Logo of the New York Rangers
      $5,625,000$5,625,000
      C, RW
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      Kane, Patrick
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
      LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      $2,300,000$2,300,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,641,667$3,641,667
      C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $750,000$750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 7
      $5,666,667$5,666,667
      G
      UFA - 3
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $8,000,000$8,000,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $1,900,000$1,900,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $750,000$750,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
      Hawks Fan
      If that’s the return for Kane I will just quit the Blackhawks and not have faith in Davidson. We don’t need LD, two people who can’t hack NHL, and a #50-60 pick for one of the greatest American players and generational talents. No way.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
      Quoting: Jco5ta5
      If that’s the return for Kane I will just quit the Blackhawks and not have faith in Davidson. We don’t need LD, two people who can’t hack NHL, and a #50-60 pick for one of the greatest American players and generational talents. No way.

in all fairness, he "was" one of the greatest american born players.
      today, he is not.

also, if Kane holds the cards in all of this, the return isn't going to be a win for chicago...
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
      same .. they need to hit a home run with the return on Kane.
      Jco5ta5 liked this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
      exo2769
      Quoting: Mike_Gartner
      today, he is not.

also, if Kane holds the cards in all of this, the return isn't going to be a win for chicago...

But it's also not going to be a let's screw over CHI return either...like this proposal is.
      Hawksguy81 and Jco5ta5 liked this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 1:06 p.m.
      today, he is not.

Kane is still a great player on a ****ty team with linemates that can't produce at the same level as him. Sure Domi is having a great year but when he's playing the majority of his time in the defensive zone and not getting the offensive chances his numbers will decline.
      Hawksguy81 and Jco5ta5 liked this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
      Quoting: exo2769
      But it's also not going to be a let's screw over CHI return either...like this proposal is.

which ever team is trying to trade for Kane is trading for the player he is today, not the player he was in years previous.
      i understand the emotional attachment here, but take a step back and look at it a bit more logically.

if Kane really wants to go "somewhere" and the Blackhawks veto it because they are not happy with the return - what do you think that does to the Kane/Hawk relationship?
      from what i have been reading, it seems like the Ranger's first and Cuylle/Othmann are off the table.

Kravtsov / Jones / 2023 2nd and a 4th or 5th going to a broker to hold another 50% of Kane.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.
      which ever team is trying to trade for Kane is trading for the player he is today, not the player he was in years previous.
      i understand the emotional attachment here, but take a step back and look at it a bit more logically.

if Kane really wants to go "somewhere" and the Blackhawks veto it because they are not happy with the return - what do you think that does to the Kane/Hawk relationship?
      from what i have been reading, it seems like the Ranger's first and Cuylle/Othmann are off the table.

Kravtsov / Jones / 2023 2nd and a 4th or 5th going to a broker to hold another 50% of Kane.

Ok, lets look at it logically.

Logically, Kane is a 60 plus point player on a bad team and a 90 plus point player on a good team. He almost single handedly won the last five straight games for CHI against high end playoff teams. Also, if you want to talk about trading for "the player they are right now", lets talk about O'Reilly's god awful injury plagued season. Or Tarasenko's pretty bad injury plagued season. Kane misses 3 games for the first time in 7 years, and everyon loses their minds. He is one year removed from a 92 point season, and is most likely going to be an effective top 6 forward well into his 40's. It's not just emotional attachment, he is being held at a double standard from EVERY other rental option, and everyone is throwing every turd narrative at the wall to see what helps them get a superstar for nothing.

Also worth noting that 60 point players still get 1st round picks. Sorry he isn't scoring 120 points this season...
      Jco5ta5 liked this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
      exo2769

Yeah, that's not realistic. What you're trying to do is screw over the Hawks AND you admit it. What you're trying to do is use the Hawks/Kane relationship against them. That's the definition of trying to screw over the hawks. Looking at it realistically means Tarasenko...is the minimum Kaner should get. Kravstov is going back to the KHL. He's not a plus at all. In fact he's a negative to the Hawks. The single deepest position the Hawks have in their prospect pool is LD. Literally they don't have a place for Jones likely even a full time position in the AHL next year. Alex Vlasic, Del Mastro, Korchinski, Allan, Galvas...all LD. All need ice time more than Jones. Just like the Rangers don't have a place for Kravstov...the Hawks don't have a place for Jones.

The feelings between Kaner and the Hawks should be mutual. Hawks won't get in the way of a trade and Kaner shouldn't look to screw over the Hawks. equal truly means equal. Not a 1 way street.
      Jco5ta5 liked this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
      Yeah, that's not realistic. What you're trying to do is screw over the Hawks AND you admit it. What you're trying to do is use the Hawks/Kane relationship against them. That's the definition of trying to screw over the hawks. Looking at it realistically means Tarasenko...is the minimum Kaner should get. Kravstov is going back to the KHL. He's not a plus at all. In fact he's a negative to the Hawks. The single deepest position the Hawks have in their prospect pool is LD. Literally they don't have a place for Jones likely even a full time position in the AHL next year. Alex Vlasic, Del Mastro, Korchinski, Allan, Galvas...all LD. All need ice time more than Jones. Just like the Rangers don't have a place for Kravstov...the Hawks don't have a place for Jones.

The feelings between Kaner and the Hawks should be mutual. Hawks won't get in the way of a trade and Kaner shouldn't look to screw over the Hawks. equal truly means equal. Not a 1 way street.

the thing is, i'm not trying to do anything here. i have zero skin in the game. i'm simply stating my opinion.
      i guess only time will tell, but if i were a betting man, the return (if going to NYR) is going to be a lot closer to what i posted than what you are imagining.

this trade is all about leverage and CHI has zero.
      also, Jones is pretty much better than everyone you listed above, maybe Korchinski has a higher ceiling, maybe...
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 3:46 p.m.
      Quoting: Garak
      Ok, lets look at it logically.

Logically, Kane is a 60 plus point player on a bad team and a 90 plus point player on a good team. He almost single handedly won the last five straight games for CHI against high end playoff teams. Also, if you want to talk about trading for "the player they are right now", lets talk about O'Reilly's god awful injury plagued season. Or Tarasenko's pretty bad injury plagued season. Kane misses 3 games for the first time in 7 years, and everyon loses their minds. He is one year removed from a 92 point season, and is most likely going to be an effective top 6 forward well into his 40's. It's not just emotional attachment, he is being held at a double standard from EVERY other rental option, and everyone is throwing every turd narrative at the wall to see what helps them get a superstar for nothing.

Also worth noting that 60 point players still get 1st round picks. Sorry he isn't scoring 120 points this season...

you are correct - he does have a different standard than every rental option because he literally calls the shots - makes the situation unique when he is on record that he really only wants to go to one place...
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
      exo2769
      you are correct - he does have a different standard than every rental option because he literally calls the shots - makes the situation unique when he is on record that he really only wants to go to one place...

I'm hopeful that Kyle Davidson politely declines. That's my opinion. This is just taking the Rangers scraps and getting screwed over. Is it possible The Hawks get screwed over. Anything possible. I'm hoping Kyle and Kaner have more respect for eachother than this.
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
      exo2769

Tarasenko had this same control and the same acquiring team? Why is that situation different?
      Feb. 24, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
      Tarasenko had this same control and the same acquiring team? Why is that situation different?

i could be incorrect, but i believe Tarasenko didn't narrow it down to one team and one team only.
      Feb. 25, 2023 at 6:31 a.m.

He did not go on record saying he only wants to go to one place.
      Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:18 a.m.
      He did not go on record saying he only wants to go to one place.

Read between the lines guy.
      Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:36 a.m.
      Read between the lines guy.

lol. You can't say something is "on record" and then attempt to justify it by saying "read between the lines." One insinuates clearly stated facts and the other entirely speculative. Guy.
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
      lol. You can't say something is "on record" and then attempt to justify it by saying "read between the lines." One insinuates clearly stated facts and the other entirely speculative. Guy.

well.....?
      want to walk this one back?

the deal above is better than what they actually got.
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 3:37 p.m.
      well.....?
      want to walk this one back?

the deal above is better than what they actually got.

Walk back that you cited speculation as fact? No.

He never once publicly stated "on record" that he would only go to nyr
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
      Walk back that you cited speculation as fact? No.

He never once publicly stated "on record" that he would only go to nyr

i was more so referring to the entire conversation, but ok.
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
      i was more so referring to the entire conversation, but ok.

It's not my fault our GM decided to send Kane wherever he wanted to go and was willing to give a gigantic discount in order to do it. I would've just said no and if he didn't pick another team, oh well. But this is actually better than most thought, including myself. At least it still could become a 1st in 2024 or 2025 if the NYR's make the Eastern conference final, which would make the trade a whole lot better. But we'll just have to wait and see.
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
      It's not my fault our GM decided to send Kane wherever he wanted to go and was willing to give a gigantic discount in order to do it. I would've just said no and if he didn't pick another team, oh well. But this is actually better than most thought, including myself. At least it still could become a 1st in 2024 or 2025 if the NYR's make the Eastern conference final, which would make the trade a whole lot better. But we'll just have to wait and see.

leverage was the entire point, which you didn't want to believe existed.
      Feb. 28, 2023 at 4:24 p.m.
      leverage was the entire point, which you didn't want to believe existed.

That isn't true. I did believe the perceived leverage, but I didn't believe that Davidson would allow Drury to have that much leverage. I thought he would just say no and walk away if it was an awful lowball like he has stated many times that he would do. I guess it either wasn't low enough deter him, or he didn't care about the return and just wanted to send Kane wherever he wanted to go for the tank and to make Kane happy.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll