BUF
  1. Liljegren, Timothy
  2. 2024 5th round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
Probably add a little more idk what
WSH
  1. Murray, Matt
Additional Details:
If WSH plans on buying out Mantha, this should be a no brainer since Murray’s buyout is less.
CGY
  1. Moldenhauer, Nicholas [Reserve List]
  2. Voit, Ty
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$76,581,450$0$0$6,918,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,600,000$1,600,000
RD
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 16, 2023 at 9:48 a.m.
The leafs would be absolutely foolish to give up Ty Voit.. he’s a top prospect
Jun. 16, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Quoting: Proshot_Raines

Still very unlikely he ever brings the same value to a team (or even makes the NHL) as Hanifin, and if he’s needed in the deal, you do it.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 9:52 a.m.
Quoting: GladeBang12
Still very unlikely he ever brings the same value to a team (or even makes the NHL) as Hanifin, and if he’s needed in the deal, you do it.

I’d be more comfortable passing Robertson over
Jun. 16, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Sure why not
Jun. 16, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
I’d be more comfortable passing Robertson over

There’s nothing about voits game that would indicate he projects better than Robertson. Robertson has higher upside. I’d much rather count on him being able to stay healthy than give him up over voit.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:01 a.m.
It does not work for buffalo
Hammerwise and wojme liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:01 a.m.

If he's a top prospect there are 300 top prospects
Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:05 a.m.
There can only be 1
Sabres aren't getting a piece they want for a piece they have no need to trade.
wojme and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:08 a.m.
There’s nothing about voits game that would indicate he projects better than Robertson. Robertson has higher upside. I’d much rather count on him being able to stay healthy than give him up over voit.

Maybe it’s just the fact that I watched him play all through his junior career. Lots of people seem to think that he won’t be as good but I’m telling you now, if you give him a proper opportunity he will surprise you
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:15 a.m.
There can only be 1
Maybe it’s just the fact that I watched him play all through his junior career. Lots of people seem to think that he won’t be as good but I’m telling you now, if you give him a proper opportunity he will surprise you

I feel The Passion in your post
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: JLance
I feel The Passion in your post

I might’ve accidentally hit the quote button one too many times
JLance and Hammerwise liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
If WASH is dumping or buying out Mantha, they are doing it for cap space, saves them very little for a player who never plays.

Mittelstadt had his best year yet, Liljegren didn;t even get dresssed for half the playoffs, the difference between them is more than a 5th.

Moldenhauer and Voit are good prospects, on a team short of good prospects, but both are not high level and debateable if they are upper midlevel. But for Hanifan? Thats probably what it takes. And Robertson probably doesnt even have the value of these lesser known commodities, (because his career has started out as such a car crash. He could still be good, but his size isnt going to change, and due to his fragility and lack of production so far, I dont think he carries enough value to anyone but TOR).

But taking on over 13mil in expiring UFAs? Seems desperate at best, and think about the timing....

The timing: The Leafs again have a really good regular season, even though robertson probably is not a good 1RW, Holmberg is just an okay 3rd liner, you're shoved against the cap again, and the defense with aging brodie, Giordano, and schenn is looking fragile, and have to move a bit of draft capitol or prospects at TDL (of which they have little already), because they can't/won't trade anyone with good value because that defeats the purpose of going for the cup, they go into the post season and lose. Suddenly you've got Matthews, Nylander, Mantha, Brodie, Giordano, Mittlestadt, Robertson, Lafferty and Hanifan all hitting UFA, thats 5 of your top 8 forwards, (with the other 3 expiring the following year), your top defensive pairing, and all the while you have few ELC and picks to replace any of those guys... And the only guys with real value trade, (Matthews, Nylander, Mittelstadt) its only their unsigned rights you're dealing.

Maybe this doesn;t happen, sure, but by adding just UFAs and trying one last shot with the same group and a bunch of UFAs, and getting lesser value back on your commodities because you can only trade their rights, when you have few prospects or picks to replace them, you might be setting up a pretty mediocre team just waiting for high draft picks in 2027-2031, because their 2023-2026 picks are weak at best. with only 3 in the first 4 rounds 2023-2025, just 3 in 2026 minus whatever you deal at the 2024 TDL, which wont be the players you're trying to win the cup with.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Leafs are...
I feel that Järnkrok has a high trade value, and not suited for 4th line play. Either top 6 or out..
Like your buffing up the Defence. For me Kämpf 3 years at 2.4 and ROR 3 years at 3ish would make sense as well. Good solution with Murray and Manta.
i think they still would not like to buy out anyone but if they decide they have to then this is indeed a no-brainer
Jun. 16, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
Always have 2018
I think a straight dump of Mantha is the most likely
GladeBang12 liked this.
Jun. 16, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
It does not work for buffalo

Quoting: JLance
Sabres aren't getting a piece they want for a piece they have no need to trade.

Quoting: Hammerwise
If WASH is dumping or buying out Mantha, they are doing it for cap space, saves them very little for a player who never plays.

Mittelstadt had his best year yet, Liljegren didn;t even get dresssed for half the playoffs, the difference between them is more than a 5th.

Moldenhauer and Voit are good prospects, on a team short of good prospects, but both are not high level and debateable if they are upper midlevel. But for Hanifan? Thats probably what it takes. And Robertson probably doesnt even have the value of these lesser known commodities, (because his career has started out as such a car crash. He could still be good, but his size isnt going to change, and due to his fragility and lack of production so far, I dont think he carries enough value to anyone but TOR).

But taking on over 13mil in expiring UFAs? Seems desperate at best, and think about the timing....

The timing: The Leafs again have a really good regular season, even though robertson probably is not a good 1RW, Holmberg is just an okay 3rd liner, you're shoved against the cap again, and the defense with aging brodie, Giordano, and schenn is looking fragile, and have to move a bit of draft capitol or prospects at TDL (of which they have little already), because they can't/won't trade anyone with good value because that defeats the purpose of going for the cup, they go into the post season and lose. Suddenly you've got Matthews, Nylander, Mantha, Brodie, Giordano, Mittlestadt, Robertson, Lafferty and Hanifan all hitting UFA, thats 5 of your top 8 forwards, (with the other 3 expiring the following year), your top defensive pairing, and all the while you have few ELC and picks to replace any of those guys... And the only guys with real value trade, (Matthews, Nylander, Mittelstadt) its only their unsigned rights you're dealing.

Maybe this doesn;t happen, sure, but by adding just UFAs and trying one last shot with the same group and a bunch of UFAs, and getting lesser value back on your commodities because you can only trade their rights, when you have few prospects or picks to replace them, you might be setting up a pretty mediocre team just waiting for high draft picks in 2027-2031, because their 2023-2026 picks are weak at best. with only 3 in the first 4 rounds 2023-2025, just 3 in 2026 minus whatever you deal at the 2024 TDL, which wont be the players you're trying to win the cup with.

I’m sure you guys know your own team better than I do but I really don’t understand why this doesn’t make sense. You’re trading mittlestadt to fill arguably the biggest hole on your team. Assessing how good a player is solely on the amount of games they played is a pretty horrible method, especially when that player is on a team that’s trying to win the Stanley cup. There’s also coaching factors too (Keefe should’ve played him more than Holl).

I understand the thought process behind not needing to move Casey, but you have no reason to keep him instead of acquiring a young top-4 RHD. Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, etc.; will Mittlestadt even be a top-6 forward on your team 3 years from now? You’re also going to have to pay him a higher number than you’d expect. It just seems like an absolute no-brainer. I’d like to hear you actually explain your reasons for not liking the trade. Maybe you just aren’t high on Liljegren? (Which is weird considering he’s a cost-controlled top-4 d man who’s only 24).
Jun. 19, 2023 at 6:17 a.m.
I’m sure you guys know your own team better than I do but I really don’t understand why this doesn’t make sense. You’re trading mittlestadt to fill arguably the biggest hole on your team. Assessing how good a player is solely on the amount of games they played is a pretty horrible method, especially when that player is on a team that’s trying to win the Stanley cup. There’s also coaching factors too (Keefe should’ve played him more than Holl).

I understand the thought process behind not needing to move Casey, but you have no reason to keep him instead of acquiring a young top-4 RHD. Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, etc.; will Mittlestadt even be a top-6 forward on your team 3 years from now? You’re also going to have to pay him a higher number than you’d expect. It just seems like an absolute no-brainer. I’d like to hear you actually explain your reasons for not liking the trade. Maybe you just aren’t high on Liljegren? (Which is weird considering he’s a cost-controlled top-4 d man who’s only 24).

You downgrade mittylestadt, but then refer to liljegren as a top 4 dman? Both are similar ages, mittlestadt has become an above average 3rd liner at least.

Im not sure liljegren is a top 4 dman. Hes entering his 5th pro season and was a healthy scratch for more than half the playoffs. The coaches and management like him so much they went out and acquired THREE defensemen at the TDL. The sheer fact that a team with really only one likely NHL prospect and a whole defense of guys close to or well over 30 years old would look to trade their only young defenseman says alot.

ANd Liljegren isnt what BUF lacks, your rationale is all wrong, and you seem to think that a RD is a RD. BUF needs a stay at home, crease clearing vet RD, Liljegren isnt a puck rusher or a stay at home guy. Its like saying I need a top line center and going and acquiring a 4th line center.

I think you overestimate what liljegren is worth while downgrading mittlestadt. If anything TOR would need to add, and maybe alot

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll