SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Aaron Dell to Vegas?

Jun. 18, 2017 at 6:58 p.m.
People are saying to get Raanta or Grubauer, but both NYR and WSH have better players at different positions and Dell was one of the best backups in the league
So would it make sense if they took Fleury and Dell, so Fleury plays like 2 or 3 years and mentors him along the way?
Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.
Below Market Value
I think there are better options at goalie. I do agree with you on taking Schmidt over Grubauer. But I think Raanta is the best choice from NYR. Plus Fleury, Mrazek, Korpisalo, and Pickard would be better choices than Dell. I'd take Schlemko from SJS, as he's vastly underrated.
Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.
Canucks Fan
I could definitely see Vegas selecting 4 or maybe even 5 of Fleury, Grubauer, Raanta, Mrazek, Pickard and Korpisalo, then trading two of them to teams in need of a backup (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Los Angeles, Montreal, San Jose, Anaheim etc.)
Jun. 21, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.
Quoting: Sahil2020
People are saying to get Raanta or Grubauer, but both NYR and WSH have better players at different positions and Dell was one of the best backups in the league
So would it make sense if they took Fleury and Dell, so Fleury plays like 2 or 3 years and mentors him along the way?

This is the same Dell who letup 6 goals against Dallas in one of his last starts... I picked him to be their backup over a year ago so I'm a fan of his... I even have the program from his first NHL win against the Islanders smile. HE is not the best backup in the NHL... Vegas is likely to take Dillon or DeMelo who is a right shot D-man who Sharks tried to hide keeping him out of Post Season costing them any real chances... They did this dumb double lefty pair with Schlemko who might be another option in expansion draft though I doubt it. Nashville did this going with two right shot D-men or two left shot on PP at times in SCF faltering badly. They even had that 5-3 with the 5 minute major against Ducks they failed to score. One of the goals they letup at home early in SCF was when had two right shooting D-men on the ice together. Were a few goals scored against them having double the same shot on rear guard.

I'm thinking guys like Anton Forsberg (CBJ), Gudlveski (Tampa), Hutchinson (Jets), Mrazek (Det) are the likely Goalies... I'm hoping they get a player like Ian Cole, prospect, draft pick or so for taking Fleury from Penguins. HE is likely to be their Brian Hayward or so who never panned out for Sharks being injured mostly. I hope he has a good year or two left, though he has been injury prone. I don't think Dell faced more than 9 shots in a period in many if any games this season either. I'm not expecting them to take Raanta, maybe Grabner who has good speed coming off a nice goal scoring season from Rangers... Supposedly there is a side deal not to take Joonas Korpisalo from Blue Jackets...
Jun. 21, 2017 at 12:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Sahil2020

wait, i didn't notice how good Dell is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll