RD
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:01 a.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Flyers decline.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:07 a.m.
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
Flyers decline.

What's the very least they need to add before the Flyers accept in your opinion?
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:18 a.m.
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
What's the very least they need to add before the Flyers accept in your opinion?

Joseph almost has negative value, hes a 3mil bottom 6 guy who had a bad year. Brannstrom is okay, but its taken alot of development just to get him to the NHL, and its still unclear if he'll continue to develop and become a top 4 guy, or whether hes just a good 3rd pair guy, (hes 23 yrs old, has had some NHL time for 5 pro seasons, not very big), so its unclear, similar to the former Leaf Travis Dermott, hes a bit of a tweener, not sure hes enough of a crease clearer/stay at home OR a productive puck rusher.

So theres not enough value in the deal for PHI, they'd have to receive Jarventie OR Ridley Greig as well as the rest of that package, IMO
vikhodush liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:19 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
Joseph almost has negative value, hes a 3mil bottom 6 guy who had a bad year. Brannstrom is okay, but its taken alot of development just to get him to the NHL, and its still unclear if he'll continue to develop and become a top 4 guy, or whether hes just a good 3rd pair guy, (hes 23 yrs old, has had some NHL time for 5 pro seasons, not very big), so its unclear, similar to the former Leaf Travis Dermott, hes a bit of a tweener, not sure hes enough of a crease clearer/stay at home OR a productive puck rusher.

So theres not enough value in the deal for PHI, they'd have to receive Jarventie OR Ridley Greig as well as the rest of that package, IMO

Maybe swap Joseph for Grieg then? I had that thought originally but thought it might be an overpay.
Hammerwise liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:34 a.m.
Michkov fan account
Maybe swap Joseph for Grieg then? I had that thought originally but thought it might be an overpay.

You have to massivly overpay to get konecny. your og trade is fair in value but its almost gonna cost you another first to actually land him due to the fact that he wants to stay and flyers have really no reason to trade him besides him being 2 years to old
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: SimpleMilkman
You have to massivly overpay to get konecny. your og trade is fair in value but its almost gonna cost you another first to actually land him due to the fact that he wants to stay and flyers have really no reason to trade him besides him being 2 years to old

I'm sure Greig + Brannstrom + 1st would get it done. Their reason for trading him is the fact they just started a scorched earth rebuild.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:39 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: SimpleMilkman

I don’t even think the og trade comes close
SimpleMilkman liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:41 a.m.
Danny B is here
I'm sure Greig + Brannstrom + 1st would get it done. Their reason for trading him is the fact they just started a scorched earth rebuild.

I disagree. A 1st, a good prospect, and a guy who is 23 and hasn’t made much of an impact doesn’t get TK. Also we didn’t start a scorched earth rebuild that’s Chicago. If we did that, TK, Laughton, Hart, Sanehim, Tippett, etc would all be gone already. We aren’t bottoming out whether that will help or hurt us in the long run Briere already said that isn’t happening
SimpleMilkman liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
I disagree. A 1st, a good prospect, and a guy who is 23 and hasn’t made much of an impact doesn’t get TK. Also we didn’t start a scorched earth rebuild that’s Chicago. If we did that, TK, Laughton, Hart, Sanehim, Tippett, etc would all be gone already. We aren’t bottoming out whether that will help or hurt us in the long run Briere already said that isn’t happening

I thought everyone was on the table according to him but apparently not. I would consider Greig a blue-chip prospect; he had better production than Konecny at the same age, is only 20 and is cost controlled for the distant future. Compare that to Konecny who'll be looking for a long term UFA contract at 28 in 2 years. Add to that a first and a top 6 D with potential to become a top 4 and I have to disagree with your evaluation.
Xspyrit liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 9:06 a.m.
Danny B is here
I thought everyone was on the table according to him but apparently not. I would consider Greig a blue-chip prospect; he had better production than Konecny at the same age, is only 20 and is cost controlled for the distant future. Compare that to Konecny who'll be looking for a long term UFA contract at 28 in 2 years. Add to that a first and a top 6 D with potential to become a top 4 and I have to disagree with your evaluation.

I mean sure if OTT wants to wait 3-4 more years for guys to develop then they can do that but the whole rest of the team will be looking for contracts at that point
Jul. 19, 2023 at 9:10 a.m.
I mean sure if OTT wants to wait 3-4 more years for guys to develop then they can do that but the whole rest of the team will be looking for contracts at that point

Ottawa doesn't, that's the whole point. He fits Philly's window much better.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 9:20 a.m.

Add a 2nd I guess
Jul. 19, 2023 at 9:21 a.m.
Quoting: Rafa676
Add a 2nd I guess

Yeah it's not as much as this guy wants to believe for sure.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:19 p.m.
Edited Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise

Joseph doesn't need to have value, he's salary back in the deal. He's a decent bottom-6 forward who excels on the PK because he is a top skater and is very active

Brannstrom is more than "okay", he was nothing short of excellent in his role last year and has shown he could take on more responsibility and excel when Chabot was injured. He's a young rising 2-way D-man that people are a bit late on. No worries, he won't be thrown away, The Sens just gave him a 2.0 AAV bridge for a reason. I guess I'll post a table below as Brannstrom is very unknown still. He's not a "crease clearer/stay at home" OR a "productive puck rusher", he's a PMD who excels in retrievals and transition. He's just very quick and that's what makes him good defensively

Jarventie and Greig don't nearly have the same value. I would not trade Greig for Konecny. Greig is a guy I have been bullish on, like I have been for Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, Thomas Chabot when they were "unsure" things. I'm not saying Greig will be that level but he's going to be a Jaden Schwartz type. You don't trade when he's 20 and cost controlled.

1687090656435-png.718991

No. Greig has very high value. They're not trading him. I wouldn't do Greig for Konecny 1 for 1, unless he signs a lifetime contract with the mayor of Ottawa that he would re-sign at the same amount for years

After Duchene and DeBrincat situations, the last thing the Sens need to do is put themselves in that position again. Thankfully, Dorion days are soon over.

I disagree. A 1st, a good prospect, and a guy who is 23 and hasn’t made much of an impact doesn’t get TK.

lol, as always

There's the NHL market, that is tracked for decades and then there's your takes.

Greig + Brannstrom + 1st is like 3 TIMES what DeBrincat just returned.

Ottawa doesn't, that's the whole point. He fits Philly's window much better.

Moot point, was not available for Chychrun (and probably DeBrincat), they're not trading him for a winger. If Konecny had his current contract long term then it would be a different story
Jul. 19, 2023 at 8:29 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Joseph doesn't need to have value, he's salary back in the deal. He's a decent bottom-6 forward who excels on the PK because he is a top skater and is very active

Brannstrom is more than "okay", he was nothing short of excellent in his role last year and has shown he could take on more responsibility and excel when Chabot was injured. He's a young rising 2-way D-man that people are a bit late on. No worries, he won't be thrown away, The Sens just gave him a 2.0 AAV bridge for a reason. I guess I'll post a table below as Brannstrom is very unknown still. He's not a "crease clearer/stay at home" OR a "productive puck rusher", he's a PMD who excels in retrievals and transition. He's just very quick and that's what makes him good defensively

Jarventie and Greig don't nearly have the same value. I would not trade Greig for Konecny. Greig is a guy I have been bullish on, like I have been for Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, Thomas Chabot when they were "unsure" things. I'm not saying Greig will be that level but he's going to be a Jaden Schwartz type. You don't trade when he's 20 and cost controlled.

1687090656435-png.718991

No. Greig has very high value. They're not trading him. I wouldn't do Greig for Konecny 1 for 1, unless he signs a lifetime contract with the mayor of Ottawa that he would re-sign at the same amount for years

After Duchene and DeBrincat situations, the last thing the Sens need to do is put themselves in that position again. Thankfully, Dorion days are soon over.

lol, as always

There's the NHL market, that is tracked for decades and then there's your takes.

Greig + Brannstrom + 1st is like AT LEAST 3 TIMES what DeBrincat just returned.

Yeah I agree that Greig is too much to add there. I don't think my original trade was that far off, I think this guy just has a misunderstanding of typical trade value. Might need to add somewhat to Joseph + Brannstrom + 1st but it's a start.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 7:01 p.m.
Yeah I agree that Greig is too much to add there. I don't think my original trade was that far off, I think this guy just has a misunderstanding of typical trade value. Might need to add somewhat to Joseph + Brannstrom + 1st but it's a start.

I think you'd need to add a prospect like Sokolov or Thomson but yeah, you were close. But then again, people undervalue Brannstrom big time

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll