SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NHL Juniors deal.

Jan. 6, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
Does anyone else think the 9 game juniors deal is dumb? Shane Wright isn't good enough to play top line minutes in the NHL right now. But he is way too good to play in Juniors.

Going to Kingston is not good for Wright's development. Staying with the Kraken isn't good for his development either.

Going to Kingston isn't good for the kid whose actually developing in Juniors that Wright is going to bump out of the lineup.

The whole juggling pieces that went on this season isn't good for the Kraken.

Wrights contract slides so he doesn't get paid when he's back in Juniors but Kingston is going to make bank with him being there.

The only beneficiary of this deal is Kingston who's gonna trade him to some other team even tho he shouldn't even be there.

It's gotta change. The whole deal is dumb. Wright should be in the AHL absolutely crushing it.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 1:41 p.m.
Well it’s part of the NHL-CHL CBA and the CHL will want to keep their top talent as much as they can, there aren’t many CHL players too good for the CHL but not good enough for the NHL.

I doubt they will allow all NHL picks to go to the AHL if any at all, the best you’d get is maybe something like Top 15/1st round picks can go to the AHL
Jan. 6, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well it’s part of the NHL-CHL CBA and the CHL will want to keep their top talent as much as they can, there aren’t many CHL players too good for the CHL but not good enough for the NHL.

I doubt they will allow all NHL picks to go to the AHL if any at all, the best you’d get is maybe something like Top 15/1st round picks can go to the AHL

Yep, only I believe kids in KHL, Liiga, and the other European leagues can go straight to AHL after draft as I guess the NHL goes well u played against men so...yea have fun

I kind of get why they do it but still for a 1OA not to be allowed in the AHL his first year without being a HS multiple times just does not seem right
Jan. 6, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep, only I believe kids in KHL, Liiga, and the other European leagues can go straight to AHL after draft as I guess the NHL goes well u played against men so...yea have fun

I kind of get why they do it but still for a 1OA not to be allowed in the AHL his first year without being a HS multiple times just does not seem right

You rarely see any of those players in other leagues move to NA at 18 or 19. The USA covered their asses by making players ineligible to play if they sign a professional contract and taking away their scholarship. CHL should be doing the same. Make teams not want to sign these players those young for no reason at all.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
You rarely see any of those players in other leagues move to NA at 18 or 19. The USA covered their asses by making players ineligible to play if they sign a professional contract and taking away their scholarship. CHL should be doing the same. Make teams not want to sign these players those young for no reason at all.

I don't think the solution should be to export the American ideal of utilizing unpaid labor to other places.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
I don't think the solution should be to export the American ideal of utilizing unpaid labor to other places.

It kind of forces that player to stay in the CHL which is what the USA does. It's not right, but it's a solution.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 4:07 p.m.
It kind of forces that player to stay in the CHL which is what the USA does. It's not right, but it's a solution.

I feel like it being "not right" kinda makes it a *bad* solution though. Right?
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
I feel like it being "not right" kinda makes it a *bad* solution though. Right?

Depends on what you want. If you want them to stay in the CHL it's not bad. They'll get their education and keep the CHL competitive.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
Depends on what you want. If you want them to stay in the CHL it's not bad. They'll get their education and keep the CHL competitive.

If you want them to stay in the CHL, confiscating their passports isn't a bad solution either.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll