Forums/Armchair-GM

If Killorn resigns

Created by: LordStanlersCup
Team: 2023-24 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 3, 2023
Published: Jun. 3, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This roster is based on the premise that Killorn will sign a longer term lower AAV deal like Elliotte Friedman suggested he thinks tampa offered to killorn (he says this on the 32 thoughts podcast). The AFP projection for Killorn's contract is 4 x $5.25 and he had the most points out of every free agent available so I do not think Killorn is going to stay in tampa, and I am also really high on colton, I think with some more ice time he could hit 60 points and 30 goals but if we did sign killorn I think the killorn signing and colton trade would look something like this. Foerster is ready for the NHL and is a very similar player to colton in that he has a shoot first mentality and has a great shot, I think he has a higher potential ceiling than colton, is younger and is on an ELC, but is unproven having only played 8 NHL games. He has looked good so far scoring 7 points in 8 games but is playing top line minutes with some talented players so that has to be taken into account aswell as the small sample size. I think colton would be perfect for philly as he would get more ice time and really advance his game and resigning him wouldnt be an issue. Due to Foerster being younger and having a higher potential ceiling I also added Howard who looks promising and could be a steal but he had a bit of a down year last year and is only 19 so it is unlikely that he would see NHL minutes in the near future. Having said that I think the lightning organization is high on Howard and probably wouldnt want to trade him seeing as they deliberately didnt trade their first last year for him so in that case I would pick a combination of different prospects to add or draft picks. I also think that Robert Mastrosimone could be an interesting addition, it looks like he is going to free agency and could be a decent prospect. I havent heard a lot of talk about Korpisalo and I guess thats because he is a bit out of our price range but I would love him in Tampa and he could probably see as many as 30 starts to take the load off of Vasy. Let me know if I need to add for Foerster or what other pieces would be more enticing to Philly. I also didnt go for a LHD because I really like Carlile's game and think he could be a Cernak type of player.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$1,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$3,000,000
2$2,175,000
Trades
TBL
ARI
  1. Myers, Philippe
  2. 2023 6th round pick (TBL)
TBL
    Future Considerations
    PHI
    1. Colton, Ross [RFA Rights]
    2. Howard, Isaac [Reserve List]
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$83,500,000$83,273,333$0$222,500$226,667
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 8
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $3,150,000$3,150,000
    C, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 8
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 8
    $2,175,000$2,175,000
    G
    UFA - 5
    $855,000$855,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $850,000$850,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
    Philly is not trading Foerster for Colton. They are rebuilding and Colton doesn't help them rebuild
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:36 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Roperttos
    Philly is not trading Foerster for Colton. They are rebuilding and Colton doesn't help them rebuild

They aren’t trading Foerster period unless someone wants to hand them something out of this world lol
    twelvedeadmonkies liked this.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
    Briere just laughs and hangs the phone on that proposal
    twelvedeadmonkies liked this.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:38 p.m.

Its not just foerster for colton, howard is a big piece in that trade and they could use the grit and playoff experience that colton could provide as well as he is only 26 so he would still be apart of your later playoff runs
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:40 p.m.
    Quoting: Alex_K
    Briere just laughs and hangs the phone on that proposal

is he that highly touted? What would be an player comparison for him?
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
    Can't see Philly doing this. Forrester's upside is at least equal to what Colton provides now and he's younger and cheaper. Philly isn't contending next season. This deal doesn't make sense for them.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:03 p.m.
    Quoting: LordStanlersCup
    Its not just foerster for colton, howard is a big piece in that trade and they could use the grit and playoff experience that colton could provide as well as he is only 26 so he would still be apart of your later playoff runs

They aren't gonna make the playoffs for like the next 5 years so Colton's playoff experience is worthless and they already have enough grit on the roster. Colton simply doesn't have value to Philly's rebuild and Philly would much rather have Foerster than Howard. While Howard is a nice prospect he hasn't proven anything yet and Foerster has proven to be NHL ready.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:03 p.m.
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    Can't see Philly doing this. Forrester's upside is at least equal to what Colton provides now and he's younger and cheaper. Philly isn't contending next season. This deal doesn't make sense for them.

I dont think what colton provides now is his ceiling, with more ice time I think he could get 60 points, 30 goals and howard would make the team younger and could be a big add but I see what you mean
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
    They aren't gonna make the playoffs for like the next 5 years so Colton's playoff experience is worthless and they already have enough grit on the roster. Colton simply doesn't have value to Philly's rebuild and Philly would much rather have Foerster than Howard. While Howard is a nice prospect he hasn't proven anything yet and Foerster has proven to be NHL ready.

I dont know if 8 games is proven to be NHL ready and I guess I thought that the flyers were closer to the playoffs than I thought, I was thinking like 3 years away
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:21 p.m.
    is he that highly touted? What would be an player comparison for him?

Smart player with speed and shot and not a liability in his own zone. Has a top line upside. Made his NHL debut this season, averaged 16:32 minutes per game, which is not trivial for a rookie under Tortorella. Scored 7 points in 8 games and looked totally legit and NHL ready. Even if he fails to develop, his floor is what Colton is right now at 26.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
    Smart player with speed and shot and not a liability in his own zone. Has a top line upside. Made his NHL debut this season, averaged 16:32 minutes per game, which is not trivial for a rookie under Tortorella. Scored 7 points in 8 games and looked totally legit and NHL ready. Even if he fails to develop, his floor is what Colton is right now at 26.

yes I already knew all of these things I have looked at his scouting reports and highlights, I think if you put colton higher up in the lineup he could hit 60 points and 30 goals and also howard is apart of the trade who also has first line potential, he is just way way farther back in development
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:34 p.m.
    I dont know if 8 games is proven to be NHL ready and I guess I thought that the flyers were closer to the playoffs than I thought, I was thinking like 3 years away

The reason why he didn't play more games was that Torts wanted him to help the AHL team make the playoffs. Also Foerster has a really good shot and is a good goal scorer which is what Philly needs.

Example of his shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAo--DdSMmI&ab_channel=NHLHighlightsToday
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:35 p.m.
    mokumboi
    The Blues have plenty of wingers, man.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
    yes I already knew all of these things I have looked at his scouting reports and highlights, I think if you put colton higher up in the lineup he could hit 60 points and 30 goals and also howard is apart of the trade who also has first line potential, he is just way way farther back in development

And what's the point for the Flyers to trade one of its best forward prospects for a 26 years old mid-six forward who's entering his prime and doesn't fit team's timeline (cause they just went into a rebuild) and a less developed (thus less proven) prospect?
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:41 p.m.
    The reason why he didn't play more games was that Torts wanted him to help the AHL team make the playoffs. Also Foerster has a really good shot and is a good goal scorer which is what Philly needs.

Example of his shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAo--DdSMmI&ab_channel=NHLHighlightsToday

I am aware, colton also has a nice shot too if you look at his highlights (im not saying they are close in value to one another), but my point was that with only 8 games played you cant really say hes NHL proven whatever the circumstances may be. He looks to be a very good player though and I am sure foerster will do great with Philly
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
    And what's the point for the Flyers to trade one of its best forward prospects for a 26 years old mid-six forward who's entering his prime and doesn't fit team's timeline (cause they just went into a rebuild) and a less developed (thus less proven) prospect?

I think if the flyers made the playoffs in the next 3 years it would have fit the teams timeline but I guess I was a bit off in thinking that and if both howard and colton pan out it would have a higher upside than just foerster but i guess we can agree to disagree
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
    CapEvasionEnthusiast
    Can use what you offered Korpisalo to offer Killorn more money to stay, and acquire a veteran D like DeHaan and backup like Rittich on a cheaper contracts.

Ideally we hope to keep Colton, especially if he can get signed around a 3M aav on a short term contract. Trading Colton while he's about to enter/is in his prime to the Flyers while they're still a good ways away from contending doesn't make sense for the Flyers. You can also get a package deal for him from other clubs or teams that can help us dump Myers/Seabrook instead.
    Alex_K liked this.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 3:27 p.m.
    I am aware, colton also has a nice shot too if you look at his highlights (im not saying they are close in value to one another), but my point was that with only 8 games played you cant really say hes NHL proven whatever the circumstances may be. He looks to be a very good player though and I am sure foerster will do great with Philly

He got 7 points in those 8 games and played on average about 14 minutes per game under Tortorella. You don't get to play those minutes under Tortorella if you play badly. I watched many of those games where he played and in my opinion he is absolutely NHL ready.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:55 p.m.
    Quoting: Brolekb2b
    Can use what you offered Korpisalo to offer Killorn more money to stay, and acquire a veteran D like DeHaan and backup like Rittich on a cheaper contracts.

Ideally we hope to keep Colton, especially if he can get signed around a 3M aav on a short term contract. Trading Colton while he's about to enter/is in his prime to the Flyers while they're still a good ways away from contending doesn't make sense for the Flyers. You can also get a package deal for him from other clubs or teams that can help us dump Myers/Seabrook instead.

Yeah like I said above I would keep colton but if what Elliotte Friedman reported is true then this is what I would do. You could be right and we would have to get a backup like rittich and pay Killorn 4 mil AAV, I personally really liked what I saw from Carlile last year he reminded me of Cernak so I wanted him to have a shot on the roster but I could understand why you would want a veteran defenseman. Perhaps maybe a deal with NJ for Holtz could be made because their fans want colton so bad yet always undervalue him, idk I think the best thing is just keeping colton and we unfortunately see killorn walk.
    Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:58 p.m.
    He got 7 points in those 8 games and played on average about 14 minutes per game under Tortorella. You don't get to play those minutes under Tortorella if you play badly. I watched many of those games where he played and in my opinion he is absolutely NHL ready.

Right, I agree he had a great 8 games but my point is that I dont think you can call a player NHL proven in 8 games, I completely agree that he is NHL ready but I feel like it takes at least one full season before you can call a player NHL proven

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll