Forums/Armchair-GM

Tampa Blockbuster

Created by: pawnjohn
Team: 2017-18 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 6, 2017
Published: Jun. 6, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tamp gets young stud RHD, young 2-3 Center on ELC, extra first (27OA).
STL get Top-6 C and young stud on Offensive they need.

Vegas is enticed to take Lehtera in Expansion Draft.

Random Perron trade to save cap. Based on MTL wanting to sign him last year. Could be to someone else or could trade Gunnarsson to save cap instead.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$5,250,000
5$5,250,000
1$700,000
2$1,250,000
Trades
STL
VGK
  1. Lehterä, Jori
  2. 2017 2nd round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
Expansion Draft
STL
    Tyler Johnson RFA
    Jonathan Drouin RFA
    TBL
    1. Barbashev, Ivan
    2. 2017 1st round pick (WSH)
    Additional Details:
    Colton Parayko
    STL
    1. 2017 2nd round pick (MTL)
    2. 2018 3rd round pick (MTL)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the STL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$74,000,000$65,541,667$0$1,107,500$8,458,333

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA - 7
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW
    UFA - 6
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LW, RW, C
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    C, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 6
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    C, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 3
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,350,000$4,350,000
    G
    UFA - 4
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 2:26 p.m.
    If they re-signed Shustr, TB would then have 3 ginormous dmen along Hedman!
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 2:34 p.m.
    Lets Go Blues
    Value is probably fair, depending on TB's view of Barby. That defense though... Bo is aging, we know what Gunny and Bortuzzo bring - looks like Edmundson and Petro would need lots of help from Schmaltz/Dunn, and it's up in the air what type of production they'll provide.

I just can't see the Blues acquiring another LW without one leaving, and I'd hate to lose Fabbri or Schwartz, they are our gutsiest players; Steen/Berglund aren't very valuable in a trade and have NTC/NMC with new contracts; Army probably won't let Sobotka go after all the drama to get him back.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 2:45 p.m.
    The defense scares me a bit, but Petro can handle 27+ on the right and Bortz is a solid on the bottom pair. Schmaltz is green but has potential as an offensive top-4 dman and has been well groomed in college/AHL. Ed's growth will help with covering Schmaltz. Gunnar is still a solid bottom pair and can play top-4 in a pinch. Bo is aging but still a solid on D and has played more physical since his skating a slowed. We also have Dunn and Walman knocking on the doorstep in the next couple years as Gunnar and Bo both transition out. We also have Lindbohm who can play bottom pair and Mikkola overseas in the future as well.

Acquiring another LW isn't ideal. But I believe Drouin being a dynamic offensive player makes up for it. Considering Drouin/Steen/Fabbri/Berglund have all played on RW as well, I think they could pull it off.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
    Lets Go Blues
    Quoting: pawnjohn
    The defense scares me a bit, but Petro can handle 27+ on the right and Bortz is a solid on the bottom pair. Schmaltz is green but has potential as an offensive top-4 dman and has been well groomed in college/AHL. Ed's growth will help with covering Schmaltz. Gunnar is still a solid bottom pair and can play top-4 in a pinch. Bo is aging but still a solid on D and has played more physical since his skating a slowed. We also have Dunn and Walman knocking on the doorstep in the next couple years as Gunnar and Bo both transition out. We also have Lindbohm who can play bottom pair and Mikkola overseas in the future as well.

Acquiring another LW isn't ideal. But I believe Drouin being a dynamic offensive player makes up for it. Considering Drouin/Steen/Fabbri/Berglund have all played on RW as well, I think they could pull it off.

No doubt Drouin would help with the secondary scoring issues. But I said it in some of the other threads, I think trading Parayko is only a good idea if it brings us a 1C (and I guess I don't see TJ as the best fit there). The Jones/Johansen trade worked for both teams - I'd look at Draisaitl or MacKinnon and see if those teams really want RD help for a hefty cost.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:09 p.m.
    Go Bolts!!!
    Well Johnson has been Tampa's 1C for 2 of the last 3 years. He is plenty capable of being a 1C. Drouin in most Bolts fans minds is a bonafide breakout candidate, Coach Cooper has never really released the reigns on him. The trade is intriguing but I don't thin the Bolts can afford to lose 2 of their top 6 forwards heading into next year.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
    Lets Go Blues
    Edited Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:19 p.m.
    Quoting: stammerman
    Well Johnson has been Tampa's 1C for 2 of the last 3 years. He is plenty capable of being a 1C. Drouin in most Bolts fans minds is a bonafide breakout candidate, Coach Cooper has never really released the reigns on him. The trade is intriguing but I don't thin the Bolts can afford to lose 2 of their top 6 forwards heading into next year.

Yeah I didn't express that very well... TJ is a great playmaking center, and would easily slot in as the 1C in this STL roster as he did for TB. But if we're losing Parayko, I'd want to maximize the value and get a slightly younger and better center. 1RD are so valuable right now and it would be our only chance to nab a stud center outside of a lucky draft pick. I'd love to get TJ, but I'd rather keep Parayko and offer Barbashev+1st+2nd or something like that.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:21 p.m.
    Go Bolts!!!
    Quoting: AK_tune

Yeah I didn't express that very well... TJ is a great playmaking center, and would easily slot in as the 1C in this STL roster as he did for TB. But if we're losing Parayko, I'd want to maximize the value and get a slightly younger and better center. 1RD are so valuable right now and it would be our only chance to nab one outside of a lucky draft pick. I'd love to get TJ, but I'd rather keep Parayko and offer Barbashev+1st+2nd or something like that.

Parayko is worth more then Johnson. But in this proposed deal its really Drouin for Parayko and TyJo for Barbashev and picks, Drouin is going to be a PPG player whenever someone lets him play his game. I have watched him for 3 years being a Lightning STM and his skills are crazy, if you have a coach who can handle a turnover here or there he will reward them with points and more points.

I would love Parayko but I just don't see it happening.
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:27 p.m.
    Lets Go Blues

Yeah I didn't express that very well... TJ is a great playmaking center, and would easily slot in as the 1C in this STL roster as he did for TB. But if we're losing Parayko, I'd want to maximize the value and get a slightly younger and better center. 1RD are so valuable right now and it would be our only chance to nab one outside of a lucky draft pick. I'd love to get TJ, but I'd rather keep Parayko and offer Barbashev+1st+2nd or something like that.

Parayko is worth more then Johnson. But in this proposed deal its really Drouin for Parayko and TyJo for Barbashev and picks, Drouin is going to be a PPG player whenever someone lets him play his game. I have watched him for 3 years being a Lightning STM and his skills are crazy, if you have a coach who can handle a turnover here or there he will reward them with points and more points.

Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing. Parayko won't be traded, but if he was traded he could get a return better than TJ (aka Drouin). But the whole trade doesn't make sense for TB because they can't lose both TJ and Drouin.

I was thinking if TJ is somewhat available, do you think Barbashev or Sanford (NHL-ready, ELC guys) and a couple of nice draft picks would get it done? What is TB biggest need?
    Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.
    Go Bolts!!!

Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing. Parayko won't be traded, but if he was traded he could get a return better than TJ (aka Drouin). But the whole trade doesn't make sense for TB because they can't lose both TJ and Drouin.

I was thinking if TJ is somewhat available, do you think Barbashev or Sanford (NHL-ready, ELC guys) and a couple of nice draft picks would get it done? What is TB biggest need?

The problem for the Lightning is they need a top 4 d-man. Our farm system is stocked with quality prospects at forward but what the Bolts don't have is a projected top 2 dman. They do have Slater Koekkoek but he like Drouin for some reason draws the ire of Coach Cooper and there is one kid named Ben Thomas who has grown a ton this year in the AHL but he is at best a number 4. That's why if the Blues and Bolts were to make a deal to me it would have to be for Parayko as he is the only guy the Blues have that fit the need of the Lightning. I don't see the Lightning trading either Johnson, Palat or Drouin for anything other then a solid 2-3 dman to plug in next to Hedman for years to come. As painful as it would be because Drouin is electric I would do Drouin for Parayko but like you said I don't think the Blues can do that.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll