SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Peter Budaj (2 Years / $1,025,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:19 p.m.
Peter Budaj has signed a new contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Standard Contract (Extension)
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Steve Yzerman
Length: 2 years
Value: $2,050,000
Expiry Status: UFA
Cap % Tooltip: 1.37
Signing Team: Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningTampa Bay Lightning
Signing Date: Jun. 19, 2017

Peter Budaj signed a 2 year, $2,050,000 contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jun. 19, 2017. The contract has a cap hit of $1,025,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2017-18$1,025,000$1,025,000$0$0$1,025,000$1,025,000$1,025,000
2018-19$1,025,000$1,025,000$0$0$1,025,000$1,025,000$1,025,000
TOTAL$2,050,000$2,050,000$0$0$2,050,000$2,050,000$2,050,000
Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:23 p.m.
Banned
Good fit there, can handle a big work load if need be and can keep Vasilevsky off his feet for some time if need be!
Jun. 20, 2017 at 1:47 a.m.
I'm real glad for Budaj he has always been pretty good in regular season struggling in Post Season... I hope this means Vegas will be taking Gudlveski (sp) the Latvian sensation smile. HE did pretty well for the Kings before he was traded to Tampa. At the time he had them in the Post Season, afterwards they fell fast... Tampa looked like they were done but made a real solid push for Post Season that I think failed by trading Boyle which helped Toronto get in there. Things worked out pretty well for Ben Bishop too whose injuries are only thing that kept him away from a Stanley Cup thus far smile. Lots of teams setup for the expansion draft, now they are building for Cup runs again etc wink...
Jun. 20, 2017 at 7:48 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
I'm real glad for Budaj he has always been pretty good in regular season struggling in Post Season... I hope this means Vegas will be taking Gudlveski (sp) the Latvian sensation smile. HE did pretty well for the Kings before he was traded to Tampa. At the time he had them in the Post Season, afterwards they fell fast... Tampa looked like they were done but made a real solid push for Post Season that I think failed by trading Boyle which helped Toronto get in there. Things worked out pretty well for Ben Bishop too whose injuries are only thing that kept him away from a Stanley Cup thus far smile. Lots of teams setup for the expansion draft, now they are building for Cup runs again etc wink...

Tampa likely to lose one of either Dotchin, Koekkoek, or Brown. Unless Yzerman has cracked a deal to protect any of them, but that seems unlikely.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:03 a.m.
Quoting: loganreid

Tampa likely to lose one of either Dotchin, Koekkoek, or Brown. Unless Yzerman has cracked a deal to protect any of them, but that seems unlikely.

We will know for sure soon, Dorchin seems possible out of names mentioned... Though I'm real high on Kristers Gudlevskis, he nearly beat Canada for Latvia making 55 saves in a 2-1 loss... Besides he has been pretty great in his few NHL games... I think Tampa has tried to keep him hidden since he can be a potential star or least quality number 1A/B or backup sooner rather than later. If not now I think in 2-3 years he could be a major factor which would help Vegas heavily. If they can get Tampa to toss them some draft picks or prospect to take him that would be even better. I think since they signed Budaj they are already planning to lose him via expansion draft etc. Would be funny if they traded Vegas him not to take one of those players you named smile. I'll be sad if he don't end up on Knights or making it into NHL soon.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:08 a.m.

We will know for sure soon, Dorchin seems possible out of names mentioned... Though I'm real high on Kristers Gudlevskis, he nearly beat Canada for Latvia making 55 saves in a 2-1 loss... Besides he has been pretty great in his few NHL games... I think Tampa has tried to keep him hidden since he can be a potential star or least quality number 1A/B or backup sooner rather than later. If not now I think in 2-3 years he could be a major factor which would help Vegas heavily. If they can get Tampa to toss them some draft picks or prospect to take him that would be even better. I think since they signed Budaj they are already planning to lose him via expansion draft etc. Would be funny if they traded Vegas him not to take one of those players you named smile. I'll be sad if he don't end up on Knights or making it into NHL soon.

Just in the past couple days I had heard from I don't remember where that Yzerman was wanting to use Gudlevskis as the backup in Tampa this year, but I dont know. He'll probably get traded for some AHL goalie with no future in the NHL 1 for 1 because reasons beyond anything anyone knows.
Jun. 21, 2017 at 7:26 a.m.
get ur corsi up
This deal is going to end in a buyout.
Jun. 21, 2017 at 12:35 p.m.

Just in the past couple days I had heard from I don't remember where that Yzerman was wanting to use Gudlevskis as the backup in Tampa this year, but I dont know. He'll probably get traded for some AHL goalie with no future in the NHL 1 for 1 because reasons beyond anything anyone knows.

Yeah that was why I was a bit surprised by them suddenly signing Budaj as if they knew they were losing Gudlevskis to Vegas. I'm hoping Knights raked Penguins over coals making them trade Ian Cole, or some other player, prospect and pick to take Fleury... I can see him ending up like Brian Hayward did for the Sharks forcing Jeff Hackett to be the guy getting shelled between pipes smile. Its really eerie how almost exact mirror of expansion of Sharks to Vegas. You had a gambling goalie like Jon Casey lead a team who were the 15th seed with 68 points to the SCF against the Penguins with Super Mario the big thing then. Vancouver had 65 points as the lowest seed for any who wonder. Then out of those ashes rose the Sharks team, Rinne is pretty aggressive who was with the 16th seed losing a real blowout much like Minnesota did least once then too smile.

I hope since I hear they have a side deal with CBJ not to take Joonas they grab Anton Forsberg he could have some real upside... Might be a few years away but he could perhaps be a starter at NHL level. Mrazek from Detroit or Hutchinson from Jets can be the Jeff Hacket if things don't pan out as hoped for Fleury. He can sell a lot of jerseys hopefully, though he has been injury prone so can't bet on him smile. He might retire at end of his contract even if he does well. I can't see him getting another bite of the apple at close to 6M in cap hit smile. Just wish things were done transparent so I was able to enjoy everything and experience it. Instead they probably will announce the trades, then who was taken, followed by more trades made afterwards. I think one expansion Islanders lost Glenn Healy then he ended up on the Rangers, maybe for their last Cup as a backup though not sure year off top of my head wink. I'm worried Drew Doughty will leave Kings to play for Tampa with Stamkos and Hedman.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit