Forums/Armchair-GM

Lets Watch Hockey Twitter Burn

Created by: Point21
Team: 2022-23 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 21, 2023
Published: Jan. 21, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is only a joke, dont take it seriously lol.
Trades
VAN
  1. Colton, Ross
  2. Duke, Dylan [Reserve List]
  3. Foote, Cal
  4. Namestnikov, Vladislav
  5. Thompson, Jack
  6. 2024 2nd round pick (TBL)
  7. 2024 3rd round pick (TBL)
  8. 2025 2nd round pick (TBL)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$80,280,000$0$932,500$2,220,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
C
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,800,000$4,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31, 2023 at 7:39 p.m.
Quoting: BigShoots
The funny part is you know who is a good comparable to Colton...Beauvillier. A 26 yr old who plays 10-12 mins a night is never fetching a 1st. Even in your fantasy land it's a 28+ 1st rounder. The isles pick right now is worth way more than the 28th pick. 15+ teams are trading their first for that pick with that upside it holds. Beauvillier is younger than Colton too. And I get the contract part that is why you retain 50% next yr as an expiring and Beauvillier has value.

Your take:
Colton whos not a 1st but if we go very charitable and grant you that he is, call it 28th pick <<< Isles 1st
Foote < Raty
Beauviller at 2mil traded 50% in 24' >= 3rd (this part doesn't even need to factor in. The 1st two assets are that much more valuable than a stock 1st and 2nd.)

A more reasonable take is Colton is worth a late 2nd and this pick will be conservatively be say 18th. You are taking your evaluations re Colton to the extreme and then not allowing me to even be minimally optimistic with the valuation of the actual return.

There is just no way to spin this for you.

Lol, Colton is comparable to Beauvillier now, thanks for the laugh. As a Vancouver fan, I know you understand fantasy worlds better, as that is where Vancouver actually wins something, but in the real world...not so much. Lol at Colton bringing back a late 2nd or early 3rd, yes, 20 goal scorers on 3rd lines, with good defensive play and not nearly as many minutes as he would be getting on many teams might be fortunate to get a late 2nd...sure(not to mention rfa status and current and future contract value both likely less than what Beauvillier is making now). Great that Beauvillier is a year younger, both are still rfa and Colton isn't the one overpaid right now.

Colton hasnt been needed to play bigger minutes yet given Tampa's situation at F, not that he isnt more than capable of doing so. Tampa, if they even planned on moving him and were feeling generous, might take a very early 2nd+ for him, but more than likely a later 1st.

Again, you're assuming the pick lands here, Raty reaches this level, Beauvillier(who now apparently is worth Colton) will turn it around etc. Maybe those things happen, maybe not. The trade as is, is no masterpiece for Vancouver. It has the potential to reach an A level, but for now, it's an above average trade in the B to B+ range. You can spin it how you ljke, doesn’t change my evaluation of the trade return as fairly accurate. Keep believing that every piece will max out in terms of value, as a fan of any team would. However, that is far from some guarantee, which is why most evaluating the trade have it as a win for Vancouver, but not some amazing steal in value. A more reasonable take is that Vancouver received a 1st that may be mid 1st round and if the pick hits, a player that could be a good one in several years, a player that has done well internationally and has upside, but is no sure thing yet in the NHL, and a player that may return to a higher level with a change of scenery. Vancouver fans should be optimistic about the trade, but whether it's a long term success is very much in question depending how Raty and the pick turn out. I disagree with most of your player valuations, and I'm done responding to this. The trade went as I thought it would, and Vancouver got a solid return for a good 2C having what is probably a career year. You can continue to spin all you want, but I could care less.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
Big Shoots
Quoting: JTBF81
Lol, Colton is comparable to Beauvillier now, thanks for the laugh. As a Vancouver fan, I know you understand fantasy worlds better, as that is where Vancouver actually wins something, but in the real world...not so much. Lol at Colton bringing back a late 2nd or early 3rd, yes, 20 goal scorers on 3rd lines, with good defensive play and not nearly as many minutes as he would be getting on many teams might be fortunate to get a late 2nd...sure(not to mention rfa status and current and future contract value both likely less than what Beauvillier is making now). Great that Beauvillier is a year younger, both are still rfa and Colton isn't the one overpaid right now.

Colton hasnt been needed to play bigger minutes yet given Tampa's situation at F, not that he isnt more than capable of doing so. Tampa, if they even planned on moving him and were feeling generous, might take a very early 2nd+ for him, but more than likely a later 1st.

Again, you're assuming the pick lands here, Raty reaches this level, Beauvillier(who now apparently is worth Colton) will turn it around etc. Maybe those things happen, maybe not. The trade as is, is no masterpiece for Vancouver. It has the potential to reach an A level, but for now, it's an above average trade in the B to B+ range. You can spin it how you ljke, doesn’t change my evaluation of the trade return as fairly accurate. Keep believing that every piece will max out in terms of value, as a fan of any team would. However, that is far from some guarantee, which is why most evaluating the trade have it as a win for Vancouver, but not some amazing steal in value. A more reasonable take is that Vancouver received a 1st that may be mid 1st round and if the pick hits, a player that could be a good one in several years, a player that has done well internationally and has upside, but is no sure thing yet in the NHL, and a player that may return to a higher level with a change of scenery. Vancouver fans should be optimistic about the trade, but whether it's a long term success is very much in question depending how Raty and the pick turn out. I disagree with most of your player valuations, and I'm done responding to this. The trade went as I thought it would, and Vancouver got a solid return for a good 2C having what is probably a career year. You can continue to spin all you want, but I could care less.

Oh no the low blow of "your team is a loser".

We're making progress at least. Now Colton is worth a 2nd. Which is better the 15th pick or a 2nd? There is a reason he doesn't play more.

In terms of actual value as a player they are similar. Obviously with cap hits its different. That is why I said at 50% retained as an expiring contract he worth a 3rd. If it were you arguing it you'd say a first but I am able to at least be semi realistic.

I am evaluating the trade right now. It exceeded what I expected slightly. The value is something like the 16th pick (isles 1st), 35th (Raty), Beauvillier (pick next yr 3rd). Its a win for Canucks and we wont know more till thing develop but as it sits that is the evaluation. Your take was that 35th pick (Colton), 55th pick (Foote) and a third was the same value.

16, 35, 3rd

or

35, 55, 3rd

Those aren't close values and no I am not overvaluing any pieces. The pick sits at 14 right now. Isles have to leap frog one of Washington, NY, Pitt, they also have to leap frog Buffalo and stave off Florida to make the playoffs. Theyve played more games than almost all of those teams. Their chances of making the playoffs went from 14% to 18% with this trade. Please have some humility when you suggest it's going to be a 25th pick. I don't say it's going to be the 1st overall pick in 24' I'm just saying odds are its going to be in the 12-18 range and those are the actual odds not my feeling.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll