Forums/Armchair-GM

debrincat

Created by: lukefelsner
Team: 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 5, 2023
Published: Jul. 5, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
An Ottawa fan said he'd say yes to this and as a Detroit fan I feel like it makes sense
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,500,000
2$1,250,000
Trades
DET
  1. DeBrincat, Alex [RFA Rights]
OTT
  1. Fabbri, Robby
  2. Johansson, Albert
  3. Kubalik, Dominik ($1,250,000 retained)
  4. 2024 1st round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$76,955,556$0$4,350,000$6,544,444

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$5,100,000$5,100,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 5, 2023 at 12:32 a.m.
Future Norris guy
Islanders would be offering their 1st+Pageau+Wahlstrom. This offer is slightly better than theirs.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 4:21 a.m.
That seems like a lot. If Fabbri stays healthy, he'll probably put up close to 50 points, same with Kubalik. So your giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points. Then on top of that you are giving up a D prospect who was drafted in the 2nd round and has outplayed his draft position and a 1st that might be higher than the Islanders 1st. IMHO it's not worth it. Let the Islanders overpay for him and if he's dumb enough to extend on that collection of neverwas then we were better off anyway.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 5:30 a.m.
Pop Pop
They aren't taking Fabbri , dude can't stay healthy he has zero value.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 6:08 a.m.
At this point, I think it’s better for Debrincat to sign a 2-year deal and try again next offseason. GMs gets a better look of him, proving he’s a 40-goal scorer without Kane and Ottawa get better value
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
They aren't taking Fabbri , dude can't stay healthy he has zero value.

From Ottawa's pov so is Johansson they have as many LHDs as we do.

Quoting: gdhvbhfbngf
At this point, I think it’s better for Debrincat to sign a 2-year deal and try again next offseason. GMs gets a better look of him, proving he’s a 40-goal scorer without Kane and Ottawa get better value

MAYBE he gets offered a 1yr contract and gets traded at the TDL but that's a big maybe. From what I've heard is Dorian wants to move him ASAP and put the whole mess behind him.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 10:48 a.m.
Kubalik + 1st could be a part of the return but Fabbri + Johansson would have to be something different

Quoting: MoSeider53
Islanders would be offering their 1st+Pageau+Wahlstrom. This offer is slightly better than theirs.

No, I'd take the Isles offer pretty comfortably

Quoting: aedoran
From Ottawa's pov so is Johansson they have as many LHDs as we do.

Exactly. Chabot + Sanderson + Chychrun + Brannstrom + Kleven

Quoting: RedWing9119
That seems like a lot. If Fabbri stays healthy, he'll probably put up close to 50 points, same with Kubalik. So your giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points.

We don't want Fabbri as jfstompers said. I like Kubalik but he's UFA to be and doesn't have anywhere near the 2-way game Pageau has.

Also, "giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points" is a really inefficient ay to analyze a trade. I'll give you Brassard, Hamonic and Joseph for Lucas Raymond, I mean they outscored him!
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 10:57 a.m.
Why not see how Sprong do this season. He scored 21g in 66gm and had 11min time one ice. He is like DeBrincat, offers nothing defensively and have a bomb of a onetimer. What if Detroit gave him 15min and PP1? He might score 30
Jul. 5, 2023 at 11:33 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Kubalik + 1st could be a part of the return but Fabbri + Johansson would have to be something different

No, I'd take the Isles offer pretty comfortably

Exactly. Chabot + Sanderson + Chychrun + Brannstrom + Kleven

We don't want Fabbri as jfstompers said. I like Kubalik but he's UFA to be and doesn't have anywhere near the 2-way game Pageau has.

Also, "giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points" is a really inefficient ay to analyze a trade. I'll give you Brassard, Hamonic and Joseph for Lucas Raymond, I mean they outscored him!

Yes those two groups of players are exactly the same. The two players in the trade are of similar age and outproduce the subject of the trade. That is significant whether you want it to be or not. Your argument is deliberately disingenuous because the players you mentioned are old and not comparable. Try again. Or go ahead and take the Islanders offer.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
Yes those two groups of players are exactly the same. The two players in the trade are of similar age and outproduce the subject of the trade. That is significant whether you want it to be or not. Your argument is deliberately disingenuous because the players you mentioned are old and not comparable. Try again. Or go ahead and take the Islanders offer.

Well, I give up on trying to explain you how flawed your argument is. Ask anybody I guess
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:03 p.m.
Quoting: gdhvbhfbngf
Why not see how Sprong do this season. He scored 21g in 66gm and had 11min time one ice. He is like DeBrincat, offers nothing defensively and have a bomb of a onetimer. What if Detroit gave him 15min and PP1? He might score 30

I want badly to have Sprong higher in the lineup but dont know where. I think you can just could on a guy who had a breakout year last year to fix your scoring woes though. Debrincat should be a no brainer for detroit. Perron has slowed down as the years go, I could see a situation where Sprong swaps with Perron both on PP1 and L2, That would be idea for me. but again, we need more.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:04 p.m.
Well, I give up on trying to explain you how flawed your argument is. Ask anybody I guess

Anybody who? Im talking to you. You made a deliberately false comparison to make a flawed point. Not my problem that you don't like facts. I'm certain that any GM would bring up this exact point in any trade negotiations. Ask anybody i guess.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:08 p.m.
That seems like a lot. If Fabbri stays healthy, he'll probably put up close to 50 points, same with Kubalik. So your giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points. Then on top of that you are giving up a D prospect who was drafted in the 2nd round and has outplayed his draft position and a 1st that might be higher than the Islanders 1st. IMHO it's not worth it. Let the Islanders overpay for him and if he's dumb enough to extend on that collection of neverwas then we were better off anyway.

Fabbri hasn't even ever gotten 40 points in his career in one year, Kubalik would hurt more, I like more. I like that you're trying to inflate out guys but we wouldn't be close to giving up nearly 100 points, especially with both players if on the team in lower roles, along with Fabbri always being hurt. combined last year they had less than Cat, and we both know Cat is capable of way more. For the let the Isles overpay, man im tired of mediocrity, we have no reason to not go and get a skilled forward like him, I dont want to move Johansson either, but we have a massive logjam at LHD as is, he might never see time. Make a deal like this, it would be worth it imho
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:17 p.m.
Quoting: lukefelsner
Fabbri hasn't even ever gotten 40 points in his career in one year, Kubalik would hurt more, I like more. I like that you're trying to inflate out guys but we wouldn't be close to giving up nearly 100 points, especially with both players if on the team in lower roles, along with Fabbri always being hurt. combined last year they had less than Cat, and we both know Cat is capable of way more. For the let the Isles overpay, man im tired of mediocrity, we have no reason to not go and get a skilled forward like him, I dont want to move Johansson either, but we have a massive logjam at LHD as is, he might never see time. Make a deal like this, it would be worth it imho

This is exactly why Yzerman is the GM and we're not because he won't make dumb mistakes due to impatience. Thats exactly how Ottawa and New York are having the issues they have now. Yzermans reputation is that he's a hard negotiator and sticks to his price. If Ottawa wants more then screw em. We have every reason not to overpay while we're still in a rebuild and we still are. It's not Stevies problem that people like you are becoming impatient. His draft picks have played a total of like 200 games so far and almost all of that has been Seider and Raymond. Fans who are upset now had unrealistic expectations from the start.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
This is exactly why Yzerman is the GM and we're not because he won't make dumb mistakes due to impatience. Thats exactly how Ottawa and New York are having the issues they have now. Yzermans reputation is that he's a hard negotiator and sticks to his price. If Ottawa wants more then screw em. We have every reason not to overpay while we're still in a rebuild and we still are. It's not Stevies problem that people like you are becoming impatient. His draft picks have played a total of like 200 games so far and almost all of that has been Seider and Raymond. Fans who are upset now had unrealistic expectations from the start.

weird to come at me so hard but ok. im not impatient, im not sitting here saying they NEED to pick it up push deep in playoffs but its silly to be content constantly with mediocrity. Its also silly to have a mindset of not being able to question things Stevie does and doesnt do. I love him as much as the next and dont get mad at him, nor will I ever want him fired to anything. But surely we should be seeing a better product on ice right now. A lot of that comes with Debrincat and I really dont see the price i proposed or most others around as something we cant handle.

Yes alot of his specs havent played nhl time, and yes alot more will make it and whatnot. But none of them have 40 goal scorer written all over them, and while anything can happen, I dont foresee any of them getting to that. Cat has done that and hes 25. its a no brainer and yes, steve wont overpay either way
Jul. 5, 2023 at 7:41 p.m.
weird to come at me so hard but ok. im not impatient, im not sitting here saying they NEED to pick it up push deep in playoffs but its silly to be content constantly with mediocrity. Its also silly to have a mindset of not being able to question things Stevie does and doesnt do. I love him as much as the next and dont get mad at him, nor will I ever want him fired to anything. But surely we should be seeing a better product on ice right now. A lot of that comes with Debrincat and I really dont see the price i proposed or most others around as something we cant handle.

Yes alot of his specs havent played nhl time, and yes alot more will make it and whatnot. But none of them have 40 goal scorer written all over them, and while anything can happen, I dont foresee any of them getting to that. Cat has done that and hes 25. its a no brainer and yes, steve wont overpay either way

If you were offended then I'm sorry but none was meant. Just tired of making this argument again and again for weeks now. We obviously disagree about the state of the team quite a bit. I don't know what you mean about improved; we have gotten better every year he's been in charge. Our special teams have improved quite a lot and before the trade deadline we were close to a playoff spot until moose got hurt and we fell off a cliff. And his draft picks haven't even played yet.
It isn't about " what we can handle" it's about what he's worth given the circumstances. The quickest way to ruin a rebuild is to overpay because " you can handle it". I'll criticize Stevie when he deserves it; this off season he doesn't. Do I like the Holl signing? No but we needed a RD and according to Ryan Hanna it was because we couldn't get other D to come here. Overall I'm extremely happy with only the Holl signing and the Danielson pick giving me pause.
Jul. 5, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
Edited Jul. 5, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
Anybody who? Im talking to you. You made a deliberately false comparison to make a flawed point. Not my problem that you don't like facts. I'm certain that any GM would bring up this exact point in any trade negotiations. Ask anybody i guess.

"facts" lmao

You said "If Fabbri stays healthy, he'll probably put up close to 50 points, same with Kubalik. So your giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points."

I'm sure 95% of people reading this would find it stupid, like very stupid. There is a LOT of examples that could be made comparing 2 NHL players with 1 that would make this statement look even more ridiculous than it is. That is just NOT how the market value works.

I tried to decline politely but you're forcing my hand into telling you how stupid your statement was. I'm already exhausted by the fact that you don't realize how FALLACIOUS that is so I really don't wish to waste a single more second on this

It's not only that, 100 pts divided by 2 is still 50 pts (let's say the 50 pts were true)... unless DeBrincat 2 roster spots and I didn't notice? tears of joy
Jul. 5, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
You said "If Fabbri stays healthy, he'll probably put up close to 50 points, same with Kubalik. So your giving up close to 100 points for a guy who didn't break 70 points."

I'm sure 95% of people reading this would find it stupid, like very stupid. There is a LOT of examples that could be made comparing 2 NHL players with 1 that would make this statement look even more ridiculous than it is

Sorry but I'm not going into a debate with you. I'm already exhausted by the fact that you don't realize how FALLACIOUS that is.

Dude this tactic is so lame. No one's here but you. Stop trying to make it sound like you have anybody else on your side. I have been civil with you and you are now calling me names. You are a sad little human. Go away.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:36 p.m.
Dude this tactic is so lame. No one's here but you. Stop trying to make it sound like you have anybody else on your side. I have been civil with you and you are now calling me names. You are a sad little human. Go away.

I told you :

"is a really inefficient way to analyze a trade"

Then you told me :

"Your argument is deliberately disingenuous"

I then said :

"I give up on trying to explain you how flawed your argument is"

Then you told me :

"You made a deliberately false comparison to make a flawed point. Not my problem that you don't like facts"

Then yes I said your argument was stupid, because it really is. I am NOT calling you out as a person, I am calling out your argument

Then you reply :

"I have been civil with you and you are now calling me names. You are a sad little human"

You are probably not even aware of what is wrong here but I'll explain it to you.

For someone who claims to be civil, you called my argument disingenuous, deliberately false, a flawed point and then that I don't like facts. I then say that your argument was stupid and you call me a "sad little human"

I mean, if you don't see what is wrong here, no one will be able to help you.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 7:10 p.m.
I told you :

"is a really inefficient way to analyze a trade"

Then you told me :

"Your argument is deliberately disingenuous"

I then said :

"I give up on trying to explain you how flawed your argument is"

Then you told me :

"You made a deliberately false comparison to make a flawed point. Not my problem that you don't like facts"

Then yes I said your argument was stupid, because it really is. I am NOT calling you out as a person, I am calling out your argument

Then you reply :

"I have been civil with you and you are now calling me names. You are a sad little human"

You are probably not even aware of what is wrong here but I'll explain it to you.

For someone who claims to be civil, you called my argument disingenuous, deliberately false, a flawed point and then that I don't like facts. I then say that your argument was stupid and you call me a "sad little human"

I mean, if you don't see what is wrong here, no one will be able to help you.

Are you trying to provoke me so you can tell on me again? Did you think I forgot?

But because I'm enjoying this, let's try again: I said that if the players stay healthy they could score close to a hundred points. The players proposed in the trade are of similar age to Debrincat. You used a comparable by picking three players who scored more than Raymond. The reason it was disingenouous, as you well know, was that the players you picked arent even close in age. If you don't like being called out on flawed arguments don't make them. Then you claimed that the whole world agreed with you and when that didn't work you called me stupid. The fact that you think a GM wouldn't bring this up in a negotiation is laughable to me but to each their own. If I upset you so much then I suggest you just go away like I said an entire day ago.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
Are you trying to provoke me so you can tell on me again? Did you think I forgot?

But because I'm enjoying this, let's try again: I said that if the players stay healthy they could score close to a hundred points. The players proposed in the trade are of similar age to Debrincat. You used a comparable by picking three players who scored more than Raymond. The reason it was disingenouous, as you well know, was that the players you picked arent even close in age. If you don't like being called out on flawed arguments don't make them. Then you claimed that the whole world agreed with you and when that didn't work you called me stupid. The fact that you think a GM wouldn't bring this up in a negotiation is laughable to me but to each their own. If I upset you so much then I suggest you just go away like I said an entire day ago.

lol I am not upset at all... Again, I didn't call YOU stupid, I called your argument stupid. There's a big difference...

Like I said, I gave up on the argument. We both called out each other's argument, which is fine in a discussion but "sad little human" is a personal attack. But I don't care, you do you and can even think you were the one "civil" if you'd like

I am here and enjoying seeing how you react to all this.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 7:38 p.m.
lol I am not upset at all... Again, I didn't call YOU stupid, I called your argument stupid. There's a big difference...

Like I said, I gave up on the argument. We both called out each other's argument, which is fine in a discussion but "sad little human" is a personal attack. But I don't care, you do you and can even think you were the one "civil" if you'd like

I am here and enjoying seeing how you react to all this.

Lmao. Love the semantics. Do you have any other fouth grade ploys to unleash? Have a nice day.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 8:02 p.m.
Lmao. Love the semantics. Do you have any other fouth grade ploys to unleash? Have a nice day.

Semantics? lol where?

There's no semantics here... You really dont understand much of anything it seems... so I might be a "sad little human" but at least I'm not completely lost

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll