Forums/Armchair-GM

Who might be available due to cap reasons

Created by: Wingsfannn
Team: 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 8, 2023
Published: Mar. 8, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is just a general post for everyone on who they think might be available in the off season to get cap space? I seen a video about the bruins being in a tight spot and maybe brandon carlo will have to be moved, and i think swayman will 100% be moved with ullman playing so well

Who you thinks gone?
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
13$82,500,000$50,428,889$0$3,350,000$32,071,111
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 9, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
Oh defensively Edvinsson and klingberg sounds terrible for sure but with resigning Maatta and Walman we've painted ourselves into a corner. Someone has to be paired with Chairot.

Thats why i had edvinsson in mind to let him run off and do his thing and chiarot stays back. If we paired maata with klingberg i guess it would also allow klingberg to do his thing
Mar. 9, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: Wingsfannn
Think he ****ed up in the sense we didn’t capitalize on our cap space to add short term guys for high picks . Klingberg would only be a target for one year season for me and hope he bounced back to flip

Even in Tampa he didn't really do this and I think it breaks down to is it worth risking the locker room for a draft pick. Teams willing to give up draft picks to just move a player are very much in the hunt for the playoffs or a cup and an overpriced vet getting from a team like that to a team at the bottom isn't going to be happy. Now most players are smart enough to keep their displeasure off the ice and away from the press but in the locker room is the one place where they can vent and have people who can understand what they are going through. The locker room atmosphere is why Yzerman has been able to land some of the UFAs he has and it plays a big part in why the Wing's were in the hunt for a wild card spot.

Maybe I'm wrong about Klingberg you aren't the only person I've come across that doesn't want him in Detroit. I'll try to watch a couple of Wild games this weekend.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
trentbarney
Quoting: aedoran
I wouldn't say Yzerman ****ed up it's more like bad luck. Bertuzzi had only missed signifiant time when he had back surgery and Vrana entering the Players Assistance Program are things you don't expect to happen. You definitely don't expect it to happen to two players in the same season and it's further magnified when both of those players are in your top 6. Yzerman has drafted well and most of his UFA signings have worked out very well for Detroit. I don't think signing Klingberg would be a mistake but it depends on what he will sign for. But bring him in and pairing him with Edvinsson Could end up being a very good move.

Well whoever they sign at Rd should be someone tailored for Edvinsson.My immediate thought is a defensive guy but Edvinsson seems to be playing better next to Johansson lately who's more skilled so maybe klingberg is the answer. Either way it can't be Chairot.

You really want a stable/ reliable partner for a young d, especially one that is going to be more offensive. Klinger has not been good this year and last wasn't great either all signs point to a major fall off. A maata esc defender would be great, just a righty version of him.
Jfstompers and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
Pop Pop
Quoting: trentbarney
You really want a stable/ reliable partner for a young d, especially one that is going to be more offensive. Klinger has not been good this year and last wasn't great either all signs point to a major fall off. A maata esc defender would be great, just a righty version of him.

Severson would be ideal of the ufas but your going to be paying him a lot to get him here and play a 3rd pair role which isn't ideal. Conner Clifton has excelled playing next to Lindholm this season he could be worth a try and will be definitely more affordable but not highly skilled.
trentbarney and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
trentbarney
Severson would be ideal of the ufas but your going to be paying him a lot to get him here and play a 3rd pair role which isn't ideal. Conner Clifton has excelled playing next to Lindholm this season he could be worth a try and will be definitely more affordable but not highly skilled.

I have thought Clifton as well. But I don't really hear his name get brought up often.
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
Pop Pop
I have thought Clifton as well. But I don't really hear his name get brought up often.

Ive seen him play a lot being a native masshole. He's been good this year. He's always played a more limited 3rd pair role but with injuries and such he's been playing higher in the line up. Plus he's can play both sides.n
trentbarney liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:58 p.m.

On this site that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 7:06 p.m.
Ive seen him play a lot being a native masshole. He's been good this year. He's always played a more limited 3rd pair role but with injuries and such he's been playing higher in the line up. Plus he's can play both sides.n

So how did you become a Wing's Fan?
Mar. 9, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.
Pop Pop
Edited Mar. 9, 2023 at 8:34 p.m.
So how did you become a Wing's Fan?[/quote

I grew up liking both Detroit and Boston mostly but as a teen I kinda swayed to the Detroit side since Yzerman was my favorite player. It wasnt easy to be an out of town fan in the 80s.
aedoran and trentbarney liked this.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
Even in Tampa he didn't really do this and I think it breaks down to is it worth risking the locker room for a draft pick. Teams willing to give up draft picks to just move a player are very much in the hunt for the playoffs or a cup and an overpriced vet getting from a team like that to a team at the bottom isn't going to be happy. Now most players are smart enough to keep their displeasure off the ice and away from the press but in the locker room is the one place where they can vent and have people who can understand what they are going through. The locker room atmosphere is why Yzerman has been able to land some of the UFAs he has and it plays a big part in why the Wing's were in the hunt for a wild card spot.

Maybe I'm wrong about Klingberg you aren't the only person I've come across that doesn't want him in Detroit. I'll try to watch a couple of Wild games this weekend.

Sorry for the delay ... he didn’t need to do this in tampa they already had stamkos hedman etc.. and weren’t really bottom contenders year out like we were(still bottom 10)

I dont think if we landed a 2025 1st for monahan it would have ruined things in the locker room . He played good in mtl in the few games he played due to injuries ... wings had cap space and were at the bottom for years and well we ever added was Marc staal for a 2nd. I dont think it would have ruined anything if we added a player on a one year contract to add 1sts and 2nds but we’d have more draft capital to add to make picks or moves. My guess is Chris illitch didn’t want to waste money

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll