SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Is Boston going to Marc Andre Fleury Ullmark this offseason?

Will Ullmark be shipped off for a bag of pucks
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 18, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Looking at Boston's cap space for next season, you guys have a lot of spots to fill with not a lot of cap space, and some likely retirements from guys who were taking team friendly deals. Ullmark seems the most replaceable large cap hit on the team with Swayman looking ready to go, and as a likely Vezina winner this year, I have to ask the question, will Boston do to Ullmark what Vegas did to MAF? Its unfrotnatly a terrible year to move a goalie with so many available in FA.
Mar. 19, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
Bedard23
Well they do have Swayman to take over but realistically I can’t see this happening the main difference is that Fleury is old as dirt and they could see that a decline was on the horizon
Mar. 20, 2023 at 11:17 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Mar. 20, 2023 at 11:23 p.m.
BOS next yr will have a 100th anniversary - so Bergy will be back...

That said, the long-term #1C replacement is the biggest need for this clubs near term future.

So expect that to be the framework of a deal for either Ullmark (or Sway) << traded for a >> young-ish 1C within the next season, or two...
Apr. 13, 2023 at 9:25 a.m.
If the Bruins can keep Sway on less than 5 mil per season long-term, I could see them keeping both goalies around until Ullmark's deal expires. Having 2 fantastic goalies for less than 10 mil with the defense they have could keep them competitive even as they transition the forward group to the young guys.
Apr. 19, 2023 at 11:22 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: McGruff
BOS next yr will have a 100th anniversary - so Bergy will be back...

That said, the long-term #1C replacement is the biggest need for this clubs near term future.

So expect that to be the framework of a deal for either Ullmark (or Sway) << traded for a >> young-ish 1C within the next season, or two...

What do you think of a Swayman - Dach deal
Apr. 20, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
What do you think of a Swayman - Dach deal

Vezina & any playoff performances aside, I think as of right now if BOS had to deal a G-Man it's 29yr old Ullmark traded.

24yr-old Swayman is RFA and his 'tender'-age (pun intended) will be better off down the road since Pasta/McAvoy/Zacha/Lindholm/Carlo are long-term signees.

Let's just say they have a good problem in net if a roster fix is required in '23-24...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit