SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

lets have a discussion

Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
I want to see how the Nucks fans feel about this JT Miller "situation"
Ive seen a couple of Vancouver games this season and heard alot of things about Miller and based on what ive gathered is the guy bad teammate. How do you guys feel about him? Is he good for the Nucks or any team? Are you Nucks fan prepared for 8 more years of this guy?
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Miller to Anaheim is an interesting one assuming the he waives his no move clause. Anaheim is one of few teams who could certainly afford him but I struggle to see a rebuilding team give up a lot of assets that I am sure Vancouver is looking for even when Miller's value is at an all time low. There's no way Anaheim is giving up this year's first, and probably not second either, so you'd have to take their 2024 1st which they still may be hesitant to give up. I also doubt Anaheim is very willing to give up some of their top prospects like McTavish, Zellweger, etc.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
VAN
JT Miller is not the problem. He's productive and earned the 8m. It could be a bargain compared to some of the other recent deals in Calgary and CBJ and when the cap jumps in two years. This team lacks serious structure on 5v5 and PK. The defense is also atrocious. We're running two low end back up goalies as well. Cap is tied up with an imbalance of wingers where Hog and Pod should be playing on ELCs and then better spent on defense and center depth. Jimbo ruined the cap bringing in OEL and signing Myers. New FO is cap tied and handcuffed by this. I'm fine with JT. He's a great player. This team lacks passion outside of him so I actually think a personality like his is needed. Though a more rigid coach would help at times to keep the team going. Doesn't help with a lame duck coach but that's part of the tank IMO. The FO can't move cap without paying a ransom so Bruce and Co (Myers, Pearson, OEL) are stuck 'til expiry.
bogdown liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
Bog
I think it’s been blown completely out of proportion this season by the media. Vancouver has probably the worst media in the league apart from Faber, Dhaliwal, and Quads. Everyone like downer Drance and IMac are trying to push narratives that are just ridiculous.

Miller has always been a moody player. He shows his emotions which can be uncontrolled at times but he’s still a legit scorer. Shipping him for nothing or a bag of pucks is absurd. He’s been at PPG almost his entire Canucks career and is struggling right now defensively with Yeo and Boudreau’s strange system. I think a new coach is inevitable to boost this team as well as a completely revamped D core. Miller is this teams scapegoat this year just as Horvat was last year when Miller put up 99. All that “Horvat is a passenger” talk is now gone miraculously and he’s the savior now.
Prime_Jimbo liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
matt
The teammate issue is way overblown, the team chose him to wear an A. The issue is hes a hot head and just shows it on the ice in front of the world to see. if this was happening in a non Canadian market no one would care. The main issue is hes just not working as a Center and they gave him that contract thinking hes their long term 2C. I really have no problem with MIller, at wing hes a bit over payed but if hes still around PPG player then thats about market price. The real issue with this team is paying 13mil to OEL/Meyers to be the worst pairing in hockey.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: JackSC87
Miller to Anaheim is an interesting one assuming the he waives his no move clause. Anaheim is one of few teams who could certainly afford him but I struggle to see a rebuilding team give up a lot of assets that I am sure Vancouver is looking for even when Miller's value is at an all time low. There's no way Anaheim is giving up this year's first, and probably not second either, so you'd have to take their 2024 1st which they still may be hesitant to give up. I also doubt Anaheim is very willing to give up some of their top prospects like McTavish, Zellweger, etc.

You must not have read the description on this post. This post was to discuss JT Miller as a player and a teammate not a trade speculation post
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
JT Miller is such a bad teammate the lighting and rangers jettisoned him for terrible value. That should tell u all you need to know.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Hckeydude123
You must not have read the description on this post. This post was to discuss JT Miller as a player and a teammate not a trade speculation post

Bad teammate = Nobody wants him

Discussion = Over
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.
matt
Quoting: Isles5513
Bad teammate = Nobody wants him

Discussion = Over

umm Tampa traded him because they needed to dump his cap hit.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: mbaer84

That was part of it for sure, but there were other guys they kept over him that could’ve been moved.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:16 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

He did have less problems in Tampa, but still. A guy with Miller’s talent doesn’t normally get jettisoned for cap reasons.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:34 p.m.

Quoting: Isles5513
He did have less problems in Tampa, but still. A guy with Miller’s talent doesn’t normally get jettisoned for cap reasons.

Fellas I think capfriendly took my post down lol
Jan. 11, 2023 at 2:12 p.m.
Keep Miller
trade Horvat-Myers-Boeser-Kuzmenko-Garland for draft picks/prospects
fire Boudreau
hire Bieksa as Coach
Start the rebuild

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll