SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

What would be need to add into this through

Created by: EatMyScoobySnack
Published: Feb. 12, 2023 at 6:40 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 60/185 (32%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Pelletier, JakobNHLMinor-$280,000-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kylington, OliverCalgary FlamesIR-$810,811011---0000--
Coronato, MatthewCalgary FlamesReserve List-$0001---------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,783,784011---5014620--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,007,153234569358
Change-$692,97300-1000
Final$314,180 (↓)234568 (↓)35814620

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL-$5,500,000011---5014620--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kylington, OliverCalgary FlamesIR-$2,500,000011---0000--
Coronato, MatthewCalgary FlamesReserve List-$0001---------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$5,565,8342346715616
Change$3,000,000-101000
Final$8,565,834 (↑)22 (↓)4672 (↑)5616-14-6-20
Feb. 12, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
In curious about what you think would be need to be add, remove into this trade to be fair for each team.

@KingofRnR @MoxNix

Personally I would try to also get the young Sergeev, Arsenii into the same package deal but I'm not sure of is value and it's it would right to ask.

Kylington and probably Lucic could be piece use to compensate for the salary difference between both team.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
In curious about what you think would be need to be add, remove into this trade to be fair for each team.

KingofRnR MoxNix

Personally I would try to also get the young Sergeev, Arsenii into the same package deal but I'm not sure of is value and it's it would right to ask.

Kylington and probably Lucic could be piece use to compensate for the salary difference between both team.

Remove Coronato.

Josh Anderson is only worth a 2nd to CGY and that’s if he comes 20-25% retained = with a $4-4.5mil/yr Cap Hit. Anderson just isn’t consistent or reliable enough and doesn’t score more than 0.50PPG so he’s not worth a 1st, Top or A Prospect

Kylington was worth a 1st,’but given he hasn’t played all year, he’s probably worth a mid-2nd Round Pick still

Coronato’s value should be even higher now than when he was Drafted. I’m certain that he’ll be better than Josh Anderson from the get go and he could even play Centre for us too.
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.

KingofRnR MoxNix

@KingofRnR pretty much nailed it

Adding to that there really isn't anything Montreal could add to pry Coronato out of Calgary that Montreal would be willing to give up. Like sure we'd take Montreal's own 2023 1st round pick or Kirby Dach but you aren't going to offer either of those.

You won't like that... You won't agree with this next bit and you'll like it even less but I personally wouldn't trade Coronato for Caufield. Coronato is bigger, grittier, almost certainly more durable, can play center as well as RW and IMO has a higher ceiling too. Coronato is practically untouchable in Calgary for now.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Remove Coronato.

Josh Anderson is only worth a 2nd to CGY and that’s if he comes 20-25% retained = with a $4-4.5mil/yr Cap Hit. Anderson just isn’t consistent or reliable enough and doesn’t score more than 0.50PPG so he’s not worth a 1st, Top or A Prospect

Kylington was worth a 1st,’but given he hasn’t played all year, he’s probably worth a mid-2nd Round Pick still

Coronato’s value should be even higher now than when he was Drafted. I’m certain that he’ll be better than Josh Anderson from the get go and he could even play Centre for us too.

Like I say Kylington is there only for the cap relief, Lucic would do the same job.

As for Coranoto, I think Kent Hughes would try to acquire him as we could see he's a good fit with Sean Farrell in university. Been able to have two duo of player in ur core group could be beneficial for mtl.

Suzuki / Caufield
Coronato / Farrell

So if you would be trading Coronato what would you ask mtl for him ?

Also interested in ur opinion about Sergeev young goaltender prospect value .
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:20 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
KingofRnR pretty much nailed it

Adding to that there really isn't anything Montreal could add to pry Coronato out of Calgary that Montreal would be willing to give up. Like sure we'd take Montreal's own 2023 1st round pick or Kirby Dach but you aren't going to offer either of those.

You won't like that... You won't agree with this next bit and you'll like it even less but I personally wouldn't trade Coronato for Caufield. Coronato is bigger, almost certainly more durable, can play center as well as RW and IMO has a higher ceiling too.

Yeah I do think that Dach and The first round from mtl is out of the available piece, that the kind of asset you don't want to give aways.

But still interesting troughts to have. I'm sure that Kent Hughes would look into this player availability and price tag, I could see him trying to regroup Coronato along with Farrell as both have prove that they have chemistry between them.
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:27 p.m.
Yeah I do think that Dach and The first round from mtl is out of the available piece, that the kind of asset you don't want to give aways.

But still interesting troughts to have. I'm sure that Kent Hughes would look into this player availability and price tag, I could see him trying to regroup Coronato along with Farrell as both have prove that they have chemistry between them.

Good point they have 4 years of great chemistry at Harvard and with the Chicago Steel. Their most recent 4 years too! Maybe Montreal might be willing to step up and make a much better offer than I thought.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:34 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
Good point they have 4 years of great chemistry at Harvard and with the Chicago Steel. Their most recent 4 years too!

Yeah most of the time they play hockey was together so I would imagine that having the same partner for 4 years and plus would aid in becoming prolific in any level.

They would be interesting to watch play together again on the next level of competition and to see if they could keep going they're progress and chemistry on another level like AHL or NHL.
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 7:59 p.m.
Yeah most of the time they play hockey was together so I would imagine that having the same partner for 4 years and plus would aid in becoming prolific in any level.

They would be interesting to watch play together again on the next level of competition and to see if they could keep going they're progress and chemistry on another level like AHL or NHL.

I think if they were together at an NHL training camp they'd both make the team out of camp without playing in the AHL.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 8:26 p.m.
TrevorA
Like I say Kylington is there only for the cap relief, Lucic would do the same job.

As for Coranoto, I think Kent Hughes would try to acquire him as we could see he's a good fit with Sean Farrell in university. Been able to have two duo of player in ur core group could be beneficial for mtl.

Suzuki / Caufield
Coronato / Farrell

So if you would be trading Coronato what would you ask mtl for him ?

Also interested in ur opinion about Sergeev young goaltender prospect value .

Not sure we’d want to move Sergeev unless we got an offer we couldn’t refuse. He looks like our next Wranglers starter after Wolf.

Same goes for Coronato. We’d definitely want a Right Shot RW/C replacement, so that’s Joshua Roy, Owen Beck & Filip Mesar (small). RD Logan Mailloux would be nice and we might consider Left Shot C Riley Kidney as well, so at least one of those guys and balance the trade from there
Feb. 12, 2023 at 8:41 p.m.
Not sure we’d want to move Sergeev unless we got an offer we couldn’t refuse. He looks like our next Wranglers starter after Wolf.

Same goes for Coronato. We’d definitely want a Right Shot RW/C replacement, so that’s Joshua Roy, Owen Beck & Filip Mesar (small). RD Logan Mailloux would be nice and we might consider Left Shot C Riley Kidney as well, so at least one of those guys and balance the trade from there

Yeah Sergeev is looking really good so far. Calgary won't consider trading him before they see how he looks after a year in the AHL unless they get a really good offer. He'd be in the AHL right now probably as the starter if the Wranglers didn't already have Dustin Wolf.
Feb. 12, 2023 at 9:03 p.m.

Kidney might be a guy to be sacrifice to acquire Coronato . He have some good and interesting tools in is game that could intrigue a team.

The thing is that I don't know if they would all be ready at same time( Wolf, Sergeev) add Vladar who seen to doing good in Calgary could have more then two good goaltender ready at some time. But with injury anything can happen.

What if mtl accept to take on Markstrom contract ?

Calgary: Anderson, Allen, Kidney
Montreal: Coronato, Sergeev, Markstrom, Lucic ( or add a bit more salary dump here)
Feb. 12, 2023 at 9:09 p.m.
TrevorA
Kidney might be a guy to be sacrifice to acquire Coronato . He have some good and interesting tools in is game that could intrigue a team.

The thing is that I don't know if they would all be ready at same time( Wolf, Sergeev) add Vladar who seen to doing good in Calgary could have more then two good goaltender ready at some time. But with injury anything can happen.

What if mtl accept to take on Markstrom contract ?

Calgary: Anderson, Allen, Kidney
Montreal: Coronato, Sergeev, Markstrom, Lucic ( or add a bit more salary dump here)

If you can convince Markstrom to waive, we’ll take Josh Anderson np. We wouldn’t need Allen. We’d go with Vladar & Wolf and maybe acquire another cheaper insurance goalie if need be.

We believe Coronato would likely skip the AHL to play NHL, but is Kidney NHL Ready!? If not, we’d want another piece, hence why I went with 2 guys in my proposal
Feb. 12, 2023 at 9:27 p.m.
If you can convince Markstrom to waive, we’ll take Josh Anderson np. We wouldn’t need Allen. We’d go with Vladar & Wolf and maybe acquire another cheaper insurance goalie if need be.

We believe Coronato would likely skip the AHL to play NHL, but is Kidney NHL Ready!? If not, we’d want another piece, hence why I went with 2 guys in my proposal

I don't know if he's NHL ready, but it's is fourth season into the Q league and he got 19 years old. I don't know how much years a player could do into the Q league ? Is that fourth years max ? Or they could play fifth years ? Also the COVID have broke so much that it's hard to evaluate sometimes.

If need another prospect maybe an Struble or Mysak could considered. I don't know what would happen this summer with Struble if Hughes will be able to sign him or not. From what I have hear is that he could be a decent physical defensemen and that he's really athletic ( in the combined in is years draft he finish top 3 if not number 1 in almost every test they have done)

This could be a decent prospect to see if he could not remplace one of Calgary older defensemen at cheaper deal.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll