SHARKIE’S 2 ROUND MOCK DRAFT: JUNE EDITION

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Sharkie69
Published: Jun. 11, 2023 at 1:40 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obvious
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Also easy
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I don’t see the top 3 going any other way
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I don’t think the Sharks will take Michkov.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Thinking about it, I don’t see Montreal taking Michkov. SLOVAKIA TIME
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-While I see Arizona taking Michkov, I think they’ll take Benson instead since they already have Geekie.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Again, not the kind of team that I see taking Michkov. I think Leonard will be a good pick for them.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Now here’s a team I see taking Michkov.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Solid defenseman pick for DET.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-No way STL doesn’t take Moore.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-PICK SWAP: DET receives: 11th OA VAN receives: 17th OA, Michael Rasmussen, 73rd OA
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsBPA
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Seems like a great fit with BUF.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-I see Pittsburgh taking Yager over Heidt.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-NSH quietly takes the steal of the draft for the second year in a row.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-BPA
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersThe Canucks take their RHD they absolutely need.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-BPA
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSince Chicago already has Bedard, I see them going with a riskier pick with Gulyayev.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle needs defense more than forwards, so they take Simashev over Danielson.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-BPA
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsThe Flyers take a player that I think can fit really well into their landscape.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-BPA
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersI have a feeling Nashville can turn Dragicevic into a good player.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsSolid D pick
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsBPA
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-BPA
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto continues their streak of selecting good Russian talent.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsBPA
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-BPA
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersBPA
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA
Jun. 11, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
Just curious why you think Michkov isn't Philadelphia's type, its definitely not an unpopular opinion, as I barely see him getting mocked. I just think with Briere essentially blowing it up, Michkovs offensive talent would be silly to pass on regardless of how long they'd have to wait.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
MTL takes Leonard
Jun. 11, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Joe
That's rich for 11OA
aedoran liked this.
Jun. 11, 2023 at 3:12 p.m.
I think any draft that has Michkov going 8 is just trying to fit the narrative of "The next great Russian should replace Ovechkin."

After the top 3 teams, there are 3 teams that are all looking at 3+ years of rebuilding that can afford to wait for Michkov. While one team might pass him up, I doubt all 3 do. There's such a drop-off after your top 4 from Michkov's level, that I'd be shocked if he got past Arizona or Philadelphia. Montreal is the only one I could see if they are trying to move out of their rebuild sooner since they've already got some nice young pieces in Suzuki, Caufield, and Guhle.
aedoran liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll