Forums/Mock-Draft

thoughts?

thoughts?

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: RealHavocc
Published: May 14, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-i mean, its pretty much confirmed
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-i like fantilli more, but i think the ducks take the guy with higher two-way upside
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Steal here tbh
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-they can take the time and wait on him, and continue to add to the young core while doing so
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-he can be a bit lazy at times, but that can be fixed with the right coaching, and hes a perfect #2 C behind Suzuki to play with Dach and whoever else
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-a bit of a reach but i think arizona understands the risks and will take them to ensure they can get the best guy to add to their d-core
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-size. doesn't. matter. This kid is crazy, and plays like hes way bigger than he is, great fit for the philly system under torts
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-with backstrom nearing the end, and kuzy probably on his sway out of Washington, Dvorsky is one of the best guys they can get here, ive been super high on this kid for a few years, and id be hyped to watch him with ovi
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Many possibilities here, but none beat Moore, i love watching this guy play, hes just like a mini Larkin, would be a great fit in the system!
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-some may call this a reach but my lord is Perreault amazing, such a fun player to watch and he can dominate in all 3 zones, St Louis is gonna love this guy alongside Thomas and Kyrou
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Hronek helps a bit, but they still have a problem with RHD, and ASP is a great addition
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senatorsskilled forward, has a bit of a problem with laziness i've heard, but i think that can be fixed relatively easily
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-i dont know what it is, but i love this fit
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-cant describe it, but i really like the idea of Yager to Pitt
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Barlow is close to NHL ready, and will be great in Nashville's system with guys like Svechkov and Evangelista
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-smaller, skilled winger, gives me Johnny Gaudreau vibes
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islandersthis is a wings fan's dream right here. Moore and Leonard, amazing
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-not a huge fan of Dragicevic because of his lesser defensive ability, but he seems like someone Chevy would pick
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningHe fell due to size and skating concerns, might as well make their new star happy by grabbing his buddy
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-higher risk maybe, but really high reward here , plus his chemistry with fellow Kraken prospect David Goyette is awesome
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-helps with the center depth in MN
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kingsbig physical power winger, not necessarily someone columbus has in the system
23Logo of the New York Rangers-BPA
24Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsDefense is definietely needed, might as well with 3 1sts
25Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devilsbest d avail
26Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafsundersized winger with crazy playmaking ability
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsDetroit (pick 28 and Murray for 42)
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
30Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 14, 2023 at 7:52 p.m.
Personally I hope Ryan Leonard doesn’t get by the Sabres
May 14, 2023 at 8:02 p.m.
mokumboi
The Blues will likely not be taking any of those players, let alone all three. And I have no idea what defense you think Gulyaev adds.

Also, there's no way in hell you're getting Leonard at 19, so might as well perish that thought. He'll probably be gone before your first pick.
May 14, 2023 at 8:30 p.m.
I doubt the blues take Perrault while Leonard is still on the board. They also don't select smallish wingers so it's a no to Perron
May 14, 2023 at 8:46 p.m.
Joe
Red Wings should trade up 17OA to get a Moore + Leonard combo. Would be insane.
May 14, 2023 at 8:56 p.m.
power forward
I have a few takes.

1. Fantilli is 80% the pick for Anaheim. I would even put Smith and Michkov in the mix for 2nd overall. Anaheim doesn't have a specific need, they can afford to wait on Michkov while the rest of the prospects break into the NHL. Smith has a lot of Zegras in his game, so he would be a perfect fit. But Fantilli can do everything with and without the puck on his stick. Carlsson is not really a two-way forward. While being smart defensively, he's mostly a power forward who provides offensive skill and grit.

2. 100% Michkov will NOT go to the Sharks. Mike Grier has already said he wants bigger prospects, and Michkov is not a big prospect. Smith would be a better option for the Sharks.

3. Picks 6, 7, 9 are good options. I would swap Perreault and Dvorsky, then you have a better top ten.

4. The Vancouver I like, although I love Willander's defensive game better. However, I do see why he falls, he's basically non-exsistent offensively (except for the U18s). You nailed Arizona's second pick, I totally could see them taking Sale. Yes he can be lazy, but he's basically Keller 2.0. Buffalo you also nailed, Wood has a lot of Tage in him.

5. Pittsburgh gets a home run in Leonard. I guarantee you he doesn't fall past Pittsburgh. I like Yager, but he has skating issues. And he's not really consistent in terms of offense.

6. Flames you nailed, I've had the Flames taking Heidt for the same reason as you.

7. As a Jets fan, I do not want Dragicevic anywhere near a Jets jersey. Danielson, Bonk, and Willander are all better options. Bowness can easily unlock Willander's offensive potential.

8. Seattle needs defense, and they should not pass up on Bonk or Willander. But if neither of them is available, I do agree with Musty being the pick for the same reason as you.

Overall, you got most of it, well done! Hope this helps you.
May 14, 2023 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: Z0ra
I have a few takes.

1. Fantilli is 80% the pick for Anaheim. I would even put Smith and Michkov in the mix for 2nd overall. Anaheim doesn't have a specific need, they can afford to wait on Michkov while the rest of the prospects break into the NHL. Smith has a lot of Zegras in his game, so he would be a perfect fit. But Fantilli can do everything with and without the puck on his stick. Carlsson is not really a two-way forward. While being smart defensively, he's mostly a power forward who provides offensive skill and grit.

2. 100% Michkov will NOT go to the Sharks. Mike Grier has already said he wants bigger prospects, and Michkov is not a big prospect. Smith would be a better option for the Sharks.

3. Picks 6, 7, 9 are good options. I would swap Perreault and Dvorsky, then you have a better top ten.

4. The Vancouver I like, although I love Willander's defensive game better. However, I do see why he falls, he's basically non-exsistent offensively (except for the U18s). You nailed Arizona's second pick, I totally could see them taking Sale. Yes he can be lazy, but he's basically Keller 2.0. Buffalo you also nailed, Wood has a lot of Tage in him.

5. Pittsburgh gets a home run in Leonard. I guarantee you he doesn't fall past Pittsburgh. I like Yager, but he has skating issues. And he's not really consistent in terms of offense.

6. Flames you nailed, I've had the Flames taking Heidt for the same reason as you.

7. As a Jets fan, I do not want Dragicevic anywhere near a Jets jersey. Danielson, Bonk, and Willander are all better options. Bowness can easily unlock Willander's offensive potential.

8. Seattle needs defense, and they should not pass up on Bonk or Willander. But if neither of them is available, I do agree with Musty being the pick for the same reason as you.

Overall, you got most of it, well done! Hope this helps you.

Pretty spot on, another though on the sharks 2nd 1st, with Thurn, Kinazev, & Mukhamadulin likely to be pushing for NHL this year along with Ferraro Knyzhov Simek & Vlasic the idea of adding yet another LD with so many other positions of need seems foolish.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll