Islanders Game 1 Review

Created by: BenIslandersFan
Team: 2022-23 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 18, 2023
Published: Apr. 18, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
4 NEGATIVES from Game 1*

-Dobson is absolutely awful... AWFUL. He is the QB of the worst powerplay in the NHL, bad in his own zone, bad positioning, doesn't transition the puck well and turns the puck over every shift... I don't care if he leads Isles defense in points in the regular season (he should HE IS QB OF PP1) GET HIM OFF PP1
-Pelech has been a ghost of himself since coming back from injury... Where did the pelech of the past go? Absolutely Awful Game 1 as well
-Lee was awful all game with brick hands and no speed... I love Lee, but I would probably move him to Nelson line (maybe give it one more try Game 2 with Barzal and Horvat)
-Bad Game for Nelson Game 1, but hopeful he will turn it around game 2

4 POSITIVES*

-Probably Pulock's best game of the season. Played physical, fast and smart. Set the tone on the first shift by laying the hammer
-Horvat is a stud (needs to score more) but he is always in the right position and makes great plays with the puck. Goals & points will come
-Sorokin was dominant as per usual. Kept us in the game bailing out Dobson's turnovers and Pelech's forgetfulness of how to play hockey
-Parise-JGP-Fasching line continues to impress and create opportunities. If only Pageau could bury an open chance.... he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

OTHER THOUGHTS*

-Need Romanov back ASAP and need to lessen Dobson's role dramatically (should not be on first line with Pelech and QB of PP1)
-Barzal was rusty in his return, but that was expected after missing 2 months
-The Reffing was absolutely horrendous for both sides and playoff hockey should consist of less penalties all together. On the other hand Islanders had many chances with PP's of their own... need to capitalize
-Lastly, it's only Game 1, still a lot of hockey to be played. Need to take Game 2 and go back to UBS Arena tied 1-1. Home ice will be easier to matchup differently and get Staal away from Horvat and Barzal
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$82,500,000$84,009,963$245,796$1,452,500-$1,509,963

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
What has happened to the identity line? They were invisible and hit no one. If they want to beat the Canes, they need to beat on the Canes.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:12 a.m.
Your take on Dobson is not true. He ranked as the isles best defenseman last night and his transition numbers are by far the best on the isles. You’re just looking to put the blame on him for whatever reason.

Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
What has happened to the identity line? They were invisible and hit no one. If they want to beat the Canes, they need to beat on the Canes.

They can’t keep up with the canes. They play too fast , the 4th line spent most of their ice scrambling in the Dzone .
bagelbob liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
They can’t keep up with the canes. They play too fast , the 4th line spent most of their ice scrambling in the Dzone .

the entire team can't keep up with the canes. the team speed just isn't there.
Db1899 liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
the entire team can't keep up with the canes. the team speed just isn't there.

The top 9 did a decent job and pelech -Dobson controlled play. The 4th line + mayfield/bolduc made it look worse than it was. Bolduc dragged down Pulock and Mayfield was a liability so that pair looked poor
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:53 a.m.

All the more reason to hit them and slow them down. They just have to adjust their play style a little and make hitting a priority over other things. If they don't, they are done IMO.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 11:54 a.m.
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
All the more reason to hit them and slow them down. They just have to adjust their play style a little and make hitting a priority over other things. If they don't, they are done IMO.

The reason why they can’t hit is because they are too slow to pucks. If they hit the canes players after the puck is gone that’s a penalty
bagelbob liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
The reason why they can’t hit is because they are too slow to pucks. If they hit the canes players after the puck is gone that’s a penalty

I know the rules of hockey. What I am saying is they have to change their priorities a little and make hitting the Canes priority #1 and if the team thinks in those terms, it becomes easier to hit them as a team. I have played against faster teams and this is the way to slow them down, but it takes a different mindset than they are use to.

The Rangers have the same issue with the Devils. If they don't prioritize hitting the Debs as a team, they probably lose the series.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
Your take on Dobson is not true. He ranked as the isles best defenseman last night and his transition numbers are by far the best on the isles. You’re just looking to put the blame on him for whatever reason.

Yes you're right!!! The QB of PP1 that was ranked dead last in the NHL this season and went 0/4 last night again is an amazing player. I also love when he has easy quick outs of the zone and instead decides to spin around the net right on into traffic pinning the Islanders in their DZone. I also love his great turnovers that lead to scoring chances. I don't care that someone (who probably never played hockey in his life) put together stupid analytics into a graph that looks pretty. I know what I saw and what everyone else who I talked to saw and that's that Dobson sucks. (Yes he lead the team in points... I'd sure hope so as QB of PP1. The difference in the canes and Islanders is that the Hurricanes lead with brent burns compared to the Islanders who lead with Noah Dobson
Apr. 18, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
Edited Apr. 18, 2023 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: BenIslandersFan
Yes you're right!!! The QB of PP1 that was ranked dead last in the NHL this season and went 0/4 last night again is an amazing player. I also love when he has easy quick outs of the zone and instead decides to spin around the net right on into traffic pinning the Islanders in their DZone. I also love his great turnovers that lead to scoring chances. I don't care that someone (who probably never played hockey in his life) put together stupid analytics into a graph that looks pretty. I know what I saw and what everyone else who I talked to saw and that's that Dobson sucks. (Yes he lead the team in points... I'd sure hope so as QB of PP1. The difference in the canes and Islanders is that the Hurricanes lead with brent burns compared to the Islanders who lead with Noah Dobson

With your logic, Barzal and Nelson are terrible on the powerplay since they were apart of it. Horvat as well, he hasn't scored a powerplay goal in 2 months.

Dobson will turn the puck over, you're showing you don't know puck because most of the top puck players/puck movers also lead the league in turnovers because they usually have the puck on their stick. Pulock was on the ice for 10 high danger scoring chances against, Pelech 5, and Dobson 2. So you're either blind or you just have a bias against Dobson. Looks like you aren't a true fan.

You don't know what you saw because everything you said is wrong and can easily be proven wrong with basic stats, not just analytics.

Dobson leads the team in 5v5 points by a lot , what is the excuse for the that one? A player two straight 50 pt seasons and strong puck moving abilities does not suck, you can't even have a rational discussion about a player because you're triggered about his style of play.

Burns is a Norris caliber two way defenseman, Dobson is a high end top 4 offensive defenseman. yes there's difference, good job. Dobson is by far the isles best offensIve D at even strength and on the PP, who else would you like them to lead with?
Apr. 18, 2023 at 2:48 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
With your logic, Barzal and Nelson are terrible on the powerplay since they were apart of it. Horvat as well, he hasn't scored a powerplay goal in 2 months.

Dobson will turn the puck over, you're showing you don't know puck because most of the top puck players/puck movers also lead the league in turnovers because they usually have the puck on their stick. Pulock was on the ice for 10 high danger scoring chances against, Pelech 5, and Dobson 2. So you're either blind or you just have a bias against Dobson. Looks like you aren't a true fan.

You don't know what you saw because everything you said is wrong and can easily be proven wrong with basic stats, not just analytics.

Dobson leads the team in 5v5 points by a lot , what is the excuse for the that one?

Burns is a Norris caliber two way defenseman, Dobson is a high end top 4 offensive defenseman. yes there's difference, good job.

HAHAHAH "Looks like you aren't a true fan."- coming from the one who was shi*ting on the Islanders all year telling me to "check the standings, bud" and saying how there is no chance the Islanders make the playoffs. You are just a loser with 14,000 posts on this website who flaunts around how you have so much fake money (you're probably a broke bi*ch tbh) and how "you will be going to every playoff game" HAHAHA How was the game in Raleigh last night?? I'm sooooo sure you went to it tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

Also "By a lot"?!?!?! A simple google search will show you you're wrong... 6 more 5v5 points than DEFENSIVE DEFENSMAN Scott Mayfield, only 9 more then the player you've been crying to trade for a bag of pucks in all your shi*ty GM threads you make Romanov, 9 more than Aho and Pelech.

Regardless he is supposed to be the top scoring Dman on the team (which he is barely at 5v5) but his mere 6 points more at 5v5 isn't enough to make up for his brutal defense and absolutely atrocious turnovers. I do watch puck... You are clueless and your takes have been sh*t all year. In fact, everything you say the opposite normally happens lmao. You **** on Clutterbuck the next day he scored 2 goals in huge win tears of joy

You truly are clueless... It's just funny the only player you stick up for is Dobson who is awful.
IslesMan10 liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
HAHAHAH "Looks like you aren't a true fan."- coming from the one who was shi*ting on the Islanders all year telling me to "check the standings, bud" and saying how there is no chance the Islanders make the playoffs. You are just a loser with 14,000 posts on this website who flaunts around how you have so much fake money (you're probably a broke bi*ch tbh) and how "you will be going to every playoff game" HAHAHA How was the game in Raleigh last night?? I'm sooooo sure you went to it tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

Also "By a lot"?!?!?! A simple google search will show you you're wrong... 6 more 5v5 points than DEFENSIVE DEFENSMAN Scott Mayfield, only 9 more then the player you've been crying to trade for a bag of pucks in all your shi*ty GM threads you make Romanov, 9 more than Aho and Pelech.

Regardless he is supposed to be the top scoring Dman on the team (which he is barely at 5v5) but his mere 6 points more at 5v5 isn't enough to make up for his brutal defense and absolutely atrocious turnovers. I do watch puck... You are clueless and your takes have been sh*t all year. In fact, everything you say the opposite normally happens lmao. You **** on Clutterbuck the next day he scored 2 goals in huge win tears of joy

You truly are clueless... It's just funny the only player you stick up for is Dobson who is awful.

I was there my man! were you?

you implied that the only reason he leads the team in points is because he QB PP1. You do realize that every defenseman other than Aho gets more 5v5 ice time. 6 is a lot , 9 is a lot. Then when you take into account that Dobsons ice time is less than both of those players, its a big difference. These are just facts. If you can prove to me that Dobson sucks ill Venmo you $200. Please try to prove me wrong.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-2-59-57-PM">
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:06 p.m.

I notice turnovers bother you a lot, interesting how the guy you defend has more turnovers than the defenseman who has the puck on his stick a lot more...

<a href=Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-3-04-31-PM">
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
I notice turnovers bother you a lot, interesting how the guy you defend has more turnovers than the defenseman who has the puck on his stick a lot more...

Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-3-04-31-PM">

How was the game in Raleigh last night?? You lying loser tears of joy tears of joy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
I was there my man! were you?

you implied that the only reason he leads the team in points is because he QB PP1. You do realize that every defenseman other than Aho gets more 5v5 ice time. 6 is a lot , 9 is a lot. Then when you take into account that Dobsons ice time is less than both of those players, its a big difference. These are just facts. If you can prove to me that Dobson sucks ill Venmo you $200. Please try to prove me wrong.

Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-2-59-57-PM">

You can't prove something to someone who is delusional and stubborn. Hold your $200 I'm sure you need it more than I do "rich" boy tears of joy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:26 p.m.
How was the game in Raleigh last night?? You lying loser tears of joy tears of joy

it obviously sucked I had to watch cal clutterbuck lose his man on the PP

<a href=Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-3-24-36-PM">
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
You can't prove something to someone who is delusional and stubborn. Hold your $200 I'm sure you need it more than I do "rich" boy tears of joy

ironic. You won't even try because you know you're wrong lol.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
it obviously sucked I had to watch cal clutterbuck lose his man on the PP

Screen-Shot-2023-04-18-at-3-24-36-PM">

Where's your picture from the game last LL (Lying Loser) ???? tears of joy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
Where's your picture from the game last LL (Lying Loser) ???? tears of joy

were they taking professional pictures at PNC arena last night?
Apr. 18, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
were they taking professional pictures at PNC arena last night?

Lmao you tell me LL. Lets see em!!!
Apr. 18, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
Lmao you tell me LL. Lets see em!!!

see what?
Apr. 18, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
see what?

Pictures of you at the game!! tears of joy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
Pictures of you at the game!! tears of joy

why would I take a picture at the game?
Apr. 18, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.
BenIslandersFan
why would I take a picture at the game?

LMAO Who doesn't take pictures at a playoff hockey game?? You're full of crap and like I said probably a broke boy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
LMAO Who doesn't take pictures at a playoff hockey game?? You're full of crap and like I said probably a broke boy

you're talking like someone who hasn't been to many playoff games my man. Yup you're right definitely broke - my welfare pays for my condo in south beach tears of joy

What do you do for work?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll