Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 7, 2023 at 11:57 p.m.
Xercuses
I don’t wanna give up Bolduc
Would rather give up a straight firsts or a couple seconds

Not to mention I’d rather just move Krug and play Scotty P, Rosen and tucker

Lastly Krug doesn’t waive I don’t think
tstrauss16 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 11:58 p.m.
Realistically Bolduc doesn't seem to project well into the Berube system. And were not sure Krug won't waive or if it was just for Philly.
noted liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Lol absolutely not, Fowler says no and we don’t want Krug’s contract

I don’t think we trade Fowler at all either
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:04 a.m.
Quoting: HolyJumpin81
Realistically Bolduc doesn't seem to project well into the Berube system. And were not sure Krug won't waive or if it was just for Philly.

I don’t think Krug will wanna waive. Also Bolduc will be a Top 6 LW for us. He will play well with a Thomas. Bolduc - Thomas - Snuggerud will be one of our Top 6 lines of the future.
mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:06 a.m.
Xercuses

Why do you say that? Everything I watch with him has been pretty good, well aside from this latest camp. Also if he wouldn’t fit berubes system why would the blues take him? 🤔
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:08 a.m.
STL
I don’t think any of this is realistic for either team
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:41 a.m.
mokumboi
Realistically Bolduc doesn't seem to project well into the Berube system.

And were not sure Krug won't waive or if it was just for Philly.

1 - Uhh what??? Baffled at how you got that idea.

2 - Krug ain't waiving for Cali, let alone a rebuild in Cali.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:43 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: tstrauss16
I don’t think Krug will wanna waive. Also Bolduc will be a Top 6 LW for us. He will play well with a Thomas. Bolduc - Thomas - Snuggerud will be one of our Top 6 lines of the future.

The thought of having two cold blooded snipes running with RobTom is taaaantalizing.
tstrauss16 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:45 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
"gets ANA to cap floor"?!?!?

Hmmm, let's see . . . our roster right now stands at $53.6 million over 16 roster slots plus Trevor Zegras plus Troy Terry plus Jamie Drysdale plus Lukas Dostal plus 3 more players still to be signed = hard to see how we could stay under the $61.7 million cap floor if we tried, so that's not a concern which might persuade us to exchange Cam Fowler for Torey Krug, especially when Cam is coming off his best season and Torey is coming off his worst.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 9:01 a.m.
Quoting: xercuses
I don’t wanna give up Bolduc
Would rather give up a straight firsts or a couple seconds

Not to mention I’d rather just move Krug and play Scotty P, Rosen and tucker

Lastly Krug doesn’t waive I don’t think

Quoting: mokumboi
1 - Uhh what??? Baffled at how you got that idea.

2 - Krug ain't waiving for Cali, let alone a rebuild in Cali.

Based on how they looked at prospect camp, team fit, and what they could get in return; I would say Bolduc is very reasonably the most likely of the higher end prospects to be traded if the right package came along….and much more likely than trading future firsts when those could be top 15 picks as well.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: noted
Based on how they looked at prospect camp, team fit, and what they could get in return; I would say Bolduc is very reasonably the most likely of the higher end prospects to be traded if the right package came along….and much more likely than trading future firsts when those could be top 15 picks as well.

Okay, again, why are people talking about team fit with Bolduc? What does that mean exactly? Because I have not an earthly clue what you guys are on about. Snipers who play 200 feet fit on every team.

Secondly, it was a weekend prospects camp. The guy played more hockey this past year than almost any prospect out there (80 total Quebec games plus taking part in the entire Canada pre-WJC camp before being supposedly the last cut.) He also had the shortest break of just about any prospect, as his Quebec season only ended a month ago.

Let's just slow our roll on the deal-ability of Bolduc, and for that matter on missing the playoffs again.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.

That’s probably not too far off base, however, I’m not sure Cam Fowler is the guy you consider moving one of the top prospects for. He’s virtually an all offense guy just as Krug is, with less point production, and adequately tire fire defense but a larger frame.

The only benefit and I mean only benefit here is that the contract is one year less. Don’t really see why that’s worth adding Bolduc a guy who was considered at the back end of a top 50 prospect at the beginning of his season and did nothing aside from help a team win a memorial cup. I get the argument people have about stylistically him looking sluggish/unengaged, but we always complained about that with Tarasenko as well who worked out pretty well for us.

Okay, again, why are people talking about team fit with Bolduc? What does that mean exactly? Because I have not an earthly clue what you guys are on about. Snipers who play 200 feet fit on every team.

Secondly, it was a weekend prospects camp. The guy played more hockey this past year than almost any prospect out there (80 total Quebec games plus taking part in the entire Canada pre-WJC camp before being supposedly the last cut.) He also had the shortest break of just about any prospect, as his Quebec season only ended a month ago.

Let's just slow our roll on the deal-ability of Bolduc, and for that matter on missing the playoffs again.

Bolduc floats a good bit if you watch him for a while. Tarasenko did the same thing. He’s capable of helping out with a 200 ft game buts it’s not really usual that he does
HolyJumpin81 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.

He doesn’t play 200 foot. That’s the problem. I’m not saying he is going to be traded. Just saying if they did trade one of prospects, he’s probably the most likely.
HolyJumpin81 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
mokumboi
He doesn’t play 200 foot. That’s the problem. I’m not saying he is going to be traded. Just saying if they did trade one of prospects, he’s probably the most likely.

Quoting: AC14
Bolduc floats a good bit if you watch him for a while. Tarasenko did the same thing. He’s capable of helping out with a 200 ft game buts it’s not really usual that he doe

I honestly have no idea what you guys are on about. He's arguably the most 200 foot player of all our young wingers. Seriously, if you're judging from 3 v 3 drills and burst scrimmages in a prospects camp, let alone when the kid has hardly had a break from about the busiest season a prospect can have, you're missing the boat on this one.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
I think Bolduc, like some have said, reminds of 91 in his lack of defensive effort. I think he'd be a decent trade chip cause I think there is also so much more talent in the system, especially after drafting Dvorsky. Doesn't hurt to keep him though, but I think he requires a ton more development. He is like 19 haha.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
I honestly have no idea what you guys are on about. He's arguably the most 200 foot player of all our young wingers. Seriously, if you're judging from 3 v 3 drills and burst scrimmages in a prospects camp, let alone when the kid has hardly had a break from about the busiest season a prospect can have, you're missing the boat on this one.

I’m basing it on what the Blues coaches and staff said about him after playing in preseason games last year. I’m basing it on how he looked lazy back-checking in prospect camp. I’m basing it on what Blues analysts like Jamie Rivers, Chris Kerber, Jeremy Rutherford, and Andy Strickland have said about him and how if they are going to trade a prospect, it could be him.

I want him to do well. I think he can do well. My only thing was, if and I stress if they were going to trade a high end prospect - it would likely be him over Snuggerud, Dean, all 3 of the guys they just drafted 1st round, and Neighbours even and any future firsts.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
mokumboi
I’m basing it on what the Blues coaches and staff said about him after playing in preseason games last year. I’m basing it on how he looked lazy back-checking in prospect camp. I’m basing it on what Blues analysts like Jamie Rivers, Chris Kerber, Jeremy Rutherford, and Andy Strickland have said about him and how if they are going to trade a prospect, it could be him.

I want him to do well. I think he can do well. My only thing was, if and I stress if they were going to trade a high end prospect - it would likely be him over Snuggerud, Dean, all 3 of the guys they just drafted 1st round, and Neighbours even and any future firsts.

Wow, a lot to unpack here.

- Last year is last year, and a few stray minutes in his first NHL level preseason game or the camp scenario I already described should not be anybody's primary judgment hill. Prospects progress. Bolduc has progressed more than most this past year. Which also means he's outdone development expectations by a significant margin two seasons in a row. This is not a player you trade.

- Half those Blues "analysts" are just straight up not good at analyzing. JR in particular is pretty much HOF level at personal feature type stories, and meh to terrible at everything else. I've seen prospect analysts routinely discuss how he plays 200 feet and kills pens well. And, ya know, I've watched him play a bunch of real games (full disclosure: I saw very little of actual prospects camp scrimmage action, maybe like 10-15 minutes).

- I would absolutely not place him below Stenberg (that's just kooky) or future 1sts on this imaginary list. Dean and Lindstein are different positions - and one of those is a very dire position of need, so there are other considerations - but I also certainly would not place him below Dean. I think a lot of Blues fans are being oddly rash about one of our top forward prospects. In other words, business as usual. tears of joy
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:37 p.m.

- Last year is last year, and a few stray minutes in his first NHL level preseason game or the camp scenario I already described should not be anybody's primary judgment hill. Prospects progress. Bolduc has progressed more than most this past year. Which also means he's outdone development expectations by a significant margin two seasons in a row. This is not a player you trade.

- Half those Blues "analysts" are just straight up not good at analyzing. JR in particular is pretty much HOF level at personal feature type stories, and meh to terrible at everything else. I've seen prospect analysts routinely discuss how he plays 200 feet and kills pens well. And, ya know, I've watched him play a bunch of real games (full disclosure: I saw very little of actual prospects camp scrimmage action, maybe like 10-15 minutes).

- I would absolutely not place him below Stenberg (that's just kooky) or future 1sts on this imaginary list. Dean and Lindstein are different positions - and one of those is a very dire position of need, so there are other considerations - but I also certainly would not place him below Dean. I think a lot of Blues fans are being oddly rash about one of our top forward prospects. In other words, business as usual. tears of joy

I see what you’re saying and I don’t disagree, but I just think his skillset projects more like 91, not that it’s bad but I think he could be a good trade piece considering that doesn’t always mesh well w the Berube system. He could pay dividends but he’s still very young. Call me old school ig haha
mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
The thought of having two cold blooded snipes running with RobTom is taaaantalizing.

Second line would be Buchnevich - Dvorsky - Kyrou. Our third line of Stenberg - Dean - Neighbours would be solid too. Just gotta figure out defense. I trust Hofer to run the future for our goaltending
HolyJumpin81 and mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.

I know you are very knowledgeable hockey fan and respect you opinion. You also think Kyrou has a strong 200 foot game though so let’s just say our standard of what that means differs.

I also don’t think JR is knowledgeable at analyzing himself. He was quoting from what he has heard from others presumably within the organization.

And again - im not rooting against anyone that wears the Bluenote. Was just saying thought Bolduc most likely to be traded if there was one…
HolyJumpin81 and mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 1:28 p.m.
mokumboi
I know you are very knowledgeable hockey fan and respect you opinion. You also think Kyrou has a strong 200 foot game though so let’s just say our standard of what that means differs.

I also don’t think JR is knowledgeable at analyzing himself. He was quoting from what he has heard from others presumably within the organization.

And again - im not rooting against anyone that wears the Bluenote. Was just saying thought Bolduc most likely to be traded if there was one…

Hahaha when do you imagine I ever said, suggested or implied Kyrou has "a strong 200 ft game"? That simply never happened.

As for Bolduc, he's easily above Stenberg if nothing else. It would take one hell of a deal to get them to trade Bolduc. At least it damn well should. I'm not interested in us going back to throwing away outstanding young forwards over nitpicky butt bugs that turn out to be nothing.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
mokumboi
I see what you’re saying and I don’t disagree, but I just think his skillset projects more like 91, not that it’s bad but I think he could be a good trade piece considering that doesn’t always mesh well w the Berube system. He could pay dividends but he’s still very young. Call me old school ig haha

Yeah, prospect Bolduc and prospect Vova are nothing alike in this regard. Like I said, Bolduc was PK1 for the Memorial Cup Champs. I know +/- is a stat that requires a ton of context and I'm not suggesting Bolduc will be a Selke winner, but dude was like +120 playing against top lines over the past two seasons combined. And he was very high up the takeaways, zone exit and puck battles won charts last season. He was definitely not a passenger.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
Hahaha when do you imagine I ever said, suggested or implied Kyrou has "a strong 200 ft game"? That simply never happened.

As for Bolduc, he's easily above Stenberg if nothing else. It would take one hell of a deal to get them to trade Bolduc. At least it damn well should. I'm not interested in us going back to throwing away outstanding young forwards over nitpicky butt bugs that turn out to be nothing.

Completely agree with this portion. There’s no reason to classify him lower than 3rd in our prospect pool at the moment. He had a fantastic season. And I certainly wouldn’t trade him in a deal for Cam Fowler my god.

However, I do understand what people are getting at when stylistically watching him. He does float a bit to read plays versus what your normal “Bluesy” stylistic puck hound looks like and that’s fine. It’s most likely his job given his shot capability. And I’m certainly not throwing him away if I’m in charge due to a fear of compatibility with Berube (not that I beleive there to be an issue there). You can live with guys generally being the 3rd guy on the forecheck, our current issues with Kyrou are completely different and I’d imagine those issues are what scare some off of guys who aren’t necessarily puck hounds/heavy forecheckers visually.
mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 2:34 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: AC14
Completely agree with this portion. There’s no reason to classify him lower than 3rd in our prospect pool at the moment. He had a fantastic season. And I certainly wouldn’t trade him in a deal for Cam Fowler my god.

However, I do understand what people are getting at when stylistically watching him. He does float a bit to read plays versus what your normal “Bluesy” stylistic puck hound looks like and that’s fine. It’s most likely his job given his shot capability. And I’m certainly not throwing him away if I’m in charge due to a fear of compatibility with Berube (not that I beleive there to be an issue there). You can live with guys generally being the 3rd guy on the forecheck, our current issues with Kyrou are completely different and I’d imagine those issues are what scare some off of guys who aren’t necessarily puck hounds/heavy forecheckers visually.

Totally get all of this and yes he does look for quick outlets (not sure how that doesn’t fit with the #1 rush offense in the league), but Bolduc apparently is sneaky active on the back check. Folks should go back and watch the Memorial Cup games or a Q playoff game or something. He is known for his all zones impact, so I feel like people are giving far too much credence to stray comments made about prospects camp. I never heard this "he doesn't play 200 feet, he floats" stuff from anybody prior to that.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 11:57 a.m.
Totally get all of this and yes he does look for quick outlets (not sure how that doesn’t fit with the #1 rush offense in the league), but Bolduc apparently is sneaky active on the back check. Folks should go back and watch the Memorial Cup games or a Q playoff game or something. He is known for his all zones impact, so I feel like people are giving far too much credence to stray comments made about prospects camp. I never heard this "he doesn't play 200 feet, he floats" stuff from anybody prior to that.

Hey - can you help me out here?

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/742171

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll