SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(WPG/LAK) - Dubois for Iafallo, Kupari, Vilardi, 2024 2nd (MTL)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 18 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Because that's a full starting lineup... Have a full starting lineup of guys outproducing him, then sure... But until then... You can't talk smack as your team would be better off with him than without him

He's also a locker room cancer who makes others on the team worse. So no, he would not make Montreal better. Especially not at $8.5 million a season. It's one of the worst contracts in the league, so no team is better off with him.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 18 at 6:21 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He's also a locker room cancer who makes others on the team worse. So no, he would not make Montreal better. Especially not at $8.5 million a season. It's one of the worst contracts in the league, so no team is better off with him.

MTL has Chris Wideman, PLD doesn't compare...

And you're saying replacing PLD with Tanner Pearson, LA isn't automatically worse?
Apr. 18 at 10:22 p.m.
MTL has Chris Wideman, PLD doesn't compare...

And you're saying replacing PLD with Tanner Pearson, LA isn't automatically worse?

No. Because it's Pearson and $5.25 million in extra cap room.
Apr. 18 at 10:24 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No. Because it's Pearson and $5.25 million in extra cap room.

You said PLD wouldn't make MTL better, replace Pearson or Josh Anderson with PLD in the same lineup, PLD does better
Apr. 19 at 1:27 a.m.
You said PLD wouldn't make MTL better, replace Pearson or Josh Anderson with PLD in the same lineup, PLD does better

If PLD is in, then both Pearson and Anderson have to be gone. And that's assuming Montreal had to give up NOTHING to get PLD.

Then you have the issue of being bad in the locker room.

Some players are such a big problem that their team gets better when they leave.
Apr. 19 at 8:17 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
If PLD is in, then both Pearson and Anderson have to be gone. And that's assuming Montreal had to give up NOTHING to get PLD.

Then you have the issue of being bad in the locker room.

Some players are such a big problem that their team gets better when they leave.

You're ignoring them as players and that my point... Take away the cap space and as players, PLD is a MASSIVE upgrade over Pearson and/or JA

My point has nothing to do with cap space but rather players in position x performing at level y
Apr. 20 at 8:13 a.m.
Quoting: Earth2Fire
PLD is the perfect player to be tutored by Kopitar. This trade will eventually be viewed as the time when the Kings got "their" guy and the Jets got pieces.

That’s what I was thinking, that this may be all about succession planning. I didn’t see it but there was a game last week when Kopitar was out and Dubois took his spot, contributing a goal on the power play. Kopitar is still going strong, but he’ll be 37 years old at the start of next season. Dubois is a long-term investment. With Kopitar as his mentor, the Kings are probably hoping he can become a better all-around player and more of a leader, and be ready to step into Kopitar’s spot when Kopitar retires. They didn’t bring him in to play on the fourth line.

Whether this plan works or not remains to be seen. He’ll probably never be as good as Kopitar, but he doesn’t necessarily have to be. The first year hasn’t been good (though the team is pretty much as good as it was last season, so it hasn’t really hurt them), but I agree that it’s probably too soon to judge whether this was a good move.
Apr. 23 at 7:52 a.m.
Banned

PL Dubois woke up feeling DANGEROUS today 🔥🔥😤😤0 Goals on purpose 0 Assists 4 PIMs 46% FO% pic.twitter.com/Bym5L0vBHp

— Pizza Man Danault (@PizzaManDanault) April 23, 2024
FoxYou727 and FarhanLuigi liked this.
Apr. 23 at 7:57 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: jr400
I’m sure there’s a bit of sour grapes in some of the comments we’re seeing from Habs fans, but I agree with them. They’re probably better off without him and his 8x$8.5M contract.

Anything to do with Bergevin is sour grapes. PLD wasn't just a Blake acquire. This was Bergevin's buddy (PLD's agent) and Bergevin with more theatrics. Bergevin kicked out the alumni of the dressing rooms (confirmed by Mike Commodore and Chris Nilan) and played favourites with 'his guys' notably Gallagher over others he disliked like Andrei Markov/Max Pacioretty/PK Subban.

Habs fans will always despise Bergevin and his minions like PLD's agent. That is the context here that some missed and are trying to defend PLD by for example calling him the Habs 5th best forward like wut that has nothing to do with anything but trolling from the king of mental gymnastics.
Apr. 23 at 9:04 a.m.
Banned
Edited Apr. 23 at 9:09 a.m.

LADIES AND GENTS, WE GOT AN UPDATE TO THE PLAYOFF SCORING RACEIafallo and Gabriel “Pookie Bear” Vilardi: 3 PtsPENDEJO LD: 2 penalty MinutesMAKES YOU THINK

— A Literal L’Mouse (@IliadRy) April 23, 2024

-PEE-YEW LD-Captain CardioI WAS TOLD THIS TEAM WAS BETTER https://t.co/ExA9Ba2gaP pic.twitter.com/msyKDRCjzl

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA PLD NEEDED AN OWN GOAL TO HELP HIMSELF BAHAHAHAHAHAHA https://t.co/iEY4JYg3mT

Own goal Dubois. Perfect. Nurse and him are really the same guy. So, of course, Nurse helps him out there. They should both thank their agents. Overpaid and Overhyped. I have no idea how Kent Hughes got Nurse that contract. Wizardry.

I remember when the talking heads said PLD was there to counter McDrai. He actually made the Kings much worse. I will never STOP clowning this guy.
20 hours ago
Hakuna Matata
Looking back LA really did not have to make this trade and now with the cap constraints for next year better hope he rebounds

But then again his buyouts looking pretty nice
17 hours ago
This may go down as one of the worst trades in history. Just about everyone knew PLD was extremely overrated yet LA still made this trade. Why I don’t think we will ever know.
FarhanLuigi liked this.
10 hours ago
OldSLIMEfan
Quoting: Rolfadinho
This may go down as one of the worst trades in history. Just about everyone knew PLD was extremely overrated yet LA still made this trade. Why I don’t think we will ever know.

Worst contract in hockey.
Rolfadinho liked this.
7 hours ago
Quoting: FarhanLuigi
Worst contract in hockey.

This as well. No one is touching it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit