$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 12, 2023 at 5:58 a.m.
Parayko has a full NTC
Jun. 12, 2023 at 6:54 a.m.
Rip
Ultimately terrible. Parayko's contract is very not good.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 7:44 a.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: RipNasty
Ultimately terrible. Parayko's contract is very not good.

Luckily for you this gets you nowhere close his value
This could get you Faulk tho
Mortarhead liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 8:31 a.m.
Quoting: xercuses

only reason Parayko is in anyones want list is his size..not based on skill...Faulk is more skilled (but older and slower now) Im good the Blues can keep their pieces, we already took what we wanted last year even though it didint really help in PO. I hope ROR resigns at a reasonable number, but not counting on it..
Jun. 12, 2023 at 8:49 a.m.

Toronto would likely have zero interest in this trade with Parayko's contract. Maybe if St. Louis retained but it makes no sense for them to do that. I doubt this is a workable trade for either side.

OP I also think Matthews is signing for more. If he signs for 8 years I'd go to 13.5 or 14 for him (although he has to know that hurts the ability to build around him). If he's signing for 12.5 I bet it's a 3 year deal.
Mortarhead liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.
Quoting: Mortarhead
only reason Parayko is in anyones want list is his size..not based on skill...Faulk is more skilled (but older and slower now) Im good the Blues can keep their pieces, we already took what we wanted last year even though it didint really help in PO. I hope ROR resigns at a reasonable number, but not counting on it..

If all you care about is skill you guys can have Torey Krug.

Parayko does have skill and a decent amount. He lacks a few things mainly first-pass and offensive zone playmaking. But he's pretty advanced at about every other skill you're looking for.
Mortarhead, mokumboi and Stavros99 liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:15 a.m.
Rip

If I think Parayko is a bad contract, you can only imagine what I think of Faulk
Mortarhead and xercuses liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Quoting: AC14
If all you care about is skill you guys can have Torey Krug.

Parayko does have skill and a decent amount. He lacks a few things mainly first-pass and offensive zone playmaking. But he's pretty advanced at about every other skill you're looking for.

I like Colton..always pick him up in my EAsports game in my GM mode (fantasy draft)..but first pass is pretty important and Torey Krug is a pretty good Dman..are the Blues in full rebuild or just retool mode?
My views are pretty egocentric as a lover of the center of the universe team (tongue firmly in cheek)
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
If I think Parayko is a bad contract, you can only imagine what I think of Faulk

lol
the league abounds of such deals...unfortunately..(Tavares for us, although not because of his play or dollar value just cuz it handcuffed us financially with this damn cap system)
Jun. 12, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: newballcoach
Toronto would likely have zero interest in this trade with Parayko's contract. Maybe if St. Louis retained but it makes no sense for them to do that. I doubt this is a workable trade for either side.

OP I also think Matthews is signing for more. If he signs for 8 years I'd go to 13.5 or 14 for him (although he has to know that hurts the ability to build around him). If he's signing for 12.5 I bet it's a 3 year deal.

the word is its gonna be only 3..I dont like that..plus hes looking for 16% of the cap, so it doesnt change anything..thats too much unless you get guys taking contracts below their worth..is that fair?...best scenario is our young guns (cheapies) making a jump up..lets see...Im looking at you Robertson, McMann, Steeves, Woll, Holmberg etc..(I know no star power, but its what we got for now)
Jun. 12, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
mokumboi
only reason Parayko is in anyones want list is his size..not based on skill...

I see. And how many times have you watched Parayko play the last two seasons?
Mortarhead and xercuses liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
I like Colton..always pick him up in my EAsports game in my GM mode (fantasy draft)..but first pass is pretty important and Torey Krug is a pretty good Dman..are the Blues in full rebuild or just retool mode?
My views are pretty egocentric as a lover of the center of the universe team (tongue firmly in cheek)

Retool for now is how it seems Armstrong has put it. That being said, I'd think almost any of our LD are readily available. We have a serious personnel mismatch. Parayko plays 70% of D zone starts 5 v 5 with Nick Leddy because Leddy is the only LD who is somewhat capable of handling that role. With that, Krug has to be sheltered 5 v 5 to a tune of getting 75% ozs. Mikkola was god awful with the puck and not capable of handling the minutes, and Scandella for some reason is always in the slot or behind the net in the offensive zone even though he has the least amount of capability in the offensive zone on the team including goalies.

Moving either of our RD is fairly counterproductive unless it gets us younger and keeps us competitive which would be dumb for the team that's acquiring. Krug also has his salary at it's highest this next season so it's pretty unlikely someone takes him. He played hurt most of the year and still produced offensively. He just has to be sheltered due to his size and defensive skill. Still think he would hold some decent value to a team that needs a boost on the PP and lacks a high octane forward group. May need retention in order to do it though and i'm not sure how armstrong is on retention over multiple years.
Mortarhead liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
I see. And how many times have you watched Parayko play the last two seasons?

Probably as many times as youve watched leafs games. (or less) his size and strength are tantalizing however hes not worth the squeeze for our needs anyways..without prejudice
Jun. 12, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
mokumboi
Probably as many times as youve watched leafs games.

(or less) his size and strength are tantalizing however hes not worth the squeeze for our needs anyways..without prejudice

I highly doubt you're anywhere near my number of Leafs games (which is probably in the 40-50 range for the last two seasons).

But obviously, you haven't watched him play. Maybe ever. Because if you had watched him play, you would know his "size and strength" are not near his best attributes or even a major part of his playing style. Parayko is big, sure, but he is not overly physical (or I should say he's physical in the way that Pietrangelo is physical, with body positioning along the boards). He's not the big net-clearing beast in his tandem (at least he should not be, which is a huge reason last season was rough, as Leddy is a human tire fire who's afraid of the slot). No, he's the mobile guy who chases puck carriers partner. Parayko's game rests on his + skating, his +++ reach/stick, his game reading and to a slightly lesser extent his transition puck carrying. And most of that stuff ages well, so all these howls about his contract are nothing more than declarations of fact that aren't facts at all.

So yeah, it actually sounds like you have never seen the guy play in your life.
Mortarhead and Stavros99 liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
Rip
lol
the league abounds of such deals...unfortunately..(Tavares for us, although not because of his play or dollar value just cuz it handcuffed us financially with this damn cap system)

That's the pandemic that did that though, JT is fine
Mortarhead liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
I highly doubt you're anywhere near my number of Leafs games (which is probably in the 40-50 range for the last two seasons).

But obviously, you haven't watched him play. Maybe ever. Because if you had watched him play, you would know his "size and strength" are not near his best attributes or even a major part of his playing style. Parayko is big, sure, but he is not overly physical (or I should say he's physical in the way that Pietrangelo is physical, with body positioning along the boards). He's not the big net-clearing beast in his tandem (at least he should not be, which is a huge reason last season was rough, as Leddy is a human tire fire who's afraid of the slot). No, he's the mobile guy who chases puck carriers partner. Parayko's game rests on his + skating, his +++ reach/stick, his game reading and to a slightly lesser extent his transition puck carrying. And most of that stuff ages well, so all these howls about his contract are nothing more than declarations of fact that aren't facts at all.

just in highlights and (ill admit) by reputation from podcasts..oioinly watched him a couple times in last few years as I only watch leaf games, dont have time to spend watching other hockey sadly. tks for the info though, you did open my eyes to your point.
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
mokumboi
just in highlights and (ill admit) by reputation from podcasts..oioinly watched him a couple times in last few years as I only watch leaf games, dont have time to spend watching other hockey sadly. tks for the info though, you did open my eyes to your point.

Heh. Okay, well just ignore most podcasts. They don;t watch him, either. Here's the deal...

Did Parayko have a down year in 22-23? Definitely. No doubt, no argument. Especially early in the season, when the whole team was playing ass. Most of these mistakes were passing/clearing attempts gone wrong, and not actual defensive play.

Was is it as dire as a lot of people who never watch him pretend to declare? Not even remotely close.

Parayko still played the hardest minutes of any Dman in the league, had one of the most shambolic partners in Leddy (who was to blame for a sizable majority of things Parayko got blamed for) and he still finished top 10 in the league in total defensive stops (something very few models take into account). And that's before we even get to things like the 30 (!!!) goals Blues players kicked/gloved/batted/deflected past Binnington last season or the staggering amount of horrid turnovers in terrible places committed by Blues forwards last season (again, mostly confined to the first half of the season). The sheer volume of plays he shuts down as easy as pie is massive.

If he gets a reliable partner, he will star again. Parayko is not the Blues problem and his contract is not an albatross by any stretch. If they give him a proper partner his contract will look like a bargain in no time and his playing style is one that tends to age more gracefully than others. All these fools you hear screeching that he sucks and his contract is an albatross never watch him play. Even the idiot Dom at The Athletic, who openly hates the Blues and loves to trash their players, somehow still imagines that Parayko plays a bruising physical style. After all these years and a damn Cup run, there's no excuse for him to not know how the guy plays. He's supposed to be this bigshot analyst/analytics guru, but he has ZERO clue.
Stavros99 and Mortarhead liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
Go LEAFS Go
Edited Jun. 12, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.

Thanks for the real good insight. Sounds like Brodie or even McCabe would make an ideal partner for Parayko. He’s a guy I’d love to have especially in the playoffs.
mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 3:38 p.m.
Go LEAFS Go
Quoting: Pleau543
Parayko has a full NTC

Yes he does. He can always choose to waive it though.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
Go LEAFS Go
Quoting: newballcoach

I hear ya re Matthews signing but at some point the Leafs have to stop paying guys for what they haven’t yet accomplished. I hope to God that Matthews looks at the Caufield and MacKinnon deals and follows suit with them. I love Matthews but if the goal is to win a cup, then you need your best players to look at the big picture and maybe take a bit less money to help the team reach the ultimate goal which would actually create a windfall and legacy like no other.
Jun. 12, 2023 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: Stavros99
Yes he does. He can always choose to waive it though.

yeah but who want to waive his clause to play in toronto lolll
Jun. 12, 2023 at 6:28 p.m.
Quoting: Pleau543
yeah but who want to waive his clause to play in toronto lolll

who do you cheer for? to put your comments in context.
Stavros99 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2023 at 1:52 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Stavros99
Thanks for the real good insight. Sounds like Brodie or even McCabe would make an ideal partner for Parayko. He’s a guy I’d love to have especially in the playoffs.

McCabe is 100% perfect in style, but maybe a little slow to be ideal. Gavrikov would be amazing, but sadly that ship has sailed.
Stavros99 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2023 at 5:45 a.m.
who do you cheer for? to put your comments in context.

not toronto loll

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll