Trades
BUF
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. Ceci, Cody
  3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
  5. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
EDM clears up some much needed cap space to re-sign Bouchard and maybe find one more piece.
EDM
    BUF gets some help at RHD, even if not the ideal choice. They take on Campbell's contract, but they get a 1st and a 2nd to keep building their pipeline to keep them a dynasty for years to come.

Campbell could rebound, or he could be sent to the AHL.
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the NSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,500,000$74,077,737$0$4,570,000$9,422,263
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $7,142,857$7,142,857
    C
    UFA - 7
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $7,100,000$7,100,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 7
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,285,714$4,285,714
    LD
    UFA - 7
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $837,500$837,500
    G
    RFA - 1
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $687,500$687,500
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    G
    RFA - 2
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 13, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.
    lol adding ceci makes the defense so much worse. Negative chance the Sabres add that much salary to stash it in the AHL.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Jun. 13, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
    Quoting: Stadel
    lol adding ceci makes the defense so much worse. Negative chance the Sabres add that much salary to stash it in the AHL.

Ceci was playing the 2nd most minutes on EDM D last year. Here he's playing somewhere 4th-8th. He starts in the DZ 55% of the time and hits. He was also EDM's #1 PK D-man. It's a nice low-key add.

Negative chance doesn't exist.. BUF added a goalie last year to not play in Bishop, so not sure how you can say negative chance.

Look for BUF to weaponize cap space. That's where they will get their most bang for the buck this offseason.
    Jun. 13, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
    Sabres are elite
    Two poor players on termed poor contracts. Why are we doing Edmonton a favour? We have 0 need for more picks. Arizona is a team that may do that, or San Jose, or Chicago. Not a playoff contender like Buffalo.
    Jun. 13, 2023 at 8:15 p.m.
    Quoting: worldwidesensei
    Ceci was playing the 2nd most minutes on EDM D last year. Here he's playing somewhere 4th-8th. He starts in the DZ 55% of the time and hits. He was also EDM's #1 PK D-man. It's a nice low-key add.

Negative chance doesn't exist.. BUF added a goalie last year to not play in Bishop, so not sure how you can say negative chance.

Look for BUF to weaponize cap space. That's where they will get their most bang for the buck this offseason.

oh goodness where to start.

Just because they gave ceci those minutes, doesnt mean he was good. you will recall that ristolainen also saw a ton of minutes here. I forget, how did that go for the Sabres in the end? Many playoff appearances were had?

Bishop's actual salary was much lower than his cap hit. And the contract was insured, which means the sabres were only on the hook for about a million bucks. it was great way for a cheap owner to get to the floor without spending too much money. Thats not weaponizing cap space.

BJtNmSn.png
    Jun. 13, 2023 at 8:33 p.m.
    I've never once said Ceci was good. I just think he could be better playing, 2nd or 3rd pairing minutes or as the 7th/8th D-man. Your charts are for him playing D1 minutes. Obvs wouldn't be playing there in BUF.

"We have 0 need for more picks?"

That is hilarious and glad you're not a GM. Teams always could use more draft picks. Either to draft more players, or use as ammo to acquire other players. Players drafted in 2024 wouldn't be ready until 2029. Gotta think of the future too.
    Jun. 14, 2023 at 7:01 a.m.
    I've never once said Ceci was good. I just think he could be better playing, 2nd or 3rd pairing minutes or as the 7th/8th D-man. Your charts are for him playing D1 minutes. Obvs wouldn't be playing there in BUF.

"We have 0 need for more picks?"

That is hilarious and glad you're not a GM. Teams always could use more draft picks. Either to draft more players, or use as ammo to acquire other players. Players drafted in 2024 wouldn't be ready until 2029. Gotta think of the future too.

Yeah, a 7th D making 3.2 and a trade for a goalie who you’re going to buyout, that’s smart.
    Jun. 14, 2023 at 7:02 a.m.
    We need that cap space too.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
    Quoting: CB37
    Yeah, a 7th D making 3.2 and a trade for a goalie who you’re going to buyout, that’s smart.

Not necessarily a 7th D and not necessarily buyout. Ceci could easily become Power's partner and Campbell could easily rebound and post a .914 like he did 2 seasons ago. And even if that doesn't work out, we've gained 3 draft picks just for cap space.

And we don't need that cap space. The cap is rising and the roster is basically set.

If it comes to buying out Campbell, go check out his buyout numbers, they aren't horrendous.

I'm not saying this is the best option to take, but it is an option.

I've seen plenty of ACGM's here trading away multiple former and futures 1sts to acquire a RHD and a G. I don't think that is smart.

In this scenario, we are getting both and gaining draft picks. It's definitely something to consider.

We missed the playoffs by 1 point last year. And that was with:

Bryson - 59 games
    Clague - 33 games
    Fitz - 23 games
    Pilut -17 games
    Davies- 1 game

And:
    Sammy missing 27 games
    Joker missing 22 games
    Boosh missing 14

People want a stay-at-home guy for Power...Ceci could be that guy. People want a vet goalie, Campbell could be that guy.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
    a cheap owner

Huh? A cheap owner? Spent to the cap every single year until it was obvious that wasn't the answer. Rebuilt the locker rooms. Built Harbor Center. Is building a new stadium for the Bills. Spent a billion+ for both teams.

Cheap? Lol.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
    Huh? A cheap owner? Spent to the cap every single year until it was obvious that wasn't the answer. Rebuilt the locker rooms. Built Harbor Center. Is building a new stadium for the Bills. Spent a billion+ for both teams.

Cheap? Lol.

Bro how dense are you? The taxpayers are footing almost the entire cost of this lol

Hear this morning that they cut ties with the ECHL team to find a cheaper affiliate?
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 6:22 p.m.
    Bro how dense are you? The taxpayers are footing almost the entire cost of this lol

They are still spending hundreds of millions of dollars. I'm not dense. I know the details pretty well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37773941/buffalo-bills-new-stadium-need-know

Satdium cost: 1.54billion
    State & County are paying: $850mm flat
    NFL: $200mm

Means Pegulas are spending $490mm + any cost overruns (already up 10% since last year) + $3mm+ per year to the region.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
    They are still spending hundreds of millions of dollars. I'm not dense. I know the details pretty well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37773941/buffalo-bills-new-stadium-need-know

Satdium cost: 1.54billion
    State & County are paying: $850mm flat
    NFL: $200mm

Means Pegulas are spending $490mm + any cost overruns (already up 10% since last year) + $3mm+ per year to the region.

oh how generous of them footing 1/3 of the cost for a stadium.

No doubt the financing for the 490 mil is gunna be coming from skimming on the Sabres. Everyone knows the Sabres arent a priority for them anymore. The NFL is a bigger fish their attention is focused there.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
    oh how generous of them footing 1/3 of the cost for a stadium.

No doubt the financing for the 490 mil is gunna be coming from skimming on the Sabres. Everyone knows the Sabres arent a priority for them anymore. The NFL is a bigger fish their attention is focused there.

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it makes you feel better.
    Jun. 15, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
    Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it makes you feel better.

no it makes me sick to my stomach that fans dont realize how they desperately need to push ownership to do more or to leave
    Burnzie8_88_4Cup liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2023 at 1:13 a.m.
    no it makes me sick to my stomach that fans dont realize how they desperately need to push ownership to do more or to leave

1. Not really sure how much a faan you are if you want the team to leave.
    2. Saved the Sabres from moving.
    3. Built HarborCenter
    4. Spent to the cap, year in and year out.

And after all that, what do they get? Called cheap by fans who apparently have no idea how much money they have and continue to pump into Buffalo and WNY.

Makes me sick to think that people call them cheap when they have easily pumped multiple billions of dollars into the local sports teams and community all while saving both franchises from moving.

How much do you know about the ECHL? The agreement ended. Who really cares?
    Jun. 16, 2023 at 1:16 a.m.
    1. Not really sure how much a faan you are if you want the team to leave.
    2. Saved the Sabres from moving.
    3. Built HarborCenter
    4. Spent to the cap, year in and year out.

And after all that, what do they get? Called cheap by fans who apparently have no idea how much money they have and continue to pump into Buffalo and WNY.

Makes me sick to think that people call them cheap when they have easily pumped multiple billions of dollars into the local sports teams and community all while saving both franchises from moving.

How much do you know about the ECHL? The agreement ended. Who really cares?

oh you one of thoooose.

Bro, he did not save them, stop being so naive. Do you honestly think there was any risk of them being moved? Bettman wont let ARZ leave and they have no pulse, he's gunna let an actual hockey market lose a team? Give me a break

But yeah, im sure he pumped millions in because hes a billionaire saint who just wants to help. After all, thats what billionaires do best. lol cmon.

I get that you dont like me, thats totally understandable, but theres no way you actually believe this. You just dont like that I might be right.
    Jun. 16, 2023 at 7:48 a.m.
    Not necessarily a 7th D and not necessarily buyout. Ceci could easily become Power's partner and Campbell could easily rebound and post a .914 like he did 2 seasons ago. And even if that doesn't work out, we've gained 3 draft picks just for cap space.

And we don't need that cap space. The cap is rising and the roster is basically set.

If it comes to buying out Campbell, go check out his buyout numbers, they aren't horrendous.

I've seen plenty of ACGM's here trading away multiple former and futures 1sts to acquire a RHD and a G. I don't think that is smart.

In this scenario, we are getting both and gaining draft picks. It's definitely something to consider.

Bryson - 59 games
    Clague - 33 games
    Fitz - 23 games
    Pilut -17 games
    Davies- 1 game

And:
    Sammy missing 27 games
    Joker missing 22 games
    Boosh missing 14

People want a stay-at-home guy for Power...Ceci could be that guy. People want a vet goalie, Campbell could be that guy.

Bryson - 59 games
    Clague - 33 games
    Fitz - 23 games
    Pilut -17 games
    Davies- 1 game

And:
    Sammy missing 27 games
    Joker missing 22 games
    Boosh missing 14

U said it, the roster is pretty much set. Maybe Ceci fits, but I’d pass on Campbell. Yeah we have cap now, but in the next 3-4 years, we’re going to have to pay Dahlin, Power, Quinn, Kulich, and either Savoie or Krebs. And FEIW, I’d keep Clague over Bryson. He was a-3 in 33 games as mostly a 3rd pair and he even played with Power a little bit.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
    oh you one of thoooose.

Bro, he did not save them, stop being so naive. Do you honestly think there was any risk of them being moved? Bettman wont let ARZ leave and they have no pulse, he's gunna let an actual hockey market lose a team? Give me a break

But yeah, im sure he pumped millions in because hes a billionaire saint who just wants to help. After all, thats what billionaires do best. lol cmon.

I get that you dont like me, thats totally understandable, but theres no way you actually believe this. You just dont like that I might be right.

One of those what?

I don't know you. I have zero ill feelings toward you. I just wish you showed some gratitude.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
    Quoting: CB37
    U said it, the roster is pretty much set. Maybe Ceci fits, but I’d pass on Campbell. Yeah we have cap now, but in the next 3-4 years, we’re going to have to pay Dahlin, Power, Quinn, Kulich, and either Savoie or Krebs. And FEIW, I’d keep Clague over Bryson. He was a-3 in 33 games as mostly a 3rd pair and he even played with Power a little bit.

Campbell is a tricky one, but if he comes with a 1st round pick, he might be worth it. Goalies have off seasons. He is one year removed from that .914. Better than Hart. And people are talking Hart will cost 2 former and/or future 1sts (plus possibly more- and his sv% is nearly iddentical to UPL's). Why not get a first instead? Both are gambles. All goalies are gambles, unless we're talking about Helle. And Campbell's buyout isn't so bad after next season or the season after. I've got spreadsheeets, his cap hit easily fits. Or we ship him off with one of the draft picks we picked up for dealing with 1-2 years of his contract.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
    One of those what?

I don't know you. I have zero ill feelings toward you. I just wish you showed some gratitude.

Gratitude towards who? The billionaire who did this for their own selfish reasons? There was absolutely zero shot the Sabres were leaving buffalo. Zero.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
    Gratitude towards who? The billionaire who did this for their own selfish reasons? There was absolutely zero shot the Sabres were leaving buffalo. Zero.

You like the zero shot and negative chance lingo. There mos def was a chance the sabres would leave BUF. Did you save them? Nope. Seems like you just want, want, want, but don't give. It's fine if you don't give, but it's weird that you are ripping on the people that saved them.

Jun. 17, 2023 at 3:48 p.m.
    You like the zero shot and negative chance lingo. There mos def was a chance the sabres would leave BUF. Did you save them? Nope.

oh my god lol no there wasnt. Gary wouldnt let ARZ move, but he'd let BUF move?
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
    oh my god lol no there wasnt. Gary wouldnt let ARZ move, but he'd let BUF move?

Umm, yea, smaller market. He let Quebec leave.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.

Quebec left because they couldn't fund the team anymore amid an increasingly weak canadian dollar and no arena coming at the time. Neither of which were happening Buffalo.
    Jun. 17, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.

I guess you don't remember well. Just cuz BUF is a strong hockey market doesn't mean the Sabres were staying. Why don't you go make billions of dollars and do what you want with the tem and then we can rip on you?

Makes me sick to think people with no money know better. You might know better..."might"...but you don't have billions of dollars to save BUF sports. So it's crazy that you have no gratitude. They are "cheap", why, exactly? I'd really like to know why you think that.

There's a big difference between being "cheap" and beeing a smart business owner.

As a business owner myself, when something is losing money, well, it's time to cut costs and re-think things.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll