Next Season

Created by: ange99
Team: 2023-24 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 7, 2023
Published: Apr. 7, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Who adds to what?

For the Miller Trade, I based his value on what an Offer Sheet would cost us: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Assumed Joki's Value is a 3rd rounder, added the 1st + 2nd to even it out. Would give Rangers temporary Cap Relief with an inexpensive Defender. Rangers still have to pay Lindgren next year + this would give them room to possibly resign Taresenko or Kane if they can move te goodrow contract

The Oloffson Trade was done so we could upgrade to get another 2nd to trade away to acquire miller. Silfverberg would be a decent PK'er thats on an expiring contract. I know he has a NTC clause that could stop this but if he says no this isnt the end of the world and we can make this type of trade with other teams. Ducks do this to add scoring + dump cap space for a small downgrade of draft position. They could easily sign a defensive minded forward for cheaper in FA + have more room to sign a better defender now
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,250,000
2$925,000
1$925,000
7$5,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,250,000
Trades
BUF
  1. Silfverberg, Jakob
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (BOS)
ANA
  1. Olofsson, Victor ($2,375,000 retained)
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (LAK)
BUF
  1. Miller, K'Andre [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 4th round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Jokiharju, Henri
  2. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (BOS)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$73,521,070$0$3,145,000$9,978,930
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
UFA - 7
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
RFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 1
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 1
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333
C
RFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 7, 2023 at 8:07 a.m.
Rangers will sing "Nooooooooooooo!"
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 8:17 a.m.
Quoting: Minnachu

In that case, wouldn't we (or any other team) just offer sheet him?

What would be a return that Rangers fans would be happy with for him?
Apr. 7, 2023 at 8:18 a.m.
Exhausted Ranger Fan
Quoting: ange99

Keep beating the dead horse man lol.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 8:55 a.m.
No thanks at that price.

We already have 5 leftys under contract anyways

Also, never try to reason with rangers fans. The Eichel wars were real, never seen so many untouchables that turned out to be pretty mediocre at best
Apr. 7, 2023 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
No thanks at that price.

Also, never try to reason with rangers fans. The Eichel wars were real, never seen so many untouchables that turned out to be pretty mediocre at best

Feel like we could get him at 5.5, just wanted to be safe and overestimate the price. But with the trade cost I feel like giving up a '24 1st + some 2nd's to solidify your top 4 would be worth it. Im not too concerned about the handedness, especially since Dahlin plays mostly Right. Im imagining Power and Miller would be a dominant pair together for the forseeable future.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 9:22 a.m.
Feel like we could get him at 5.5, just wanted to be safe and overestimate the price. But with the trade cost I feel like giving up a '24 1st + some 2nd's to solidify your top 4 would be worth it. Im not too concerned about the handedness, especially since Dahlin plays mostly Right. Im imagining Power and Miller would be a dominant pair together for the forseeable future.

Power just needs his Samuelsson, he doesn't need a guy you pay 3 assets for and biggish money.

As we start to pay players you gotta be smart with assets and money
Apr. 7, 2023 at 10:51 a.m.
The Ducks trade makes little sense from their side. To start you have them paying for retention on Olofsson that they don't need or want because the cap floor has to be considered. Also not sure why a rebuilding team at the bottom of the standings would want to trade back in the draft in any round.

The Ducks problems and holes start on defense. They'll look to address that area of the roster before they worry about adding a guy like Olofsson.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.

Good luck with your veiled threat of an offer sheet nonsense. ZERO chance the Rangers trade him and ZERO chance anyone offer sheets him.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 11:57 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
Good luck with your veiled threat of an offer sheet nonsense. ZERO chance the Rangers trade him and ZERO chance anyone offer sheets him.

Y'all are convinced both Miller and Laf sign budget deals and neither gets OSed when it's a very real possibility. You don't have that much cap space next season, and "we're New York City, why would our player even consider playing THERE" doesn't hold the weight you think it does.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Y'all are convinced both Miller and Laf sign budget deals and neither gets OSed when it's a very real possibility. You don't have that much cap space next season, and "we're New York City, why would our player even consider playing THERE" doesn't hold the weight you think it does.

Yes, I'm sure offer sheets will happen because they are so often used and are always successful and there are never any repercussions for the teams that do try them. Kakko was going to get an offersheet, right? Chytil was ripe for an offer sheetsheet, right? It's all NONSENSE posted by fans unhappy with their teams. Good luck with it.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Signing Chytil to that deal gives the rangers significant amount of cap space to lock up miller and laf.
Everyone is forgetting that we have a decent chunk of cap coming off the books in dead space.
People also assume that every player will sign an offer sheet, but is miller really going to want to go to live in buffalo? Hasnt the repeated narrative been "most NTC's are to prevent people from moving to buffalo or ottawa or arizona"
Yeah buffalo is significantly better this year than last, and they do look like they'll be a playoff contender next season, but until they do? I cant see miller taking that offer sheet.

The rangers are in the midst of a big run to the playoffs. Miller is likely going to sign a 2-3 year deal for 4 million, with the knowledge that as the cap climbs we'll be able to lock him up for 8 years after.
The rangers have been in cap pinches before and yet never lost a key player like miller to an offersheet.
Theres a reason for it.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: slater417
Signing Chytil to that deal gives the rangers significant amount of cap space to lock up miller and laf.
Everyone is forgetting that we have a decent chunk of cap coming off the books in dead space.
People also assume that every player will sign an offer sheet, but is miller really going to want to go to live in buffalo? Hasnt the repeated narrative been "most NTC's are to prevent people from moving to buffalo or ottawa or arizona"
Yeah buffalo is significantly better this year than last, and they do look like they'll be a playoff contender next season, but until they do? I cant see miller taking that offer sheet.

The rangers are in the midst of a big run to the playoffs. Miller is likely going to sign a 2-3 year deal for 4 million, with the knowledge that as the cap climbs we'll be able to lock him up for 8 years after.
The rangers have been in cap pinches before and yet never lost a key player like miller to an offersheet.
Theres a reason for it.

I doubt your common sense here will register with Buffalo or Hab fans, they seem to be immune to it.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
I doubt your common sense here will register with Buffalo or Hab fans, they seem to be immune to it.

I take solace in the fact that I watched vancouver fans talk about how they didnt want Chytil for JT miller last deadline, and they didnt want nils lundkvist, and they wanted schneider.
I said he was close to untouchable.
And now I laugh.

I watched this offseason as I said the rangers wouldn't move laf or kakko for kane. I said they wouldnt move any of the kids for a deadline move. I said they wouldn't waste a first on kane, and right up until the deal, Chicago fans were emphatic that they were getting kakko or laf.
And now I laugh.

And now Buffalo and hab fans are talking about taking essential core pieces from our roster for future picks and mid prospects, because "we're in a cap crunch".
With the chytil signing the rangers have 13 million to sign laf and miller and then fill the remaining roster (assuming a 1million raise) The remainder of the roster can be filled with league min salaries for 5 spots so thats 8+ million for 2 players.
Not a risk losing either, and thats without moving goodrow (who actually has value around the league)
Or doing something big like moving Kreider early.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 1:21 p.m.
Quoting: slater417
I take solace in the fact that I watched vancouver fans talk about how they didnt want Chytil for JT miller last deadline, and they didnt want nils lundkvist, and they wanted schneider.
I said he was close to untouchable.
And now I laugh.

I watched this offseason as I said the rangers wouldn't move laf or kakko for kane. I said they wouldnt move any of the kids for a deadline move. I said they wouldn't waste a first on kane, and right up until the deal, Chicago fans were emphatic that they were getting kakko or laf.
And now I laugh.

And now Buffalo and hab fans are talking about taking essential core pieces from our roster for future picks and mid prospects, because "we're in a cap crunch".
With the chytil signing the rangers have 13 million to sign laf and miller and then fill the remaining roster (assuming a 1million raise) The remainder of the roster can be filled with league min salaries for 5 spots so thats 8+ million for 2 players.
Not a risk losing either, and thats without moving goodrow (who actually has value around the league)
Or doing something big like moving Kreider early.

I said same things and 100% agree with what you say. I also remember them saying Georgiev was trash and not even worth a late round pick, but the AV's knew what he was. 37 wins and a .918 save %.
Guess that's why the AV's are good and these other teams are not!
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
B
Quoting: Minnachu

For obvious reasons.?

No thanks at that price.

Good, and getting better, elcs for 10m Jack was not in the cards. Why is that soooo hard to understand??? Also, premature evaluation...
Onlyfairtrades1 liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
No thanks at that price.

All those pretty untouchable mediocre at best players are going to the PLAYOFFS.....AGAIN, along with Georgie in Colorado and Jack in Vegas. Guess mediocre at best is still better than whatever is going on in Buffalo.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
For obvious reasons.?

Good, and getting better, elcs for 10m Jack was not in the cards. Why is that soooo hard to understand??? Also, premature evaluation...

See my previous post about Buffalo fans and common sense.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
All those pretty untouchable mediocre at best players are going to the PLAYOFFS.....AGAIN, along with Georgie in Colorado and Jack in Vegas. Guess mediocre at best is still better than whatever is going on in Buffalo.

What's going on in Buffalo is we gutted our team 2 years ago and are already knocking on the playoff door. We have most of our young core already locked up and a stable full of high end prospects with no cap issues on the horizon.

That's what's going on in buffalo.
Apr. 7, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
What's going on in Buffalo is we gutted our team 2 years ago and are already knocking on the playoff door. We have most of our young core already locked up and a stable full of high end prospects with no cap issues on the horizon.

That's what's going on in buffalo.

Nope. 10 straight years of top 10 draft picks including 2 first overall picks and 2 second overall picks, and none above #8 pick, and zero playoffs to show for it, that's what is going on in Buffalo. Yet Buffalo fans love to pass judgement on other teams players and management. Look in the mirror for that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll