SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock with trades and small explanations

Mock with trades and small explanations

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Bdawwwgy1
Published: May 1, 2023 at 2:52 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (2→1)
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (6→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Duh
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-obvious number 2
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Zegras - MacTavish - Carlsson will be the best top 9 center core for years, or they can move someone to wing.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-First surprise, as many think Michkov will be locked down in the top 4 but i think he is definitely going to fall
5Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Underrated to me, shining in the U18s currently. San Jose has made some questionable draft choices in recent years so i think they go with a "safer" pick here
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-TRADE. STL trades 10, 30, 74 and a 2025 second for 6. they take Benson
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly needs a bit of everything, so they take BPA.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-I think Washington also needs a bit of everything, but they settle with a high upside RHD as their RHD core is aging and Carlsson is at his decline
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I dont see Oliver NOT going to detroit if hes there at 9.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-MTL takes a very high upside winger.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-My hot take here is that Michkov goes somewhere from 10-15, and i think Vacouver Arizona and Buffalo would all take him with no hesitation when he does slide. You can say theres "no way he slides this far" but this wouldnt even be as crazy as Wright falling to 4.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsAwesome big winger.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-TRADE. MTL trades 17 and Barron to BUF for 13 and a 2023 third. MTL does this for a high upside guy in Perreault who is going much earlier than many people think, and Buffalo does this as they need more RHD prospects and there arent any available at 13 that you can justify taking that early
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-honzek is very much a "fine" player here and a reach to me, but the Pens as of late are perfectly fine with mediocrity
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Skill and Hands are worthy of a top 5 pick, but his skating, size and consistency bring that down.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Close to NHL ready
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersI dont LOVE Dragiecevic with my limited eye test but he is doing very well analytically which i think the new Buffalo regime relies on. Like i said they need more RHDs in their pool, so walking out of the draft with Barron and Dragon (my nickname for him) for the 13th pick and a third would be good.
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersI am absolutely fascinated by him. So offensively gifted but needs to round out every aspect of his game more. I could also see him being available in the second or third rounds, he reminds me of Calgarys prospect Jeremie Poirer who everyone thought was a first due to his offensive ability but fell far due to being underdeveloped everywhere else.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Size size size. Winnipeg is likely retooling and they get a good big winger who i could see slipping.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningYager was originally going to be much higher but hasnt exceeded expectations as expected. Still a value pick at 20.
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Willander is so good.
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minny will forever need centers. Danielson reminds me of JEEK very much.
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsHe is a big, scary fin. I do think CBJ would like more size.
24Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York RangersNext best defensemen. I could see him and Gulyayev switching spots here, depending on what these gms value.
25Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas StarsTRADE - NYR trade Schneider and 25 for Ehlers. Winnipeg takes Pinelli, a smaller crafty guy after taking a big power forward earlier.
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I was half torn between trading this pick in a package for Kyle Connor or Scheifele, but i think Colorado adds someone in UFA and keeps the pick. Brindley is very good and overlooked due to size.
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersBONK BONK BONK
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto takes BPA in Heidt.
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAfter taking 2 wingers, MTL settles on a bigger forward who i think is looking like a perfectly fine 3c. I think they will want a dman here, but decide to defer to pick 37 for that and look at the 2024 draft which is very dman heavy and stick with a forward here.
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devilsi think price will surely be a 1st rounder
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-I like Koehn and hes very much a canes pick, however i think Heidt hides a lot of his issues that
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-really good dman
34Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-TRADE - Columbus trades 34 and Samuel Knazko for Connor Murphy. Chicago gets two good prospects for their rebuild and Columbus gets a reliable hometown RHD on a fair contract. CHI takes Gibson who ironically reminds me of murphy.
35Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Very reliable
36Logo of the San Jose Sharks-i dont love Musty like others do, i think hes a bit overrated due to his size. overall hes just fine to me
37Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Sale, Perreault, Stramel, and Lindstein is a haul for their first four picks
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona really needs to improve their D pool, and Allen is very sturdy and reliable
39Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersLike i said earlier, Buffalo needs more size. But is good and huge
40Logo of the Washington Capitals-
41Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Fantastic but reallly small
42Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the St. Louis BluesEarlier seen as a potential top 20 pick, he needs to improve his offense but the skill is there
43Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
44Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa Senators
45Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
46Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
47Logo of the Nashville Predators-
48Logo of the Calgary Flames-
49Logo of the Florida Panthers-
50Logo of the New York Islanders-
51Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
52Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
53Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
54Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
55Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Rangers
57Logo of the Dallas Stars-
58Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
59Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
60Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
61Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
62Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
63Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
64Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 1, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
I'm not sure STL would give that much to move from 10 to 6. Maybe 10 and 30 for 6 if they want to secure Moore or Reinbacher.

MTL wouldn't trade Barron to move up 4 spots.
May 1, 2023 at 3:01 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Zero chance of Michkov falling to Vancouver at 11, If he fell he wouldn't get past Detroit. His scoring is unreal.
May 1, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
Think the blues would rather just stay at 10 instead of sending a another 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up 4 spots. Really I'd only move up to grab one of Fanitili/Carlsson/Smith. IF they aren't available I'd rather just keep all of our picks
May 1, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
While Price might be a 1st round talent sharks just spent a lot of effort to get Mukhamadulin and Thurn to rebuild their LD and that is by far their lowest priority so they would opt for RW/RD or G here Zeimmer plays their style of game and would be a good fit.

Musty at 36 isn’t a bad option but I have a feeling if Hrabal is still there at 36 sharks grab him to start fixing their long running issues with Goalie development (last 2 sharks goalies drafted by the team to get to an all star game are Nabokov and Kiprusoff and that’s a long time to go between developing high caliber Goalies! This might be a reach but sharks need a starter caliber goalie for their future and he is the best option in this draft and won’t be available by their next pick.
May 1, 2023 at 8:33 p.m.
mokumboi
The Blues are NOT doing that trade, which is an absolute fleecing, and they sure as hell aren't doing it to take a winger.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll