1. Bean, Jake ($1,000,000 retained)
  2. Dumais, Jordan
  3. Sillinger, Cole
  4. 2024 4th round pick (SJS)
CBJ
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. Nylander, William
Additional Details:
Jarmo headlocks Nylander until he signs a 7 year X 9.88M.

Murray gets bought out.
TOR
  1. Mateychuk, Denton
  2. Peeke, Andrew
  3. Roslovic, Jack ($2,000,000 retained)
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CBJ)
  5. 2024 3rd round pick (LAK)
CBJ
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (CHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,818,199$0$6,900,000$681,801
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,200,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Nah dude this is a clear win for the Leafs. We get a middle 6 center at 2 mil and a defensive defenseman to play in our top 4 alongside Rielly. We'd save 3 mil against the cap this year and upwards of 6 mil when Nylander resigns, 6 mil we could use to resign Bertuzzi.

Add to that a blue chip defensive prospect, a 1st and a 3rd and it's an absolute no-brainer.

Middle 6 centre’s can be found in free agency. You don’t trade your best trade chip for one.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: GreatWhiteNorth
Middle 6 centre’s can be found in free agency. You don’t trade your best trade chip for one.

I just explained why it's more than a middle 6 center... he's probably the least valuable piece in that trade, but valuable at 2 mil for 2 years nonetheless. As I said, Mateychuk is a blue chip prospect.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
I just explained why it's more than a middle 6 center... he's probably the least valuable piece in that trade, but valuable at 2 mil for 2 years nonetheless. As I said, Mateychuk is a blue chip prospect.

Leafs are in win now mode.. a prospect that’s still at least 2 years away from even playing in the league doesn’t help that. Roslovic, as I said, doesn’t really help win much. Tavares and Matthews are your top 6 centres, Kampf is the 3C for shutdown purposes. They don’t need offence in that spot. Peeke is a number 4 defenceman - play him with Rielly, sure. But he doesn’t have extreme value. The extra cap space will be acquired in any trade with Nylander so it’s not really seen as a positive or negative value for this specific deal.

The most important thing for Toronto in any trade with Nylander is getting young pieces to help them win now. This deal doesn’t do that. For that reason it would be declined, no matter what you place the value on it.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:06 a.m.
Leafs are in win now mode.. a prospect that’s still at least 2 years away from even playing in the league doesn’t help that. Roslovic, as I said, doesn’t really help win much. Tavares and Matthews are your top 6 centres, Kampf is the 3C for shutdown purposes. They don’t need offence in that spot. Peeke is a number 4 defenceman - play him with Rielly, sure. But he doesn’t have extreme value. The extra cap space will be acquired in any trade with Nylander so it’s not really seen as a positive or negative value for this specific deal.

The most important thing for Toronto in any trade with Nylander is getting young pieces to help them win now. This deal doesn’t do that. For that reason it would be declined, no matter what you place the value on it.

I just think you're being shortsighted. We could use that cap space and those assets to take a big swing at someone like Konecny with retention:

Mateychuk + 1st + 3rd + Robertson for Konecny with 2 mil retained. Then our lines could look like:

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Konecny
Domi - Roslovic - Jarnkrok
Lafferty - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - Peeke
Brodie - Klingberg
Gio - McCabe

Samsonov
Woll

That's a better team short term and long term.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:18 a.m.
I just think you're being shortsighted. We could use that cap space and those assets to take a big swing at someone like Konecny with retention:

Mateychuk + 1st + 3rd + Robertson for Konecny with 2 mil retained. Then our lines could look like:

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Konecny
Domi - Roslovic - Jarnkrok
Lafferty - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - Peeke
Brodie - Klingberg
Gio - McCabe

Samsonov
Woll

That's a better team short term and long term.

You must have mis-read my last comment - I said that any Nylander deal will come with cap space for Toronto. So the cap space point isn’t positive or negative value in this deal.

If Philadelphia is looking for that type of a deal for Konecny, why wouldn’t Columbus just make that deal themselves? The have the similar assets and Konecny is cheaper than Nylander. Just seems like you’re a bit too much in fantasy land than reality
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
You must have mis-read my last comment - I said that any Nylander deal will come with cap space for Toronto. So the cap space point isn’t positive or negative value in this deal.

If Philadelphia is looking for that type of a deal for Konecny, why wouldn’t Columbus just make that deal themselves? The have the similar assets and Konecny is cheaper than Nylander. Just seems like you’re a bit too much in fantasy land than reality

I'm making a point that the assets we'd get in the Nylander trade proposed above would be far more valuable than you're willing to admit,. Columbus wouldn't make that deal with us in the first place, that's not the point. If they did make that trade, we could turn Nylander, Robertson and Murray into Peeke, Roslovic and Konecny because there's no way PHI would turn down that offer. You realize this is an armchair GM thread, meaning any trade proposals are literally fantasy?

At the end of the day you're just making a terrible evaluation of that Nylander return.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
I'm making a point that the assets we'd get in the Nylander trade proposed above would be far more valuable than you're willing to admit,. Columbus wouldn't make that deal with us in the first place, that's not the point. If they did make that trade, we could turn Nylander, Robertson and Murray into Peeke, Roslovic and Konecny because there's no way PHI would turn down that offer. You realize this is an armchair GM thread, meaning any trade proposals are literally fantasy?

At the end of the day you're just making a terrible evaluation of that Nylander return.

I don’t think my evaluation of Nylander is terrible at all - and just cause you don’t agree with me doesn’t make it terrible. I’m more inclined to see that we have a different perspective on value, which is an arbitrary term anyways. It seems you’re look at it as what value does an elite scorer bring to your team, where I’m looking at it from a team’s perspective by that it’s more what players fit our needs. Which is 100% fine and that’s why it’s an arbitrary term.

I see Toronto valuing players that can come in and help now and I think they do too. Roslovic just doesn’t do that and neither does Mateychuk (although yes he is a good prospect). I like the idea of flipping them, but I just don’t see the value in having to do that work just to get the value that you wanted in the first place, it seems contradictory and makes more sense to just acquire what you need in the first place.

That being said, all this talk got me thinking something between those 3 teams could work and I worked up a 3 team trade idea along this discussion line. Check it out, maybe we’ll be closer to agreeing with it rather than this:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4442034
Jul. 15, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
I don’t think my evaluation of Nylander is terrible at all - and just cause you don’t agree with me doesn’t make it terrible. I’m more inclined to see that we have a different perspective on value, which is an arbitrary term anyways. It seems you’re look at it as what value does an elite scorer bring to your team, where I’m looking at it from a team’s perspective by that it’s more what players fit our needs. Which is 100% fine and that’s why it’s an arbitrary term.

I see Toronto valuing players that can come in and help now and I think they do too. Roslovic just doesn’t do that and neither does Mateychuk (although yes he is a good prospect). I like the idea of flipping them, but I just don’t see the value in having to do that work just to get the value that you wanted in the first place, it seems contradictory and makes more sense to just acquire what you need in the first place.

That being said, all this talk got me thinking something between those 3 teams could work and I worked up a 3 team trade idea along this discussion line. Check it out, maybe we’ll be closer to agreeing with it rather than this:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4442034

Suggesting it's not worth it because we'd have to do the extra work is not a great reason in my opinion, it's essentially a 3 team trade similar to the one you're proposing. By the way, I like the idea,

It's not that I don't value elite scorers, that's why I brought up Konecny who scored at almost the same pace last year on a much worse team, is younger, cheaper, and brings an element to the game Nylander lacks. Add Roslovic and Peeke to that, and remove Murray's cap dump and I think it's an easy win. That's all I'm saying.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 4:37 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Quoting: TCMonkey
If you really believe Pinto will command an $8-9M salary in 2 to 3 years then OTT will absolutely get much better offers if they hang onto him until then.
Most undersized goal scorers coming out of the Q have a massive drop-off when they move to the pros, so Dumais doesn't entice me.
If you really wanted Pinto you should probably use an Offer-Sheet. Ottawa would be in a tough spot trying to match it right now.

I get what your saying and would agree, but in Ottawa if he's not getting 20min a night top 1/2C he won't get to that 8/9M value. In Columbus he could have the chance to achieve it playing 1C until Fantilli takes it over.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 7:14 p.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
I get what your saying and would agree, but in Ottawa if he's not getting 20min a night top 1/2C he won't get to that 8/9M value. In Columbus he could have the chance to achieve it playing 1C until Fantilli takes it over.

I understand why CBJ would like him, but that doesn't change my opinion of the offer. It's a bad deal for OTT. It makes Ottawa a worse team NOW and LATER.
Xspyrit liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
Edited Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:51 p.m.
Easy pass from Ottawa. Only interest from Ottawa to give up Pinto and Brannstrom would be Jiricek.

And no, Pinto won't ever be a 8-9 M$ player but think more about a Phillip Danault type impact, which is extremely impactful without breaking the bank

Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
There's almost no way I see pinto getting top 2C on the sens.

They've got 1C and 2C locked in for years, and once his next contract hits(after this bridge) it'll be in the 8-9M if he plays out the way hes capable of. Sens wont be able to cover that on top of everyone they'll already be paying big $ to.

Then you wait and sell your asset at peak value. This return is not doing that.

With this trade, you're basically getting Phillip Danault and Tobias Enstrom just before they enter their prime/peak and while they still don't cost much. It's very valuable
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:19 p.m.
not a he )
Quoting: TCMonkey
I understand why CBJ would like him, but that doesn't change my opinion of the offer. It's a bad deal for OTT. It makes Ottawa a worse team NOW and LATER.

Am I missing something about Pinto? He’s a distant 3C behind Norris and Stützle.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 8:56 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Quoting: squashmaple
Am I missing something about Pinto? He’s a distant 3C behind Norris and Stützle.

Agreed. But he's a pivot who scored 20 goals in his rookie season, is plays a strong defensive game. He could develop into a top 6 pivot, but you'd be rushing him to start him there next season. He clearly struggled at times to fill in for Norris last year. My point is merely that the trade value here is not enough to make OTT consider giving him up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll