2023 NHL Entry Draft Projection (TOP75) - with hypothetical trades

2023 NHL Entry Draft Projection (TOP75) - with hypothetical trades

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: justaBoss
Published: Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obvious pick - generational talent
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-BPA
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Between Carlsson, Smith and Michkov, Carlsson makes the most sense
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Safest pick of the 3
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Playing against adults at a young age, being a pro in a tough league and has international experience - sounds like a vintage Hughes pick
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Immensely talented youth, and ARI has time to wait
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-BPA
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Desperately needing a C prospect
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Swede, RHD, high ceiling - very Yzerman-esque pick
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-BPA
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-TRADE: Canucks trade this pick to Predators. VAN gets: Dante Fabbro, 15th OVR NSH gets: Tyler Myers, 11th OVR, 89th OVR, 105th OVR NSH owns this pick. Trotz takes a solid center that has played against pros already as his first pick as the new Preds GM.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsBroke records during this year, has immense offensive prowess
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Big guy, has some traits the young team is lacking, making him alluring target for BUF
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-TRADE: 3-way trade between OTT, PIT and FLA OTT gets: F Eetu Luostarinen, F Jeff Carter, 14th OVR PIT gets: F Alex DeBrincat FLA gets: D Pierre-Olivier Joseph, F Mark Kastelic OTT owns this pick. They opt for a solid center prospect
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-VAN owns this pick after the earlier trade. VAN adds a hometown kid with great offensive skillset to their prospect pool
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Conroy's first pick as a GM is a fairly coveted goal scorer
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersMore Swedes, this time a C. Proper Wings pick. Played amazing in U18 WJC, and got games under him in SHL too
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-TRADE: Jets trade this pick to Coyotes. WPG gets: F Nick Schmaltz, D Joshua Brown, 134th OVR ARI gets: F Chaz Lucius, D Ville Heinola, D Nate Schmidt, 18th OVR ARI has taken two forwards in this draft, so now it's time to take a D-man. They opt to take Gulyayev, who teared it up in the Russian juniors, and got some KHL games under his belt too
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningDavidson brings in some European talent
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Potentially BPA?
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Wild opts for a sizable winger with capability of playmaking
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsYager's draft stock dropped from what it was a year ago after not-so-good of a year compared to the 2021-22 one, but he did have really solid playoffs in WHL.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Big center prospect for Rags
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNSH adds a D prospect with KHL experience for their talent pool
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBlues opt for a sizable forward prospect that managed well in WHL as a first year in NA
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsSJ drafts a full offensive D-man with high potential, but certain risks involving the player
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-COL adds a small-ish but skilled forward prospect to their pool that needs some filling
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsTRADE: Leafs trade this pick to Blackhawks. TOR gets: D Filip Roos, 44th overall pick, 2024 6th (CHI) CHI gets: G Matt Murray, 28th OVR, 2024 4th (TOR) CHI owns this pick. After two forward selections, CHI opts for a D-man. As a sizable RHD, he looks to be the most enticing option available
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsBest D available?
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-CAR likes their Russian prospects, and But has ample potential in him
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersTRADE: MTL trades this pick to WPG MTL gets: F Pierre-Luc Dubois, D Leon Gawanke WPG gets: F Christian Dvorak, F Owen Beck, F Jesse Ylönen, 31st OVR pick
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-This guy performed very well at the end of the season, which might turn the attention of scouts, hence lifting him to a late first rounder
ROUND 3TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
If the blues walked away with Leonard, Honzek, and Wallinder I'd be very happy
justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
Bedard23
1. Switch seconds from 44-51, then I’ll allow this trade and if we picked those guys at the draft, you won’t hear me complain (unlike last draft)
2. That’s way too much for Schmaltz

Other then that, no real terrible trades
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
Famous Twitter Guy.
One of the least delusional mock drafts I've seen. The picks actually make sense
justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
rookescr96
Actually like the idea of those trades and picks.

Maybe just me but from watching highlights does Will Smith not look like he is a safer pick than Carlsson? Just don't really like the way Carlsson skates but maybe hes too talented for it to matter.

Personally I think Jayden Perron and Carsson Bjarnsson go a bit higher than this
justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:09 p.m.
Moo-kama-doo-lin
SJ is stacked on LD prospects not a chance they draft Lindstein. Not a fan of Dragicevic at 26 either, they need size and Halttunen makes the most sense. No chance Willander goes that low.
justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: IconicHawk
1. Switch seconds from 44-51, then I’ll allow this trade and if we picked those guys at the draft, you won’t hear me complain (unlike last draft)
2. That’s way too much for Schmaltz

Other then that, no real terrible trades

What would be good value for Schmaltz then? We gotta recall that he's almost PPG for two years in a row in freaking Arizona, he's under relatively cheap contract cap wise, and he has 3 years left. Not to mention ARI is also taking in a cap dump here.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: justaBoss
What would be good value for Schmaltz then? We gotta recall that he's almost PPG for two years in a row in freaking Arizona, he's under relatively cheap contract cap wise, and he has 3 years left. Not to mention ARI is also taking in a cap dump here.

Still to trade your two best prospects for someone who’s performance on contenders would on net second line minutes…. That’s a bit iffy
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: IconicHawk
Still to trade your two best prospects for someone who’s performance on contenders would on net second line minutes…. That’s a bit iffy

They can be lesser prospects if necessary, but I'd wager Lucius is the guy ARI wants, and Heinola seems a bit stuck in their system.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:30 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: justaBoss
They can be lesser prospects if necessary, but I'd wager Lucius is the guy ARI wants, and Heinola seems a bit stuck in their system.

Heinola I kinda understand, but I would refuse to move Lucius, it’s like if Chicago moved like Frank Nazar
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:36 p.m.
Moo-kama-doo-lin
Outside of my gripes this is a good list. You can’t be expected to know every teams needs. Good work!
justaBoss liked this.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Caps fan
The Caps need Forward (not just center) prospects like crazy. Also, I can't see the caps taking a RHD in the second round for the Third year in a row. They probably go forward-heavy in this draft, and I can't see them leaving Dvorsky on the table at 8, he's their type of player, An import player playing in Sweden is their bread and butter (see Vrana, Fehervary, and Suzdalev (kinda)).
justaBoss liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll