SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2023 NHL Draft With Descriptions June 1st Top 10

2023 NHL Draft With Descriptions June 1st Top 10

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: DevilsFanZack13
Published: May 31, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
Description
Let me know what you guys think of this top 10. I will do another 5 picks in the next couple of days. These picks are just my guesses of where I could see players going.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Generational potential. Don't really need to say anything about Bedard.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I think after everything that Fantilli did in the NCAA, World Juniors and World Championship has shown everyone he is the 2nd best player in this draft. He's got the size, skill, compete, shot, you name it. I know Anaheim lost the draft lottery to not draft Bedard, but Fantilli is a great consolation prize.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-If MIchkov wasn't signed in the KHL through the 25/26 I could see Columbus drafting him. But with that said, Carlsson and MIchkov are probably on the same tier of potential. Carlsson just happens to play center, has great size and has put up pretty good numbers playing against men this year. Great add by the Blue Jackets to go along with Gaudreau, Laine, Johnson and Marchenko.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-At the beginning of the season, I never even heard of Will Smith ( besides the actor ). This guy has just climbed everyone's charts and looks like he can be a true #1 center in the NHL. Besides Eklund I don't think San Jose has a player like Smith in their system. Will Smith, welcome to San Jose.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-We have a trade. Montreal trades pick #5 in the 2023 draft to Washington, in exchange for pick #8 in the 2023 NHL draft and pick #40 in this years draft. The Washington Capitals are proud to select Matvei Michkov.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I know that Benson is on the smaller side, but his skill is unbelievable and would be a great addition to that forward group of the future with Cooley and Geekie.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Even though there's still lots of good forwards available, I see drafting defenseman David Reinbacher. He plays a great 2-way game and could be a top blue liner that Philly definitely needs.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-After acquiring this pick from Washington, Montreal selects center Dalibor Dvorsky. Can't go wrong with adding a big center that has the potential to be a top 6 center in the NHL. There's no rush for him to be in the NHL, so Montreal can let him develop either in Slovakia or in the AHL.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I know Detroit has Larkin and Kasper going forward, but I'm not sure if Kasper will be a top 6 center in the NHL. That is why they draft Moore to add to the mix and depth in center going forward.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-If Sandin Pellikka is still available at pick 10, I could see St. Louis grabbing him. Sandin Pellikka could be the 1st defenseman taken because he has the talent and some draft analysts have him going anywhere between 6-12.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 1, 2023 at 4:18 a.m.
mokumboi
I would be utterly shocked if the Blues wanted ASP at #10. A tiny Dman is not what they need any more of, and the Blues insist on plus skaters in defense. Being small AND an average skater = seems incredibly unlikely. They'd probably take Leonard, Willander or even Danielson, or possibly trade down a few spots/use it to acquire a young NHLer.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 6:14 a.m.
Fall River Habs
I think Montreal May go with Leonard at #8 if they decided to trade down. They could leave him at wing and make Kirby Dach their 2C (even though he has to improve on faceoffs).
Leonard apparently brings that power forward element that is often desired by teams.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 6:16 a.m.
Joe
I'd be more surprised if Kasper isn't a 2C.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: KentMcNally
I think Montreal May go with Leonard at #8 if they decided to trade down. They could leave him at wing and make Kirby Dach their 2C (even though he has to improve on faceoffs).
Leonard apparently brings that power forward element that is often desired by teams.

Montreal is actually targeting leonard as per rumors. Arizona likes reinbacher and the flyers love asp. But if reinbacher is available the flyers take him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll