SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Extension in place

Created by: BlueJacketsandBuckeyes
Published: Aug. 4, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,823,925011---0000--
Vladar, DanielCalgary FlamesNHL-$2,188,172011-------00
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Roslovic, JackColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$3,978,495011---0000--
Peeke, AndrewColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,735,215011---0000--
Ceulemans, CorsonWaivers ExemptColumbus Blue JacketsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---010------
2026 2nd round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$213,333214363369
Change$298,38701102-1
Final$85,054 (↑)2144 (↑)64 (↑)38 (↑)8 (↓)000

Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Roslovic, JackColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$3,978,495011---0000--
Peeke, AndrewColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,735,215011---0000--
Ceulemans, CorsonWaivers ExemptColumbus Blue JacketsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---010------
2026 2nd round pick (Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,823,925011---0000--
Vladar, DanielCalgary FlamesNHL-$2,188,172011-------00
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,729,1672144623612
Change-$298,3870-1-10-21
Final$4,430,780 (↓)2143 (↓)61 (↓)34 (↓)13 (↑)000
Aug. 4, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Not even close. Calgary hangs up.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 12:03 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Huge overpay. Calgary would accept in a heartbeat.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
So, Flames fan says Calgary hangs up and CBJ fan says Calgary accepts in a heartbeat. Hmmm. One of them isn’t being honest and I think it’s the…

… Jacket. Nothing in the return from Columbus is a big needle mover, not even in sum. As a CBJ fan, I’d LOVE this deal but it ain’t happening.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 2:14 p.m.
Quoting: Ghost_of_Boomer
So, Flames fan says Calgary hangs up and CBJ fan says Calgary accepts in a heartbeat. Hmmm. One of them isn’t being honest and I think it’s the…

… Jacket. Nothing in the return from Columbus is a big needle mover, not even in sum. As a CBJ fan, I’d LOVE this deal but it ain’t happening.

I would say it is both at the same time. It is an overpayment in total value while providing nothing that Calgary wants. A pending UFA forward, young defense man, and defensive prospect does not align to the core needs of the Flames.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 6:14 p.m.
Edited Aug. 4, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: HappySqrl
I would say it is both at the same time. It is an overpayment in total value.

It is not. If he's even traded at all Lindholm will fetch a better return than that even without an extension. I've said it before and I'll say it again if Lindholm decides not to extend with Calgary and Columbus wants him any trade with them would have to start with a 1st round pick or a prospect Calgary likes + one of Johnson, Marchenko or Sillinger.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
It is not. If he's even traded at all Lindholm will fetch a better return than that even without an extension. I've said it before and I'll say it again if Lindholm decides not to extend with Calgary and Columbus wants him any trade with them would have to start with a 1st round pick or a prospect Calgary likes + one of Johnson, Marchenko or Sillinger.

Then be prepared to never trade him.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: HappySqrl
I would say it is both at the same time. It is an overpayment in total value while providing nothing that Calgary wants. A pending UFA forward, young defense man, and defensive prospect does not align to the core needs of the Flames.

I get that BUT he’s a UFA at the end of the season and I haven’t heard that there are contract talks that are making progress. If they want anything for him they may have to sell for a lower price.
Ghost_of_Boomer liked this.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 11:42 p.m.

You can’t have Johnson or Marchenko and by the time they decide whether or not they’d give you Sillinger, Lindholm will either have signed or left you hanging rendering it all moot. You could probably get their 2024 1st though.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Aug. 4, 2023 at 11:52 p.m.
Edited Aug. 4, 2023 at 11:58 p.m.
You can’t have Johnson or Marchenko and by the time they decide whether or not they’d give you Sillinger, Lindholm will either have signed or left you hanging rendering it all moot. You could probably get their 2024 1st though.

You have it all backwards. It isn't up to Columbus what Calgary gets for Lindholm IF THEY DO TRADE HIM. If they do, Calgary will decide if Columbus' offer is good enough. Calgary would receive plenty of good offers from other teams it's not like they'd have to take w/e garbage a team like Columbus wants to get rid of.

Quantity doesn't equal quality. This proposal has too much quantity and not enough quality.

Roslovic? Get real he's a mini cap dump. A bottom 6 center who doesn't have the skill to be a top 6 player and isn't gritty enough to be worth his 4 mil AAV in the bottom 6.
Peeke and Ceulemans aren't bad but defense isn't what Calgary would be looking for in a Lindholm trade.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 12:12 a.m.
Fire J.D. too

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the jackets traded for Lindholm then Johnson IS NOT EVEN A POSSIBILITY. It's not happening.

And that goes for Fantilli, marchenko, jiricek, and probably mateychuk.

Heck, when Lindholm leaves Calgary the first thing jarmo does is get johnny to reach out. Try to sign him as UFA and give up nothing. Getting Lindholm this season isn't a necessary move for Columbus. We're good as is, and maybe ufa Lindholm can be had, if not ...meh, he's not worth giving up any of those assets.
dk325 and Ghost_of_Boomer liked this.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:16 a.m.
Edited Aug. 5, 2023 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the jackets traded for Lindholm then Johnson IS NOT EVEN A POSSIBILITY. It's not happening.

And that goes for Fantilli, marchenko, jiricek, and probably mateychuk.

Heck, when Lindholm leaves Calgary the first thing jarmo does is get johnny to reach out. Try to sign him as UFA and give up nothing. Getting Lindholm this season isn't a necessary move for Columbus. We're good as is, and maybe ufa Lindholm can be had, if not ...meh, he's not worth giving up any of those assets.

Dream on. Lindholm will not be leaving as a UFA. He'll either be extended in Calgary or traded to a team he will extend with ala Matthew Tkachuk. There will be plenty of suitors with good offers it's not as if Columbus is the only team that would be interested so they can get him with giving up anything worthwhile!

Fantasize all you want but it'll Johnson or Marchenko or Sillinger and a 1st (at least) for any offer from Columbus to be considered. Yeah sure Fantilli would work too but if that was going to happen they would have offered the pick at the draft and there's a good chance Calgary would have accepted.

Edit: made it more clear I'm saying it'd take at least one of the three players I named and a 1st, not two of them and a 1st.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:25 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Yeah sure Fantilli would work too but if that was going to happen they would have offered the pick at the draft and there's a good chance Calgary would have accepted.

"A good chance" tears of joy
Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:29 a.m.
Edited Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:36 a.m.
Quoting: dk325
"A good chance" tears of joy

Yeah I should have said "might have". You people just don't get it. Calgary wants to remain competitive not rebuild. If they were rebuilding they definitely would have accepted that but they aren't rebuilding. They might be forced to rebuild if Lindholm decides not to extend but he hasn't decided one way or another yet.

Get off your high horses and accept the reality that Calgary is not shopping Lindholm. They might be at some point in the next year but they aren't at this time. Even if they do wind up trading him in the end 1st line centers always get good offers even if they'd be 1B on the acquiring team (which by far would not be the case with Lindholm in Columbus). Your lowball offers won't cut it.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:34 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Yeah I should have said "might have". You people just don't get it. Calgary wants to remain competitive not rebuild.

tears of joy
Aug. 5, 2023 at 1:45 a.m.
tears of joy

We'll be the ones laughing when Lindholm extends in Calgary or gets traded for a lot more than ***** like you think he'll fetch.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 8:29 a.m.
Fire J.D. too
We'll be the ones laughing when Lindholm extends in Calgary or gets traded for a lot more than ***** like you think he'll fetch.

I honestly do feel bad for Calgary fans though, this guy is the last piece of that great 1st line and he's now watched both his line mates leave for huge money and living in the states. It's hard to imagine he stays in Calgary but for the sake of the team I hope he does.

Guess we'll see 🙈
BoomerTheHero liked this.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 8:36 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming

Oh I desperately hope he signs a complete anchor contract in Calgary. Imagine wanting to have $33M+ locked up in an over the hill core of Huberdeau, Lindholm, Kadri, and Weegar laugh
BoomerTheHero liked this.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 12:36 p.m.
Oh I desperately hope he signs a complete anchor contract in Calgary. Imagine wanting to have $33M+ locked up in an over the hill core of Huberdeau, Lindholm, Kadri, and Weegar laugh

You mean like the one little johnny signed in Columbus?
Aug. 5, 2023 at 2:09 p.m.
You have it all backwards. It isn't up to Columbus what Calgary gets for Lindholm IF THEY DO TRADE HIM. If they do, Calgary will decide if Columbus' offer is good enough. Calgary would receive plenty of good offers from other teams it's not like they'd have to take w/e garbage a team like Columbus wants to get rid of.

Quantity doesn't equal quality. This proposal has too much quantity and not enough quality.

Roslovic? Get real he's a mini cap dump. A bottom 6 center who doesn't have the skill to be a top 6 player and isn't gritty enough to be worth his 4 mil AAV in the bottom 6.
Peeke and Ceulemans aren't bad but defense isn't what Calgary would be looking for in a Lindholm trade.

I have nothing backwards because I’m not the one who proposed what you think is a bad deal. All I’m saying is that the CBJ aren’t parting with KJ or Marchy in any trade for Lindholm. If that means they don’t get him or Calgary insists on those guys, so be it. If that’s part of a larger package you think Lindholm is going to fetch from Columbus or any other interested team, you’re dreaming, my fine Flame friend. 😀.

You are right, though, that the CBJ aren’t just gonna get him by offloading mediocre spare parts they have too many of. That’s just dreaming from the other side of the table.
Aug. 5, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
You mean like the one little johnny signed in Columbus?

Oh mox... Don't bring up your sore spot man
Aug. 5, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
I have nothing backwards because I’m not the one who proposed what you think is a bad deal. All I’m saying is that the CBJ aren’t parting with KJ or Marchy in any trade for Lindholm. If that means they don’t get him or Calgary insists on those guys, so be it. If that’s part of a larger package you think Lindholm is going to fetch from Columbus or any other interested team, you’re dreaming, my fine Flame friend. 😀.

That still leaves Sillinger and a 1st. That be enough to get talks going if Lindholm does become available.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll