LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:11 p.m.
Cant wait to see what Cane fans are gonna rebutle lol
To be it seems to be gutting of a trade..Mitch should retire a Leaf..stability is important. I dont thoiink we should have signed Klingberg..his 4M hit is not worth what he brings..I think Gus was just as risky defensively and has as much creative offensive skill for far less money (although not a RD, and that brings me to Timmins..let the kid play a full season with some PP duty and see if he gains the confidence..I thonk hes as good as Klingberg and hes a RD younger and cheaper..whats with the leafs not developing guys..?
and Domi I love as a signing but hes just a tad cheaper than Kerfoot (whipping boy) and has far less defensive ability and versatility..although more offense and bite..alsmost a side step instead of fwd one imo..will Bert be better than Bunts? lets see...is it training camp yet?
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
You want Carolina's 2nd pairing AND their top producer for an AHL filler in Timmins, an ageing and decline D man in Brodie, and a guy that doesn't help the scoring issues in Marner? This gets laughed at. The only roster piece you may get out of Raleigh for Marner is Teravainen. I'm not including Drury or Coghlan in this, because they both could go too, but otherwise it really doesn't make sense. Marner doesn't score enough to gut the D core
Mortarhead liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
DanyHeatley4allstar
Quoting: Caniac2000
You want Carolina's 2nd pairing AND their top producer for an AHL filler in Timmins, an ageing and decline D man in Brodie, and a guy that doesn't help the scoring issues in Marner? This gets laughed at. The only roster piece you may get out of Raleigh for Marner is Teravainen. I'm not including Drury or Coghlan in this, because they both could go too, but otherwise it really doesn't make sense. Marner doesn't score enough to gut the D core

Its funny that you say that, and yet Marner is better and more valuable than every single player on Carolina. Brodie was a top-5 defensive defender in the league this year according to JF analytics, he is a player that would fit in beautifully under Brind'Amour. Timmins is a third pairing offensive option in this league, he just doesn't fit the leafs system, especially with the signing of Klingberg which no one seems to like, including me. This is a fair trade because the 3 Canes players I added are free agents after next year, which reduces their value. Marner has 2 years of control and is a far superior player to anyone on your roster, he alone is worth close to the trio of Necas Skjei and Pesce
Mortarhead liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
DanyHeatley4allstar
Quoting: Mortarhead
Cant wait to see what Cane fans are gonna rebutle lol
To be it seems to be gutting of a trade..Mitch should retire a Leaf..stability is important. I dont thoiink we should have signed Klingberg..his 4M hit is not worth what he brings..I think Gus was just as risky defensively and has as much creative offensive skill for far less money (although not a RD, and that brings me to Timmins..let the kid play a full season with some PP duty and see if he gains the confidence..I thonk hes as good as Klingberg and hes a RD younger and cheaper..whats with the leafs not developing guys..?
and Domi I love as a signing but hes just a tad cheaper than Kerfoot (whipping boy) and has far less defensive ability and versatility..although more offense and bite..alsmost a side step instead of fwd one imo..will Bert be better than Bunts? lets see...is it training camp yet?

I think Bertuzzi will be far better than Bunting because not only is he better at the rat gig, he is stronger, a better fighter, and a far-more skilled hockey player. He was likely the best Bruin in the playoffs aside from Pastrnak. I don't like the Klingberg signing either, same with Reaves and Kampf but you can't undue them now. I like the Domi signing though because he will produce far more than Kerfoot ever would.
Mortarhead liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
Marner is not going anywhere, so kind of pointless. He easily becomes the Canes best player and we get two pending FA dmen (meh, not an upgrade on Brodie - at least defensively) and a good young 2nd line winger. Not enough but again - doesn’t matter, because he is not getting moved
Mortarhead liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: Maximporebski
Its funny that you say that, and yet Marner is better and more valuable than every single player on Carolina. Brodie was a top-5 defensive defender in the league this year according to JF analytics, he is a player that would fit in beautifully under Brind'Amour. Timmins is a third pairing offensive option in this league, he just doesn't fit the leafs system, especially with the signing of Klingberg which no one seems to like, including me. This is a fair trade because the 3 Canes players I added are free agents after next year, which reduces their value. Marner has 2 years of control and is a far superior player to anyone on your roster, he alone is worth close to the trio of Necas Skjei and Pesce

Marner also has a no move, which lowers his value, is overpaid by millions, which lowers his value, and makes almost 11 million in a flat cap league. Pesce and Skjei were a top 3 defensive pairing last season in terms of xG, they were dominant, and you want that for a dude whose point totals are inflated by playing with Matthews (roughly 70% of his points have a Matthews factor per hockeyviz). Marner isn't worth this to any other team in the league, get real
Jul. 3, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: Maximporebski

If Marner is as godly as you've described, why is it that the team with him and Matthews (who I'm going to assume you hold in even higher regards than Marner) can't seem to complete with the old little southern market team. Please do explain Carolina's 32 playoff wins (7 series) over the last 5 years compared to the Leafs 16 (1 series). You all literally had Eric Tulsky in your hand, and sad, nahhhh we like Treliving. Would of been the best pick-up your team made all year, now the rest of the league gets to sit back and watch you unravel.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 9:43 p.m.
DanyHeatley4allstar
Quoting: Caniac2000
Marner also has a no move, which lowers his value, is overpaid by millions, which lowers his value, and makes almost 11 million in a flat cap league. Pesce and Skjei were a top 3 defensive pairing last season in terms of xG, they were dominant, and you want that for a dude whose point totals are inflated by playing with Matthews (roughly 70% of his points have a Matthews factor per hockeyviz). Marner isn't worth this to any other team in the league, get real

Mitch Marner is a 10.9M player because he is one of the best playmakers in the world, has the ability to score 30, is one of the best defensive forwards in the league, and an elite penalty killer. He also has a better ppg ratio in the playoffs than any current Carolina Hurricane, which is why he is far better than any player on Carolina - a team that lacks elite talent - a team that lacks elite offensive players. Get real, Carolina has no ability to recruit or sign players of Marner's stature. Toronto doesn't need him because we need depth, not high end talent. Carolina is the exact opposite.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll