SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Non Leafs Fans: Value of these players (no troll)

Jun. 7, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
If your team is trading for Marner or Nylander whats a realistic proposal you believe is fair for both sides?
Jun. 7, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
If your team is trading for Marner or Nylander whats a realistic proposal you believe is fair for both sides?

For the Devils there aren't any realistic proposals.
Marner's two year of term is too short to fit with management's long-term strategy, which I agree with.
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Fair. I do see a fit in terms of what each team has to offer. I don't think it could be done unless an extension is in place. However i can see a deal around one of the D prospects such as Nemec or Hughes. Not saying devils do this but i think there is a bit of a surpluss
Jun. 7, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Fair. I do see a fit in terms of what each team has to offer. I don't think it could be done unless an extension is in place. However i can see a deal around one of the D prospects such as Nemec or Hughes. Not saying devils do this but i think there is a bit of a surpluss

You couldn't be more wrong on the Nemec / Hughes front.
They're about as untouchable as they come and thinking the Devils would entertain the idea of trading either of them for Marner isn't a thought tethered in reality.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Tintin
You couldn't be more wrong on the Nemec / Hughes front.
They're about as untouchable as they come and thinking the Devils would entertain the idea of trading either of them for Marner isn't a thought tethered in reality.

I think Hughes is more untouchable. However when you are acquiring a 100 point selke finalist its not coming with mercer/Foote as starter points...
Saskleaf and MrWendel17 liked this.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 12:30 p.m.
Teams are going to be wary for the same reasons that Leafs fans think they will be or should be traded. One of them is on an expiring contract, and the other has two years at a high cap hit which many teams can't absorb while still filling out their rosters with quality. Fans aren't going to want to give up the farm to acquire either of them with one or two years left. The good news is GM's occasionally do stupid things to save their jobs or make the playoffs, so maybe someone will pony up something extravagant. But I don't think you'll find much appetite among the fan bases online.
Eissportclub and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll