but it depends on the price. If he doesn't, they would probably move on from him by allowing him to go to FA. I'm just not sure what value he could bring that would be worth shipping him out for one season before his contract expires.
TheeDjeeEem liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
Be formless

Forward lines-
(Roslovic and ??)

Defence -
Werenski - Blankenburg
Boqvist - Peeke
Bean - Gudbranson
(Berni or Bjork)

Goalies
Tarasov
Merzlinkins

I agree, but would switch Jenner and Sillinger until Silli shows he deserves that spot. Jenner is about the 40th-50th center in the league right now, which is good for a solid #2 role, but ideally, he'd be the 3C on a cup contender.

I have Will Smith ahead of Dvorsky (for now), and I think it's just as likely that any of those four leapfrog Sillinger as it is him becoming a 2C in the next two years.
TheeDjeeEem liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 11:43 a.m.
I agree, but would switch Jenner and Sillinger until Silli shows he deserves that spot. Jenner is about the 40th-50th center in the league right now, which is good for a solid #2 role, but ideally, he'd be the 3C on a cup contender.

I have Will Smith ahead of Dvorsky (for now), and I think it's just as likely that any of those four leapfrog Sillinger as it is him becoming a 2C in the next two years.

Dvorsky was pretty noticeable vs the US yesterday, but both are 4-5 C in the draft for me.
TheeDjeeEem and Hockey_Soul liked this.
Dec. 29, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
Be formless
Dvorsky was pretty noticeable vs the US yesterday, but both are 4-5 C in the draft for me.

Indeed. Smith is at a disadvantage right now with having gotten sick and not being able to play in this tourney. He would have been dynamite on the wing with Cooley and Gauthier or Lucius and McGroarty. He's scoring at a good clip this year and to me is easily the top player on the USNTDP right now.

It would've been really nice to see what he could do in this tourney. Plus being a right shot centerman I feel like he would be a better compliment to what CBJ already have with both KJ and Sillinger and Jenner being lefties.
TheeDjeeEem and Ajp_18 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll