SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

An open rant to people who create AGMs

Jul. 7, 2023 at 10:06 a.m.
Bedard23
Disclaimer: If this gets me an infraction I genuinely couldn’t give a flying **** because this is a topic I’m very passionate about.

Arm-Chair GM, by far the most used feature on the site which allows us to express our takes on how our favourites teams should be run, that’s all well and good but the issue this post dives into is the mock trades that are posted in them.

I’ve seen my fair share of mock trades that I absolutely hate, I’m sure we all have, they pop up at least multiple times a day now I don’t have a problem with that generally even when the creators get defensive about it. What I do have an issue with is people making the same exact **** and expecting a different response, firstly what do you expect? If a trade is universally panned on that should be an indication that they don’t like it and it’s impossible to change their minds. Secondly if your going to try sending the same player over to the same team, unless they say they don’t want him or don’t need him on their team at least alter the package, then you could get a different response, it’s no different to negotiating contracts. This should be common sense but clearly that concept hasn’t reached the creators at all. Here’s my favourite example of this:

Toronto gets: Shane Wright, first round pick and other ****
Seattle gets: William Nylander

That idea has been universally shot down yet people still decide to put the SAME ****ING IDEA IN THEIR’S AND THEY EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESPONSE LIKE IS IT THAT ****ING HARD TO SEE THAT IF THEY DON’T LIKE AN OFFER THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SHOOT THAT IDEA DOWN?

Ok sorry about that last chunk, I’m just too passionate about this topic.

I want this sentiment to be known across the site: If people don’t like a trade offer, never offer that **** again.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 10:10 a.m.
Bedard23
So after I posted this, I realized I should’ve put it in site discussion, so thats my bad
Jul. 7, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
torontos finest
personally i just don't take offense to any acgms because they're made up and you can easily just....ignore them?

also maybe understand that most people don't spend countless hours on this website looking at every acgm
ricochetii, McGruff, A_Habs_fan and 8 others liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Yeah, this isn't something that's easily avoidable. You can't blame someone for repeating a trade they may not even have seen. Hit back and move on.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Jul. 8, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
Arm-Chair GM

guess some are "La-Z Boyz"

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll